BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Tanaya P.
I got this as sample. I don't think it does anything and doesn't need to be in my skincare routine. It does not cause any problem to my skin so that's not too bad however I would not go out to buy this.
Brianna G.
This product is good for obviously before you out your facemask on bit i dont see it to be necessary a face mask is meant to help your skin but what a primer does is block toxins from clogging your pores which does not help your skin after the face mask
Alyssa B.
Eaton Rapids, MI
It works great! You feel it stick to your skin instantly. But do you really need a mask primer? I feel like it's just adding more stuff to your skin that you really don't need! I honestly don't use this anymore because I just feel that my masks work the same without it!
Zafirah R.
Astoria, NY
Okay, I have put on Origin masks with and without this mask primer. I give it three stars mainly because of the scent and longevity of the product. I have the 3.2 oz bottle and I am still going strong. The packaging is well made and you are able to get the very ends of the product considering that it is in a spray bottle. But I am not sure if the product actually makes the mask more effective. If anything, my skin just feels more hydrated :)
Victoria P.
Atlanta, GA
I have no idea what this product actually does. It claims to maximize the effects of any mask you use with it, but I have seen absolutely zero difference with or without it. I received this as a gift and would never purchase. This seems really gimmicky and not necessarily like Origins' other products, which are pretty solid. Two stars because it felt nice and didn't break me out. Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz
Alisha V.
Richmond, MI
I loved it! Though I do prefer the smash box priming water, this is a close second. It was incredibly effective at keeping my foundation looking fresh, and my skin feeling hydrated all day. I'd happily recommend this anyone, especially those with dry/combination type skin.
Janelle M.
Traverse City, MI
I actually really enjoy this product , it lasts pretty long so I'm still on my first bottle but it's filled with a ton of yummy stuff like green tea and a marine algae complex ! Sometimes I use this to set my skincare at night for a extra boost and I'll use it prime before foundation as well but amazing before masks!!
Victoria H.
Bentonville, AR
I'm a little tough on beauty products, so while I love the Origins brand, this primer did nothing for my skin. The primer sat funny on my skin: it pilled up and felt really dimethicone-y. It's best to go to a department store or Sephora where you can sample the product first before you commit to a full bottle. Just because it didn't work for my skin, doesn't mean it can't work for you.
canisia m.
First off I love face masks .. they're especially fun for like a night in with friends and stuff and they're fun and cute. The packaging is nice and simple too The product isn't tooo pricey either and it's worth it because it's not harsh on the skin or anything. ūüĎĆ
Janey B.
I have used this "primer" with the Origins charcoal mask, the drink up mask and the rose clay mask. I like the feeling of misting my face with it pre-mask, but I am not sure that it actually does anything to improve the performance of the mask. I will say that it makes the charcoal mask sting less.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.