Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#43 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (18)
Sammi W.
Sammi W.
Aylett, VA

At first glance I wasn't sure about this product. I never thought I needed a facial mask primer. I just always put the mask on without it. But now that I have it and have tried it. I can't go without it. It helps the mask clean all your pores, it's like the glue that holds the mask in places and cleans out your pores.
Lynnzy B.
Lynnzy B.

Gimmick? This is what I thought too before I tried this out from a sephora play box. I admit I was so totally wrong. This is wonderful to spray on your face before a moisturizer (the green origins mask I wear overnight). Moisturizer goes on so much more smoothly, and I feel it absorbs best when I spray this on first.
Victoria N.
Victoria N.
RIO RANCHO , NEW MEXICO

Just like your hair, your skin also needs extra attention when you are applying product. The origins skin optimising mask primer preps your skin to fully absorb the properties and benefits of origins masks. Thus allowing you to get more from your product & for your dollar. Well worth the purchase! I highly recommend.
BreAnna R.
BreAnna R.
Crown Point, IN

I got this to use before my facial masks. It was gentle on my skin, and for sure felt hydrating. It was my first time ever using a product like this, but I didn't fall in love with it. Origins has clean packaging, and didn't have any harsh smells. But I didn't notice enough of a difference in my skin to repurchase.
Maedchen G.
Maedchen G.
Mooresville, NC

This really works! It's a super simple way to prep your face right before putting on a mask to get all the good out of it. It has a very light pleasant scent but it doesn't cling to your face or anything. The only thing I would say is that I wish it was more of a mist than a spray but that's a personal preference.
Gabby M.
Gabby M.
San Antonio, TX

Ok so to start things off I considered this a gimmick. Like why would someone prep their face to apply a mask? Well if you've ever read the mask applications they say to wet your face. Only this product has special magic that boosts the effects of the mask. I do notice a slight difference but either way I like it.
Shaye K.
Shaye K.
Chattanooga, TN

This is an excellent mask primer! It sets the skin up to soak in all he nutrients or treatments in the mask you are using! Very easy to apply and has a faint if not noticeable scent! It does come out a little quick so close your eyes and mouth and hold your breath! I like to pat this in and apply mask right after!
Tatja B.
Tatja B.
Fort Mill, SC

I love a good peel off mask and use them often but my skin is pretty dry/sensitive so using this primer is a must! After using this my skin always feels renewed, refreshed and moisturized. It locks in the water after I wash my face and still allows the mask to penetrate my skin. I'm so glad I discovered this!
Becky M.
Becky M.
Cincinnati , OH

I received a sample of this, and thought it was an interesting product. It primes your skin prior to putting on a mask, and although I didn't notice a significant difference in the application, it was a nice product. Pleasant scent, and as always I enjoy the Origins brand. I would be willing to try it again.
Morgan W.
Morgan W.
Searcy, AR

I'm so glad they made a prep step before mask. It allows you to see the best results from your mask. It's like softners from Shieseido.
The best way to explain what this does is...
Does a sponge clean up a mess better when it's dry or when it's wet?? When it's yet!! So that's what it's doing for your skin
Katrina S.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL

Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY

Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Kayla B.

Mary S.
Mary S.
Rochester, NY

Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.

Join Now