BY ORIGINS #85 in Serums

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little ske...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a fac...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen...Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Cilver C.
Cilver C.
Parker, CO
I'm giving this product 2 stars simply because I don't really see a difference in masking with/without the primer. I was actually using it for more of a spray toner because I just felt like it wasn't doing anything different than me washing/toning myself. It adds a nice bit of hydration, but the mister is really spurty and I really just don't understand how/why this product works.
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.
Omaha
This mask primer was amazing!! I received a sample size from Sephora, the sample size lasted me 5 uses. I was so fascinated by how well this produced worked with me that I purchased the full size. This mask has a nozzle that evenly sprays the product onto your face. The primer has a cooling effect on the skin that leaves skin feeling fresh and hydrated for any mask.
Mary L.
Mary L.
When I was told I needed to prime before I apply my masks I didn't believe it but after trying this priming mask I will never go back. Something I've noticed about using peel off masks is that my skin either feels wet or super dry after I use them. With this primer my skin feels smooth with no dryness! The only downside is that it's a little pricey. Worth it!
Marishya R.
Marishya R.
San Diego, ca
I thought this stuff was a pretty interesting concept. I think it did what it said it would do, by helping to prep my skin for masks. It felt refreshing on my skin and I didn't experience any irritation or anything. However, I didn't really notice any difference between the results I got with masks if I had used this product beforehand or not so I don't really think it was anything necessary to have, but nice if you do.
Kelsey Z.
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
I received a sample of this in my Play by Sephora box, and I didn't really see the use of it. You're supposed to spray this on your face before applying a mask to optimize the mask's benefits. It felt good spritzing it on my face, but I didn't notice any difference in my mask or how my skin looked after. I wouldn't spend the money to purchase this product.
annemarie p.
annemarie p.
Northampton, PA
I use this Maskimizer all day as a makeup refresher & before any skin products. It's a nice, light essence that doesn't break me out nor inflame my skin in any way. Origins always seems to come through with their products for me, I hope you'll try them too!
Harley B.
Harley B.
Lewisville, TX
This product was a sample in one of my play! By Sephora boxes. I only used it a couple times but I truly feel like it didn't make a difference when applying my masks. Maybe if I used masks more frequently I would be able to tell if it made a difference, but if you don't use masks all the time, I would save your money!
Lynnzy B.
Lynnzy B.
Gimmick? This is what I thought too before I tried this out from a sephora play box. I admit I was so totally wrong. This is wonderful to spray on your face before a moisturizer (the green origins mask I wear overnight). Moisturizer goes on so much more smoothly, and I feel it absorbs best when I spray this on first.
Gabby M.
Gabby M.
San Antonio, TX
Ok so to start things off I considered this a gimmick. Like why would someone prep their face to apply a mask? Well if you've ever read the mask applications they say to wet your face. Only this product has special magic that boosts the effects of the mask. I do notice a slight difference but either way I like it.
Saachi J.
Saachi J.
I got this in a Origins set as a Sephora point perk, and while I liked all the other products a lot, I hate this one. This product does absolutely nothing. It's extremely gimmicky and pointless. On top of that, the spray is AWFUL. It squirts so much on your face, no matter how far away I hold it. I end up just spraying some onto my hands and patting it onto skin. But I really don't notice any difference in how my face masks apply and work.
Katrina S.
Rochester, NY
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.