BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Amy F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am not 100% sure that I better results with my masks after using this but I feel like it does make a difference. It tends to soften the skin and prep it for a mask. I usually apply 4-5 spritzs and then gently pat before applying my mask.
Malea B.
Charleston, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a good primer, but it's a bit in the pricey side in my own opinion. It works well though so I think it's worth it. I have to order it online though because none of the stores around me keep it in stock so that's a bummer.
Kelly B.
East Brunswick
Beauty Junkie Expert
I did not like this product because it felt too useless to be worth the cost. I didn't see any redeeming qualities in this product because masks felt the same without the primer product. I could not justify purchasing this item again, and I still do not believe that masks need any primer.
Monique M.
Toms River, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Received in a Sephora play box. I just don't see the point of this product. Prior to masking, I use a hot washcloth or steam bath to open the pores and prep for the mask. This product seems counterintuitive in my humble opinion. Pricey and unnecessary. Sorry Origins, love your other products tho.
Shaylee H.
Pittsburgh, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This spray feels refreshing, but I don't feel like it primes for a mask in any way. I have used Origins masks with and without this primer and truly did not see a difference. I would not purchase this again.
Heidi S.
Newllano, LA
I received a sample of this with an online order. I used it with the Origins Drink Up Overnight mask. I sprayed Maskimizer on then applied the mask. The next morning my skin felt refreshed and plumped. I've used the mask without the spray since and it seems that the spray actually did enhance the mask.  Would purchase a full size soon.
Sylvia N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a pre-mask primer that is supposed to help the effectiveness of your masks. Meh. It is an unnecessary, forgettable step. You're better off using a toner, because at least then you know your product has a real purpose.

Would not recommend anyone spending money on this.
Mack H.
I absolutely love this product! it is so refreshing and it makes my skin so soft. This product is a great value for the amount of money spent. The packaging is very nice as well. All of my expectations for this product were met and beyond. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone!
Tanaya P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this as sample. I don't think it does anything and doesn't need to be in my skincare routine. It does not cause any problem to my skin so that's not too bad however I would not go out to buy this.
Alyssa B.
Eaton Rapids, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
It works great! You feel it stick to your skin instantly. But do you really need a mask primer? I feel like it's just adding more stuff to your skin that you really don't need! I honestly don't use this anymore because I just feel that my masks work the same without it!
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Kayla B.
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.