Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#17 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (10)
Julia Y.
Julia Y.
Berkeley, CA

I bought this product because of a YouTuber's recommendation. This product claimed to maximize the effect of our masks, but I do not find any difference with or without it. I've tried using it other ways too but I cannot find a use of this product. Overall I do not recommend this product because the effect is very minimal to nothing and it can cause breakouts.
Ildemar R.
Ildemar R.
Miami Florida

I was a little bit skeptical of this product, as I didn't think it would do much. To my surprise, it actually creates a really nice base for any face mask and allows for a very even mask application. It smells nice, and is refreshing. I would say if you have money to spend and want to try it, go for it, but it's not like you can't do a face mask without it!
Morgan  B.
Morgan B.

I saw this product reviewed a lot on Youtube and I am a frequent user of face masks so I thought I would try it. I really liked it and it left my face feeling bright and fresh. For the brand I thought it was priced pretty normally. I don't think this product is a necessity so I probably won't buy it again but was a nice touch if you want to treat yourself!
Nikoline H.
Nikoline H.
Livermore, CA

I am pleasantly surprised that this works so well. It leaves my face feeling soft before I apply my mask and my mask goes on so much smoothr. I've tried it with different brands of masks and I get the same result. My face feels just as soft when I wash the mask off. I just wish it came with a little more product for the price but I would still repurchase.
Kaniesha K.
Kaniesha K.
Atlanta, GA

I love this product! I first got a sample to try in my play! Box and loved it so much I bought the full sized bottle! I definitely see a dramatic difference in how effective my mask are when used with s spray. I also sometimes use it in the mornings under my moisturizer or for a boost of moisture once my makeup is applied. I would recommend this product.
sally c.
sally c.
Fullerton, CA

I got this product as a gift from my mom and I've been using it for about a month and I can see some differences! It's a little pricey but it's worth the money, and the formula is very gentle on your skin, even for me with sensitive skin. The packaging is really basic, nothing too crazy, which is nice as well. I would recommend this for all skin types.
Elisha Y.
Elisha Y.

OMG! Best thing you could spend your money on!

I would stock up with this!

This is a perfect setting spray, I could go hours after a long hot day and my make up still last all night.

This is one of Origins top products and a beauty must have.

Brilliantly priced as well. If you are on holiday - this is perfect for almost a cooling mist! I love it.
Charlotte S.
Charlotte S.
Sandy Hook, CT

I was very excited to try this product because I had heard a lot about it but was a little skeptical at first as to how well it would work. I was pleasantly surprised when I purchased this. It really preps your skin for whatever mask you decide to use after. It is light and refreshing and makes your skin feel clean even before the use of a mask.
Vedrana H.
Vedrana H.

I've used it mainly before my Originst Intense Night Drink up mask because I like to prepare my skin before any other products. Firstly, I got it like a tester but then I bought the whole package and I'm using it ever since (2 times a week). I would reccommend it for anyone who has sensitive skin which reacts after using this kind of products.
Brigée M.
Brigée M.
Saint Bernard, LA

I received a small sample of this product from my Play! by Sephora subscription box. I was able to get two uses out of it, so I couldn't really make a decision on whether I liked it or not. I noticed it made my skin a bit more glowy, which I am a fan of. If you like masks I think this would be a nice product to add to your weekly mask routine.
Katrina S.

Rochester, NY

Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.
Tatiana M.
Tatiana M.
New Windsor, NY

I've been curious about this product. Does anyone truly see a difference? I am a sucker for a good mask and would love to get 100% from the products! Thanks in advanced!
Clancy M.
Clancy M.
Whycocomagh, NS

Does this primer work even for masks that are meant to soak up oil and dry out acne?

Join Now