BY ORIGINS #79 in Serums

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little ske...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a fac...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen...Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Kylie M.
Kylie M.
Russell Springs
Amazing and clean,it smells good and makes your skin feel breathable again.
Barby V.
Barby V.
Herndon, VA
I feel like this product is slightly on the oily side, not a big fan of it.
Christine S.
Christine S.
Indian Trail, NC
A mask primer??? I was seriously skeptical at first, but one thing is for sure after you wash your face, your pores snap shut to try and lock in as much moisture as possible.. so if you're doing a mask to help clear pores, then you're going to want your pores open while you apply your mask so it works better and that's one of the things this product does. Another thing is it also helps with the spreadability of your mask (especially clay masks!) so you end up using less, getting more even coverage and not having to rub so hard to remove your mask.. speaking of which!... all those peel off masks that hurt like crazy to remove, this mask primer actually helps them to come off smoother and with less pain while keeping the peel off mask effective. Totally worth the buy.
Megan Z.
Megan Z.
Denton, TX
Most people do not get the true importance and use of this product before face masks. I didn't until I consulted origins and they explained it to me really well! It acts as a soothing and moisturizing barrier before applying a face mask that detoxifies and exfoliates so you get the optimal results without drying your skin out in the detox process! It's truly a product one of its kind and I'm impressed so far! Just spray in a T and V motion over you face before applying a face mask!
Mary T.
Mary T.
I bought this at sephora. It is not my favorite product. It was supposed to prep skin for the mask I was going to use. I'm not really sure what this product is supposed to do but I felt like it was acting as a barrier of the mask I applied. I didn't notice the face mask spread easier or wipe off easier. I did like the fact it was a spray bottle. The packaging is pretty. Smell was not noticed. I do like the fact it did not have any paraben or sulfate ingredients. In terms of face mask primer, did not know I even needed one and I think some people may notice a difference in their face mask application, I didn't.
Kaylynn C.
Kaylynn C.
Los Angeles, CA
Honestly this product was a bit of a disappointment. I was skeptical when I first read about it, and unfortunately after using it I must say that I think it is a gimmicky product. I didn't notice any sort of difference in the way that my masks felt when I primed my skin with this mist. It honestly felt comparable to spraying my face with my Mario Badescu rosewater spray prior to putting on a face mask. It may add a little extra moisture, but for the price point I think your money is better spent on a different product.
Gaby L.
Gaby L.
Pittsburg, CA
At first I was super skeptical about this because I didn't think you would need a primer before putting on a mask. But my friend let me try it and I actually really enjoyed it. I didn't notice a huge difference after priming my face with this product but it did leave my skin softer than when I would put a moisturizer on after my mask. I like it but I don't absolutely need it. Definitely nice to try out though!
Hillary Y.
Hillary Y.
EVERYONE NEEDS THIS. I use a bunch of Origins masks (Original Skin, Charcoal, the green bottle whose name is escaping me right now..) and the Maskimizer noticeable makes the mask work harder. For example, the Original Skin mask helps "reset" my face (get rid of dead skin, bumps, any dryness + oil). I always thought it worked well, but when I combined it with the maskimizer, my face was smooth and bright like after a facial. Incredible!!
Cilver C.
Cilver C.
Traverse City, MI
I'm giving this product 2 stars simply because I don't really see a difference in masking with/without the primer. I was actually using it for more of a spray toner because I just felt like it wasn't doing anything different than me washing/toning myself. It adds a nice bit of hydration, but the mister is really spurty and I really just don't understand how/why this product works.
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.
Omaha
This mask primer was amazing!! I received a sample size from Sephora, the sample size lasted me 5 uses. I was so fascinated by how well this produced worked with me that I purchased the full size. This mask has a nozzle that evenly sprays the product onto your face. The primer has a cooling effect on the skin that leaves skin feeling fresh and hydrated for any mask.
Katrina S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Dallas, TX
Does this honestly do anything it claims when it comes to boosting the effects of your face masks?