BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little ske...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a fac...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen...Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
nicole c.
nicole c.

I was really skeptical about this product, but I really enjoyed it. This basically functions as a mild toner before application of a face mask or other skincare. I Think that its good that this type of product does not have a fragrance. This feels refreshing, gives you a bit of moisture, & nicely preps your skin. My mask went on smoothly & afterwards my skin didn't feel tight or dry. Is this product a necessity? No, but I really enjoyed it!
Taylor K.
Taylor K.
Angola, In
I received a sample of the Origins Maskimizer from Sephora, I used it before my mud mask and it made my skin so much smoother and helped to fully maximize the masks capabilities. I now use my Origins Maskimizier before every facial mask!
Kiera P.
Kiera P.
Kings Park, NY
really pleased with the results i got out of this product. inexpensive and definitely worth it!
Jessica W.
Jessica W.
Savannah, GA
I wasn't super impressed with this one, didn't see much of a difference in my skin after finishing the bottle.
Carter H.
Carter H.
Potomac, MD
Love using this before I apply a mask. It seems to help the mask sink in deeper and I get better results. I do wonder if I would get the same results from any spray toner though.
marlen p.
marlen p.
I was actually surprised that I liked this product a lot. Haven't stop used it. Doesn't dry my face.
Carey V.
Carey V.
Bridgeport, CT
The skin-optimizing mask primer is great to use right before I apply on my moisturizer and then the rest of my makeup. It's gentle on the skin and my skin doesn't feel as drying throughout the day since I have combination to oil oily skin.
Anita S.
Anita S.
Philomath, OR
Love origins products. This mask serum is no exception. Nothing like a primer to help advance the way a mask works and it's effectiveness.
Kt E.
Kt E.
Fayetteville, AR
Ok this is going to be a very honest review. I got a sample of this recently and while it was nice to have the option of using a pre-mask primer, I really don't think it's something I'll ever buy.... That being said, it did have a lovely scent, but I'd rather just do a good old fashioned creamy face wash before applying a mask because I really don't see the point in this product.
Liz
Liz
I got this as a sample from Sephora, and I really enjoyed the feel of it. It prepped my skin for my mask and it felt very refreshing. This was my first time using this mask primer and it was nice, although I don't think I'd actually purchase it. For $22 as just as an enhancer, it's not worth it for me personally.
Katrina S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.