Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#38 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (15)
Emily K.
Emily K.

This product is ok... It feels refreshing when applied, But in my opinion not necessary to achieve the results of your mask. This might be good for peel off masks, but for me being very oily in general, most of my masks are clay. Be careful if you have lash extensions, this product has oils!
Jessica E.
Jessica E.
Bradenton, FL

Very hydrating and refreshing on the skin. Not a necessity, but it makes you feel like you are getting more out of your face masks. It's an interesting product because there aren't many other things on the market that are similar to this. Definitely worth a try if you are a face mask lover.
Becky W.
Becky W.
Winter Spgs, FL

I received a sample size of Origins Maskimizer through a beauty subscription service. It seems like a great idea, but I didn't see any difference between the times I used it compared to the times I didn't use it. I suggest using your money on a great mask instead of purchasing this product.
Jasmine G.
Jasmine G.
Stratford, OK

I like this primer. it isn't greasy or slimey. It does help with minimizing finelines and doesn't seem to make my makeup slide off, which is a good thing for a primer. It met my expectations even for the price! I probably would buy it again, but I do have primers that I prefer over this one.
Megan C.
Megan C.
Los Angeles, CA

My mom had purchased this for herself but never used it so she gave it to me. I have always been a fan of Origins products. I was having a lot of break outs and this has helped calm them down a little bit. I'm still looking for a permanent product to use, but I might come back to this one.
Daniela B.
Daniela B.
Oak Harbor, WA

I originally got this as a sample from my Sephora Play box and I liked it the first two times I used it so I decided to buy the full sized. Don't know why but it just didn't work out. It didn't do very much. It worked nicely with my Origins Rose Clay mask but not with other brand's masks.
Jessica C.
Jessica C.

I loved this product. I received a sample size in a subscription box and to be honest I'm not sure if it helped make the mask more affective or not but I do love the idea and my skin felt amazing after using it. I'm just not sure if my face would've felt less amazing if I haven't used it.
Cait M.
Cait M.
Cedar Rapids, IA

I got this in my Sephora Play! Box. I'll admit I'm not an avid mask user so maybe I can't appreciate its true potential. I'm not sure it did anything additional to the mask I used. I don't think I'd spend money on a full bottle, but for those who use masks regularly it may be worth a buy!
Adrianna S.
Adrianna S.

Super good primer! I use this a lot, I love the way the makeup looks super good and smooth and just overall good and I've been using this for a while now and I love that it isn't too unreasonable of a cost to buy it and I would recommend this product to anyone who asked me if I liked it!
Ema B.
Ema B.
Croatia

Primer like any primer I used. I think I like it but I tried better before. I order it from Amazon and it was not bad price, it was okay, but I thought it will be better. It is nice packaging, i love it for sure. I will recommend it for someone who is not searching for something special.
Katrina S.

Rochester, NY

Clancy M.
Clancy M.
Antigonish, Nova Scotia

Does this primer work even for masks that are meant to soak up oil and dry out acne?
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY

Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?

Join Now