Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#17 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (10)
Nicole L.
Nicole L.
Marlborough, MA

I'm currently testing this since I received it in my monthly Sephora play box. I've used it with two different masks, a charcoal and a hydrating one. I haven't noticed much of a difference in results or my skin after using this prior to applying masks. I will finish my sample size but don't think it will be a repurchase.
Sammi W.
Sammi W.
Aylett, VA

At first glance I wasn't sure about this product. I never thought I needed a facial mask primer. I just always put the mask on without it. But now that I have it and have tried it. I can't go without it. It helps the mask clean all your pores, it's like the glue that holds the mask in places and cleans out your pores.
Victoria N.
Victoria N.
Albuquerque, NM

Just like your hair, your skin also needs extra attention when you are applying product. The origins skin optimising mask primer preps your skin to fully absorb the properties and benefits of origins masks. Thus allowing you to get more from your product & for your dollar. Well worth the purchase! I highly recommend.
Hannah B.
Hannah B.

Work very well and left my skin feeling hydrated, ready for a mask.
The mask primer is made up of the company's special formula, "marine algae extract".
It has been designed to be sprayed all over your face before you put you mask on, this helps the mask,of you choice, formula spread much more evenly over your skin.
Oren A.
Oren A.

I bought this a year ago since i found that my face mask is leaving my skin bit sour and i thought this might help. As far as I'm concerned this is absolutely worthless, I did not see any difference at all after using it with a few different masks. You may as well spray water on your face. I do not recommend at all.
BreAnna R.
BreAnna R.
Crown Point, IN

I got this to use before my facial masks. It was gentle on my skin, and for sure felt hydrating. It was my first time ever using a product like this, but I didn't fall in love with it. Origins has clean packaging, and didn't have any harsh smells. But I didn't notice enough of a difference in my skin to repurchase.
Rachel B.
Rachel B.
Dallas, TX

I have used this a few times it works great and make my skin feel great and also gave my a glow I would not normally have. This is a pricey item so I would purchase with the intent to use. It is like nothing I have tried before. The bottle and packaging is great! I would suggest trying it out first it is different.
Shaye K.
Shaye K.
Chattanooga, TN

This is an excellent mask primer! It sets the skin up to soak in all he nutrients or treatments in the mask you are using! Very easy to apply and has a faint if not noticeable scent! It does come out a little quick so close your eyes and mouth and hold your breath! I like to pat this in and apply mask right after!
Liz
Liz

I got this as a sample from Sephora, and I really enjoyed the feel of it. It prepped my skin for my mask and it felt very refreshing. This was my first time using this mask primer and it was nice, although I don't think I'd actually purchase it. For $22 as just as an enhancer, it's not worth it for me personally.
Ester C.

Rochester, NY

Clancy M.
Clancy M.
Whycocomagh, NS

Does this primer work even for masks that are meant to soak up oil and dry out acne?
Tatiana M.
Tatiana M.
New Windsor, NY

I've been curious about this product. Does anyone truly see a difference? I am a sucker for a good mask and would love to get 100% from the products! Thanks in advanced!
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.

Join Now