BY ORIGINS #85 in Serums

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little ske...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a fac...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen...Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Jarwin P.
Jarwin P.
Miami, Fl
Andreina R.
Andreina R.
Boise, ID
Ok so at first I saw this and thought it was a very interesting product come to find out that it's just an unnecessary extra step when doing a mask I didn't see a difference in using it compared to just applying the face mask normals plus origins isn't a cheap brand and you don't get a lot of product
Cadie J.
Cadie J.
Burns, TN
I have tried the origins masks before for about a month with out the primer. the waited a month with no masks and then tried it with the next month and o.m.g. guys it's so worth it the effectiveness of the mask and the quickness that it helps clear up my skin and it leaves me feeling dew and great
thalia r.
thalia r.
I did not like this at all hence the one star. First, I didn't even like the way it sprayed my face. Face sprays are usually finely misted and this felt like a bucket to the face. Although the scent was nice, It really didn't do much to my skin to make me think i needed it in my everyday routine.
Elena A.
Elena A.
Dallas, TX
I don't see the real need in another step when applying a mask but I do see the logic. It feels as if the mask goes on the skin better when applying this primer. It doesn't seem to dry my skin out and it doesn't dry the mask fast so I feel like the mask has more time to work as much as it can.
Rosa R.
Rosa R.
Atlanta, GA
I love makeup, and I've come to realize that priming the face before makeup is key. This primer is unlike any other one I have used! It is amazing and left my skin soft smooth, and while it held my makeup on, it also made it easier to remove. I really really recommend this product to everyone!
Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.
Rowlett, TX
I do not see the point of this product. I had a sample of this and used it before a clay mask and a hydrating mask. I saw no difference. I personally think this is just a gimmick. I do not see the need to purchase this product and I don't think it is a necessary step in your skincare routine.
Mala K.
Mala K.
Rantoul, IL
I received a mini facial with this product and I can feel the difference with my skin. I feel like it enhances the function of the mask. I have oily combination skin and it made it feel refreshing. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking to get the most out their mask treatment.
Emily K.
Emily K.
Hamburg, NY
This product is ok... It feels refreshing when applied, But in my opinion not necessary to achieve the results of your mask. This might be good for peel off masks, but for me being very oily in general, most of my masks are clay. Be careful if you have lash extensions, this product has oils!
Becky W.
Becky W.
Winter Spgs, FL
I received a sample size of Origins Maskimizer through a beauty subscription service. It seems like a great idea, but I didn't see any difference between the times I used it compared to the times I didn't use it. I suggest using your money on a great mask instead of purchasing this product.
Katrina S.
Rochester, NY
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.