Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#54 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (20)
Brigée M.
Brigée M.
Saint Bernard, LA
I received a small sample of this product from my Play! by Sephora subscription box. I was able to get two uses out of it, so I couldn't really make a decision on whether I liked it or not. I noticed it made my skin a bit more glowy, which I am a fan of. If you like masks I think this would be a nice product to add to your weekly mask routine.
Jordyn C.
Jordyn C.
Tucson, AZ

I honestly have to say I can't put a mask on without it lol. I can definitely tell that my masks go on smoothr and they feel like they work better! Not to mention I don't have to rub my face raw to get drying masks off anymore. If you don't believe in this product just look at the ingredients they almost all benefit the skin in some way!!
Anthea S.
Anthea S.
Rcho Sta Marg, CA
I was excited to try this since I'm a devoted user of face masks in general,
but I honestly couldn't see any benefit to using this. I tried it under several different masks, but I don't think it made a difference to the masks' performance. Using water is just as effective. I gave it two stars because it didn't negatively affect my skin.
Kim S.
Kim S.
Orlando, FL
I use this before both mud/charcoal masks as well as before sheet masks. It has a lovely minty scent and feels very refreshing. Once you pay it into the skin you are prepped and ready for your mask. I definitely feel like it improves the benefits you see from your masks, allowing them to more deeply cleanse and moisturize your skin.
Danielle Z.
Danielle Z.
I really love origins products. While this a little pricey in my opinion, I always love to splurge on skincare because it's so important. I do like this product, but I am unsure if I will purchase this again because I didn't see a huge change, and would rather spend my money on another product that could make a bigger difference.
Maria G.
Maria G.
California City, CA
Nov. 13, 2016, 4:28 p.m.
Review for: Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz
Its sooo good... this help so much for your face.. I recommend it to you, Take masking to the max! Priming mist with Marine Algae Complex helps hydrate, soften and optimize skin's condition so it's fully prepped to enhance your mask experience. Just a quick spritz gets skin primed. Ready to reach its most flawless potential.
Sami W.
Sami W.
Cranberry Twp, PA
Nov. 11, 2016, 8:11 p.m.
Review for: Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz
I didn't realize that there is literally a primer for everything! It's very nice packaging for easy access of application. I'm an avid Origins user. It's very helpful to easy mask application and you don't need to use as much and it makes it so much easier and less of a mess to take off. I definitely recommend this product.
Emily  S.
Emily S.
Sammamish, WA
Oct. 30, 2016, 6:07 p.m.
Review for: Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz
Great Product! have been using this for about 3-4 months now and I really do see changes and progress in my skin! My face has become more smooth and soft and I haven;t been breaking out as much as before. This product is quite pricey for just that little product but, i would recommend this to my friends and family members.
Nicole L.
Nicole L.
Marlborough, MA
I'm currently testing this since I received it in my monthly Sephora play box. I've used it with two different masks, a charcoal and a hydrating one. I haven't noticed much of a difference in results or my skin after using this prior to applying masks. I will finish my sample size but don't think it will be a repurchase.
Sammi W.
Sammi W.
Aylett, VA
At first glance I wasn't sure about this product. I never thought I needed a facial mask primer. I just always put the mask on without it. But now that I have it and have tried it. I can't go without it. It helps the mask clean all your pores, it's like the glue that holds the mask in places and cleans out your pores.
Katrina S.
Kayla B.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Clancy M.
Clancy M.
Campbellsvlle, KY
Does this primer work even for masks that are meant to soak up oil and dry out acne?