Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz uploaded by Alyssa B.Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz uploaded by karina u.Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz uploaded by Christine S.See all 21 photos

BY ORIGINS #79 in Serums

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mas...I honestly saw no difference i... 2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually h...I honestly saw no difference u... 2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-m...Be the first to answer!
Photos (21)
Buy on Sephora
Mary L.
Mary L.
Centreville, VA
When I was told I needed to prime before I apply my masks I didn't believe it but after trying this priming mask I will never go back. Something I've noticed about using peel off masks is that my skin either feels wet or super dry after I use them. With this primer my skin feels smooth with no dryness! The only downside is that it's a little pricey. Worth it!
Kelsey Z.
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
I received a sample of this in my Play by Sephora box, and I didn't really see the use of it. You're supposed to spray this on your face before applying a mask to optimize the mask's benefits. It felt good spritzing it on my face, but I didn't notice any difference in my mask or how my skin looked after. I wouldn't spend the money to purchase this product.
annemarie p.
annemarie p.
Northampton, PA
I use this Maskimizer all day as a makeup refresher & before any skin products. It's a nice, light essence that doesn't break me out nor inflame my skin in any way. Origins always seems to come through with their products for me, I hope you'll try them too!
Harley B.
Harley B.
Pottsboro, TX
This product was a sample in one of my play! By Sephora boxes. I only used it a couple times but I truly feel like it didn't make a difference when applying my masks. Maybe if I used masks more frequently I would be able to tell if it made a difference, but if you don't use masks all the time, I would save your money!
Lynnzy B.
Lynnzy B.
Gimmick? This is what I thought too before I tried this out from a sephora play box. I admit I was so totally wrong. This is wonderful to spray on your face before a moisturizer (the green origins mask I wear overnight). Moisturizer goes on so much more smoothly, and I feel it absorbs best when I spray this on first.
Gabby M.
Gabby M.
San Antonio, TX
Ok so to start things off I considered this a gimmick. Like why would someone prep their face to apply a mask? Well if you've ever read the mask applications they say to wet your face. Only this product has special magic that boosts the effects of the mask. I do notice a slight difference but either way I like it.
Saachi J.
Saachi J.
I got this in a Origins set as a Sephora point perk, and while I liked all the other products a lot, I hate this one. This product does absolutely nothing. It's extremely gimmicky and pointless. On top of that, the spray is AWFUL. It squirts so much on your face, no matter how far away I hold it. I end up just spraying some onto my hands and patting it onto skin. But I really don't notice any difference in how my face masks apply and work.
Monique M.
Monique M.
Toms River, NJ
Received in a Sephora play box. I just don't see the point of this product. Prior to masking, I use a hot washcloth or steam bath to open the pores and prep for the mask. This product seems counterintuitive in my humble opinion. Pricey and unnecessary. Sorry Origins, love your other products tho.
Shaylee H.
Shaylee H.
Ambridge, PA
This spray feels refreshing, but I don't feel like it primes for a mask in any way. I have used Origins masks with and without this primer and truly did not see a difference. I would not purchase this again.
Heidi S.
Heidi S.
Newllano, LA
I received a sample of this with an online order. I used it with the Origins Drink Up Overnight mask. I sprayed Maskimizer on then applied the mask. The next morning my skin felt refreshed and plumped. I've used the mask without the spray since and it seems that the spray actually did enhance the mask.  Would purchase a full size soon.
Katrina S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Dallas, TX
Does this honestly do anything it claims when it comes to boosting the effects of your face masks?