BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little ske...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a fac...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen...Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Emily A.
Emily A.
I am super into skincare and love masking so I was really excited to receive this as gratis!

Unfortunately I didn't notice any difference in how my mask performed or how my skin looked/felt when using this mask primer. I loved the idea of it but didn't see any real results.

I don't think I would purchase this.
Monique M.
Monique M.
Toms River, NJ
Received in a Sephora play box. I just don't see the point of this product. Prior to masking, I use a hot washcloth or steam bath to open the pores and prep for the mask. This product seems counterintuitive in my humble opinion. Pricey and unnecessary. Sorry Origins, love your other products tho.
Kelly B.
Kelly B.
East Brunswick
I did not like this product because it felt too useless to be worth the cost. I didn't see any redeeming qualities in this product because masks felt the same without the primer product. I could not justify purchasing this item again, and I still do not believe that masks need any primer.
Shaylee H.
Shaylee H.
Ambridge, PA
This spray feels refreshing, but I don't feel like it primes for a mask in any way. I have used Origins masks with and without this primer and truly did not see a difference. I would not purchase this again.
Heidi S.
Heidi S.
Newllano, LA
I received a sample of this with an online order. I used it with the Origins Drink Up Overnight mask. I sprayed Maskimizer on then applied the mask. The next morning my skin felt refreshed and plumped. I've used the mask without the spray since and it seems that the spray actually did enhance the mask.  Would purchase a full size soon.
Mack H.
Mack H.
I absolutely love this product! it is so refreshing and it makes my skin so soft. This product is a great value for the amount of money spent. The packaging is very nice as well. All of my expectations for this product were met and beyond. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone!
karina u.
karina u.
Lakewood, NJ
I mostly use this in the morning after i was my face, it perks ya up. Ive also used this before my masks and I must admit it does make my face feel refreshed before my masks, but other than that I dont really see a difference. Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz
Victoria P.
Victoria P.
Atlanta, GA
I have no idea what this product actually does. It claims to maximize the effects of any mask you use with it, but I have seen absolutely zero difference with or without it. I received this as a gift and would never purchase. This seems really gimmicky and not necessarily like Origins' other products, which are pretty solid. Two stars because it felt nice and didn't break me out. Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz
Zafirah R.
Zafirah R.
Astoria, NY
Okay, I have put on Origin masks with and without this mask primer. I give it three stars mainly because of the scent and longevity of the product. I have the 3.2 oz bottle and I am still going strong. The packaging is well made and you are able to get the very ends of the product considering that it is in a spray bottle. But I am not sure if the product actually makes the mask more effective. If anything, my skin just feels more hydrated :)
Janelle M.
Janelle M.
Traverse City, MI
I actually really enjoy this product , it lasts pretty long so I'm still on my first bottle but it's filled with a ton of yummy stuff like green tea and a marine algae complex ! Sometimes I use this to set my skincare at night for a extra boost and I'll use it prime before foundation as well but amazing before masks!!
Katrina S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.