BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Zafirah R.
Astoria, NY
Okay, I have put on Origin masks with and without this mask primer. I give it three stars mainly because of the scent and longevity of the product. I have the 3.2 oz bottle and I am still going strong. The packaging is well made and you are able to get the very ends of the product considering that it is in a spray bottle. But I am not sure if the product actually makes the mask more effective. If anything, my skin just feels more hydrated :)
Victoria H.
Bentonville, AR
I'm a little tough on beauty products, so while I love the Origins brand, this primer did nothing for my skin. The primer sat funny on my skin: it pilled up and felt really dimethicone-y. It's best to go to a department store or Sephora where you can sample the product first before you commit to a full bottle. Just because it didn't work for my skin, doesn't mean it can't work for you.
Janelle M.
Traverse City, MI
I actually really enjoy this product , it lasts pretty long so I'm still on my first bottle but it's filled with a ton of yummy stuff like green tea and a marine algae complex ! Sometimes I use this to set my skincare at night for a extra boost and I'll use it prime before foundation as well but amazing before masks!!
Maria C.
This is my go to primer before using one of my acne eliminating and face clearing face masks! It leaves my skin feeling really refreshed and ready for the treatment it's about to receive. The price is also very reasonable.
canisia m.
First off I love face masks .. they're especially fun for like a night in with friends and stuff and they're fun and cute. The packaging is nice and simple too The product isn't tooo pricey either and it's worth it because it's not harsh on the skin or anything. đź‘Ś
Taylor S.
Awesome cleansing water based product! I even put it on before I use my regular moisturizer. It was a gentle and nice smelling product. Very effective for its main purpose and for many others as well, I highly recommend!
Yahira T.
I bought this thinking it would perhaps help masks sink in better or open pores. Please don't waste you money on this, just take a shower and let the steam open up your pores and then apply your masks cause this doesn't do anything. Don't waist your  money.
Cora O.
Conyers
I bought this on a whim. I'm still not sure what it's supposed to do- I've read what it's supposed to do, yes, but it hasn't improved or decreased the quality of my skin. I wouldn't buy this again, but it gives me that nice little "spa treatment" feeling.
Jehnny P.
Burleson, TX
I have this product but the truth is... I love it! Also I don't think is a pricey product, pair perfectly with clay mask. Help considerably in hydrating the dry skin. Its a gentle spray on the face with a nice smell. Personal experience Origins nailed it.
Ashlyn B.
Tuscaloosa, AL
Love this product. With combination skin, some days this primer is a little too heavy, but most days it is not! Not the most affordable, but it is good to treat your self every once in a while! Would recommend
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester, NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.