Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

Buy on Sephora
Christine S.
Indian Trail, NC
A mask primer??? I was seriously skeptical at first, but one thing is for sure after you wash your face, your pores snap shut to try and lock in as much moisture as possible.. so if you're doing a mask to help clear pores, then you're going to want your pores open while you apply your mask so it works better and that's one of the things this product does. Another thing is it also helps with the spreadability of your mask (especially clay masks!) so you end up using less, getting more even coverage and not having to rub so hard to remove your mask.. speaking of which!... all those peel off masks that hurt like crazy to remove, this mask primer actually helps them to come off smoother and with less pain while keeping the peel off mask effective. Totally worth the buy.
Lily M.
This primer was very helpful and one of the best primers I’ve used it was better than I was expecting, I bought it at a local drugstore and it was pretty packaging and I would buy this again and I would recommend
Peyton H.
Hartselle, AL
I always use a toner before applying a mask. This "maskimizer" is just a spray toner, but it is a great idea for people who mask often, especially if you want your regular toner to last longer. I thought this toner worked perfectly well: it felt nice, dried quickly and helped prepare my skin for masking. And masks do work better if you tone first than if you just throw them on immediately after washing your face. I think I get better results with my regular toner (fresh black tea), so I probably wouldn't purchase this for myself. But paired with a mask, it makes a great gift! This product does exactly what it promises, so it's a great option for anyone who masks regularly, especially if you're not already committed to a different toner for masking.
Megan Z.
Denton, TX
Most people do not get the true importance and use of this product before face masks. I didn't until I consulted origins and they explained it to me really well! It acts as a soothing and moisturizing barrier before applying a face mask that detoxifies and exfoliates so you get the optimal results without drying your skin out in the detox process! It's truly a product one of its kind and I'm impressed so far! Just spray in a T and V motion over you face before applying a face mask!
Lily B.
I guess this product is okay. The spray is pretty wide and I didn’t notice that it made much of difference. I just felt uncomfortable putting more unnecessary chemicals on my face.
Melissa H.
Sunnyvale, CA
I really love this mask primer - I'll be totally honest and say I am not sure if it really makes my masks all that more effective, but I do think it refreshes my skin and keeps it from drying out. I use this before pretty much all of my masks as a refresh and I think it is really nice especially before a mud/clay mask because it helps to bring in a bit of extra moisture when I typically find mud/clay masks to be super drying on my skin. I don't know if I will repurchase - because I think something like the smashbox photo finish primer water would be kinda similar (and has a better spray nozzle) - but I do think it's nice.
Mary T.
I bought this at sephora. It is not my favorite product. It was supposed to prep skin for the mask I was going to use. I'm not really sure what this product is supposed to do but I felt like it was acting as a barrier of the mask I applied. I didn't notice the face mask spread easier or wipe off easier. I did like the fact it was a spray bottle. The packaging is pretty. Smell was not noticed. I do like the fact it did not have any paraben or sulfate ingredients. In terms of face mask primer, did not know I even needed one and I think some people may notice a difference in their face mask application, I didn't.
Kaylynn C.
W Hollywood, CA
Honestly this product was a bit of a disappointment. I was skeptical when I first read about it, and unfortunately after using it I must say that I think it is a gimmicky product. I didn't notice any sort of difference in the way that my masks felt when I primed my skin with this mist. It honestly felt comparable to spraying my face with my Mario Badescu rosewater spray prior to putting on a face mask. It may add a little extra moisture, but for the price point I think your money is better spent on a different product.
Alicia S.
Again, Origins delivers. It's masking primer prepares the face before a mask. I love it. It adds an extra boost to any mask, and recently I used it before a collagen-based face mask. Beautiful reaults. Big fan of Origins, which is a newer product for me. I would try ANYTHING from this line. I also think it works beautifully for over 40 skin needs.
Kate K.
I love this mask primer! We prime for everything else so why not masks?! This primer softens my skin and hydrates all on its own! Really easy to apply with the spray bottle. Just mist your face before any mask to create a perfect base! I don't do masks without this primer :)
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.