BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Salina S.
I give this product three because it doesn’t give me negative results, but I don’t notice a significant difference when I do use it. I received this as a deluxe sized sample, I would not purchase the full size product.
Katie L.
Bronx
Amazing product and must have for deeper impact of your weekly mask ritual. This spray helps your skin prepare for the deep cleaning impact of the mask and lasting impacts. I use this every time I mask. It's amazing.
Christine S.
Indian Trail , NC
A mask primer??? I was seriously skeptical at first, but one thing is for sure after you wash your face, your pores snap shut to try and lock in as much moisture as possible.. so if you're doing a mask to help clear pores, then you're going to want your pores open while you apply your mask so it works better and that's one of the things this product does. Another thing is it also helps with the spreadability of your mask (especially clay masks!) so you end up using less, getting more even coverage and not having to rub so hard to remove your mask.. speaking of which!... all those peel off masks that hurt like crazy to remove, this mask primer actually helps them to come off smoother and with less pain while keeping the peel off mask effective. Totally worth the buy.
Megan Z.
Denton, TX
Most people do not get the true importance and use of this product before face masks. I didn't until I consulted origins and they explained it to me really well! It acts as a soothing and moisturizing barrier before applying a face mask that detoxifies and exfoliates so you get the optimal results without drying your skin out in the detox process! It's truly a product one of its kind and I'm impressed so far! Just spray in a T and V motion over you face before applying a face mask!
Melissa H.
Sunnyvale, CA
I really love this mask primer - I'll be totally honest and say I am not sure if it really makes my masks all that more effective, but I do think it refreshes my skin and keeps it from drying out. I use this before pretty much all of my masks as a refresh and I think it is really nice especially before a mud/clay mask because it helps to bring in a bit of extra moisture when I typically find mud/clay masks to be super drying on my skin. I don't know if I will repurchase - because I think something like the smashbox photo finish primer water would be kinda similar (and has a better spray nozzle) - but I do think it's nice.
Mary T.
I bought this at sephora. It is not my favorite product. It was supposed to prep skin for the mask I was going to use. I'm not really sure what this product is supposed to do but I felt like it was acting as a barrier of the mask I applied. I didn't notice the face mask spread easier or wipe off easier. I did like the fact it was a spray bottle. The packaging is pretty. Smell was not noticed. I do like the fact it did not have any paraben or sulfate ingredients. In terms of face mask primer, did not know I even needed one and I think some people may notice a difference in their face mask application, I didn't.
Kaylynn C.
Beverly Hills, CA
Honestly this product was a bit of a disappointment. I was skeptical when I first read about it, and unfortunately after using it I must say that I think it is a gimmicky product. I didn't notice any sort of difference in the way that my masks felt when I primed my skin with this mist. It honestly felt comparable to spraying my face with my Mario Badescu rosewater spray prior to putting on a face mask. It may add a little extra moisture, but for the price point I think your money is better spent on a different product.
Aixa C.
Although its presentation is a little intimidating do not forget to prove it is a product that to the end moisturizes a lot for dry skin would be the maximum.
Contains some agents that leaves your skin soft, moisturized and beautiful. Your skin improves considerably
Kate K.
I love this mask primer! We prime for everything else so why not masks?! This primer softens my skin and hydrates all on its own! Really easy to apply with the spray bottle. Just mist your face before any mask to create a perfect base! I don't do masks without this primer :)
Vivien Y.
This product doesn't really do anything, it is essentially a spray toner. I'm giving it three stars because I don't feel it is worth it for the price. Even the salesperson at Sephora told me it doesn't really do much. I've been using this as a spray toner and ocassionally with my masks (When I remember)
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Kayla B.
Mary S.
Rochester, NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.