Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#17 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (10)
Krysten F.
Krysten F.

When I put this on WOW! I just feel my face mask completely just soak into my skin and really get into my pores better than ever before. There's definitely a significant difference between using a face Mika with and without this product. You feel the results instantly, the way the mask just stays to your face so much better. Totally worth the buy if you're a face mask lover like me:)
Bhavna S.
Bhavna S.
Astoria, NY

I love this mist! It's very light and refreshing but I still felt like I had to go in with a primer for the smoothing portion in the skin but I do like it for a light wash of misting and for an every day use. It doesn't do much for the pores and such and especially if you have problem proned skin but it will form as a nice barrier for the makeup to last and overall health of ur skin
Kt E.
Kt E.
Fayetteville, AR

Ok this is going to be a very honest review. I got a sample of this recently and while it was nice to have the option of using a pre-mask primer, I really don't think it's something I'll ever buy.... That being said, it did have a lovely scent, but I'd rather just do a good old fashioned creamy face wash before applying a mask because I really don't see the point in this product.
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Sacramento, CA

I love Origins' masks so I figured I would try the mask primer they came up with since it's a brand new idea in the skincare world. Unfortunately, it was not love. It did make my skin softer and possibly retain moisture better but I don't feel it really enhanced my masks at all. I will say that this gave me the idea to put a gel mask under my clay masks and it works marvelously.
Monique G.
Monique G.
Dsrt Hot Spgs, CA

I nlofe anything to do masks so the first i saw this was the first time that i even knew this exsisted i fell in love with it because i always had had problems applying my f a ce mask especially the freemans charcoal mask and also the peel away mask by free man i was never able to peel it off to smothly untill i seen thhis and used it i recommend any one with my problem buy it

(BM-136159) a.
(BM-136159) a.
DORAL, FL

I love this suf I use daily , since I see you first because I loved my face clean and Disappears these imperfections so ugly in my face, This product really makes the mask stick on and absorb into the skin. Makes the skin so soft! . Sé que este producto es un poco artificioso , Works great to prep your face for any of their masks - allows to work better and very refreshing
Emily D.
Emily D.
South Hutchinson, KS

This is a skin prepping spray to use before using masks. It was super easy to apply since it is in spray format compared to having to rub like a cream. Just a couple spritz and your good to go. I can say it was quite refreshing! It does have good beneficial ingredients so none-the-less it IS benefiting your skin though it's hard to say if in relation with applying masks.
Monica G.
Monica G.

In all honesty I was pretty skeptical about this product. It says its supposed to help masks spread more evenly, and it definitely does that, but I'm not sure it's enough to sell me on it. My face felt nicely hydrated after the mask, however I find it difficult to justify the price tag and think its a bit of a gimmicky product. Feels nice, but ultimately not worth it.
Morgan K.
Morgan K.
Dothan, AL

I received a deluxe sample of this by redeeming points on sephora. I have used this product a few times with various types of masks (mud, cream, and sheet) and I haven't really been able to tell if it made a difference. I haven't noticed any negative effects, and i feel like I'm pampering myself when I use it, but I'm not sure I would pay money for this product.
Maggie L.
Maggie L.
Brooklyn, NY

This primer is easy to apply on your skin prior to using your mask, whether it be a sheet or a paste. I spray it 2-3 times and I use both kinds of masks. I never used to use primers, but when I started applying the Origins Maskimizer Mask Primer, I noticed my skin has softened, even more so than when I didn't use the primer. It's refreshing and soothes the skin.
Katrina S.

Rochester, NY

Clancy M.
Clancy M.
Whycocomagh, NS

Does this primer work even for masks that are meant to soak up oil and dry out acne?
Tatiana M.
Tatiana M.
New Windsor, NY

I've been curious about this product. Does anyone truly see a difference? I am a sucker for a good mask and would love to get 100% from the products! Thanks in advanced!
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.

Join Now