Add a Photo

#43 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (15)
Cilver C.
Cilver C.
Traverse City, MI

I'm giving this product 2 stars simply because I don't really see a difference in masking with/without the primer. I was actually using it for more of a spray toner because I just felt like it wasn't doing anything different than me washing/toning myself. It adds a nice bit of hydration, but the mister is really spurty and I really just don't understand how/why this product works.
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Sacramento, CA

I love Origins' masks so I figured I would try the mask primer they came up with since it's a brand new idea in the skincare world. Unfortunately, it was not love. It did make my skin softer and possibly retain moisture better but I don't feel it really enhanced my masks at all. I will say that this gave me the idea to put a gel mask under my clay masks and it works marvelously.
Monique G.
Monique G.
Dsrt Hot Spgs, CA

I nlofe anything to do masks so the first i saw this was the first time that i even knew this exsisted i fell in love with it because i always had had problems applying my f a ce mask especially the freemans charcoal mask and also the peel away mask by free man i was never able to peel it off to smothly untill i seen thhis and used it i recommend any one with my problem buy it

(BM-136159) a.
(BM-136159) a.
DORAL, FL

I love this suf I use daily , since I see you first because I loved my face clean and Disappears these imperfections so ugly in my face, This product really makes the mask stick on and absorb into the skin. Makes the skin so soft! . Sé que este producto es un poco artificioso , Works great to prep your face for any of their masks - allows to work better and very refreshing
Emily D.
Emily D.
South Hutchinson, KS

This is a skin prepping spray to use before using masks. It was super easy to apply since it is in spray format compared to having to rub like a cream. Just a couple spritz and your good to go. I can say it was quite refreshing! It does have good beneficial ingredients so none-the-less it IS benefiting your skin though it's hard to say if in relation with applying masks.
Monica G.
Monica G.

In all honesty I was pretty skeptical about this product. It says its supposed to help masks spread more evenly, and it definitely does that, but I'm not sure it's enough to sell me on it. My face felt nicely hydrated after the mask, however I find it difficult to justify the price tag and think its a bit of a gimmicky product. Feels nice, but ultimately not worth it.
Julia Y.
Julia Y.
Riverside, CA

I bought this product because of a YouTuber's recommendation. This product claimed to maximize the effect of our masks, but I do not find any difference with or without it. I've tried using it other ways too but I cannot find a use of this product. Overall I do not recommend this product because the effect is very minimal to nothing and it can cause breakouts.
Mary L.
Mary L.
Centreville, VA

When I was told I needed to prime before I apply my masks I didn't believe it but after trying this priming mask I will never go back. Something I've noticed about using peel off masks is that my skin either feels wet or super dry after I use them. With this primer my skin feels smooth with no dryness! The only downside is that it's a little pricey. Worth it!
Nikoline H.
Nikoline H.
Livermore, CA

I am pleasantly surprised that this works so well. It leaves my face feeling soft before I apply my mask and my mask goes on so much smoothr. I've tried it with different brands of masks and I get the same result. My face feels just as soft when I wash the mask off. I just wish it came with a little more product for the price but I would still repurchase.
Kelsey Z.
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH

I received a sample of this in my Play by Sephora box, and I didn't really see the use of it. You're supposed to spray this on your face before applying a mask to optimize the mask's benefits. It felt good spritzing it on my face, but I didn't notice any difference in my mask or how my skin looked after. I wouldn't spend the money to purchase this product.
Katrina S.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL

Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY

Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Kayla B.

Mary S.
Mary S.
Rochester, NY

Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.

Join Now