BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
karina u.
Lakewood, NJ
I mostly use this in the morning after i was my face, it perks ya up. Ive also used this before my masks and I must admit it does make my face feel refreshed before my masks, but other than that I dont really see a difference. Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz
Marishya R.
San diego, CA
I thought this stuff was a pretty interesting concept. I think it did what it said it would do, by helping to prep my skin for masks. It felt refreshing on my skin and I didn't experience any irritation or anything. However, I didn't really notice any difference between the results I got with masks if I had used this product beforehand or not so I don't really think it was anything necessary to have, but nice if you do.
Mary L.
Chicago , IL
When I was told I needed to prime before I apply my masks I didn't believe it but after trying this priming mask I will never go back. Something I've noticed about using peel off masks is that my skin either feels wet or super dry after I use them. With this primer my skin feels smooth with no dryness! The only downside is that it's a little pricey. Worth it!
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
I received a sample of this in my Play by Sephora box, and I didn't really see the use of it. You're supposed to spray this on your face before applying a mask to optimize the mask's benefits. It felt good spritzing it on my face, but I didn't notice any difference in my mask or how my skin looked after. I wouldn't spend the money to purchase this product.
Brooke H.
I loved it! I very much could see a noticeable difference in my skin after using this product for a couple weeks. It was pretty much what I expected. It's not something that makes a difference in 2 days, give it time. I would defiantly repurchase!
annemarie p.
Northampton, PA
I use this Maskimizer all day as a makeup refresher & before any skin products. It's a nice, light essence that doesn't break me out nor inflame my skin in any way. Origins always seems to come through with their products for me, I hope you'll try them too!
Andrea B.
Thomasville, AL
The Skin Optimizing Mask Primer is a priming mist with Marine Algae Complex that helps to hydrate, soften, and optimize your skin's condition so that it is ready for your mask. This skin primer get your skin primed with just a quick spritz. You have to hold the bottle about 10" to 12" from your face. Once you have done that, then you will have to pat your face lightly. And then you apply your favorite mask. I think this work well with clay masks. You are able to use less product when it comes to using a clay mask. I know before I had to use more because it would dry fast and you would have to apply more. I don't have to worry about that with. And after you finish applying the clay mask, it will dry with no problems. It will not hurt the process of your clay mask when it is doing it job on your face. I think it helps the clay mask work more. I like using this a lot. Some people might ask, can water do the same instead of paying money to buy this. No it isn't the same. This isn't just water. There are other ingredients that is used in this to help to do what it is suppose to do. You notice we almost need a primer for almost everything we use when it comes to makeup, but it is worth it when you want your makeup to last and for it to look good.
Lynnzy B.
Gimmick? This is what I thought too before I tried this out from a sephora play box. I admit I was so totally wrong. This is wonderful to spray on your face before a moisturizer (the green origins mask I wear overnight). Moisturizer goes on so much more smoothly, and I feel it absorbs best when I spray this on first.
Harley B.
Lewisville, TX
This product was a sample in one of my play! By Sephora boxes. I only used it a couple times but I truly feel like it didn't make a difference when applying my masks. Maybe if I used masks more frequently I would be able to tell if it made a difference, but if you don't use masks all the time, I would save your money!
Gabby M.
San Antonio, TX
Ok so to start things off I considered this a gimmick. Like why would someone prep their face to apply a mask? Well if you've ever read the mask applications they say to wet your face. Only this product has special magic that boosts the effects of the mask. I do notice a slight difference but either way I like it.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester, NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.