BY ORIGINS #85 in Serums

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little ske...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a fac...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen...Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Lex W.
Lex W.
Very good in absorbing the mask you are going to out on your face. I also heard a lot of great reviews from youtubers so if you want, you can go check out reviews there too!
Joy I.
Joy I.
Flower Mound, TX
This is a fairly new product on the market, and there is not really another quite like it. You just put it before any non peel-off mask, and it helps provide smoother application and is easy to remove. I purchased mine from an Origins store with a coupon. I like to use it before the Clear Improvement mask, because it does not feel as thick and glides on and off smoothly. It is a good price for the size because you only need a little each time.
Marina K.
Marina K.
Perkasie, PA
This is such a confusing product and i'm still not sure what it is used for. I tried applying it before I put on a mask and it did nothing. I tried putting on before my foundation and it did nothing. I would not buy it again and I did not recommend it
Brittany F.
Brittany F.
Scottsdale, AZ
I really don’t know that the maximizer does that much to improve the results of face masks. Personally, I think it’s an unnecessary product. I mean, I could see a few potential benefits from this - it essentially acts as a toner, and I can see how it would be helpful with clay masks by keeping them moist while you apply to the rest of your face. Now, keep in mind, for other skin types, this may be wonderful! My skin is pretty “normal”, not oily nor dry. I spoke with a Sephora employee about this product and she said that with some kinds of masks, this will show benefits after usage, but with others, it won’t. I tried it but I didn't notice any results, even after multiple uses. For me, it just isn’t worth it.
Dominique F.
Dominique F.
Los Angeles, CA
Both my mom and I love this product for all ages. This product is a perfect primer with a refreshing and clean feeling on your face throughout the day. Overall it met my expectations with a few additional benefits for my sensitive skin!
Sidney F.
Sidney F.
Maple Plain, MN
Very amazing product! My skin felt so soft after only one use and made my face feel clean and my pores clear.
Brittany S.
Brittany S.
Watertown, NY
This feels smooth after putting it on and it actually works rather well I have only used it once so far and I liked it
Sherrie p.
Sherrie p.
Tonawanda, NY
Very good product makes face feel fresh and exhilarated I love this product and would highly recommend it
Cori C.
Cori C.
Winston Salem, NC
This product is a neat idea ands some benefits but not enough for me to repurchase. Buying it in a mask set is perfect to complement but beyond that the appeal is lost and it almost seems gimmicky. Neat idea! Debatable on whether or not it has a crazy impact.
Kassidy L.
Kassidy L.
Saint Louis, MO
Love love love love love love this Origins Maskimizer . It's a bit pricey , but well worth every penny . It's a most try / buy!!!! Thank me later ! :) I think everyone needs to try al their products
Katrina S.
Rochester, NY
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.