Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#17 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (10)
chaya b.
chaya b.

I am an avid facial mask user, and was very excited when I received a sample of this in my Sephora Play! box. Unfortunately, I noticed no difference when using this product. Although it lists lots of "good" ingredients, I'm not seeing the results it claims to provide. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing a full-size of this product. However, I did like the sample of the moisturizing mask that came with it!
Emily W.
Emily W.

This is a handy little spray, which I find myself grabbing before every fast mask I apply. I feel that this really does make a difference when used in conjunction with face masks. The only negative point I could put with this product is the how much it hurts if in the eye. I usually keep my eyes closed whilst applying but I feel like have to sit there until this is completely dry before opening my eyes at all.
Lily Z.
Lily Z.
Alhambra, CA

I used this mask before I put on my Origins charcoal mask, and I can tell that this made the charcoal mask more effective. It drew out more sebum and whiteheads than usual and it left my skin feeling very firm and soft. I highly recommend this product! I got my cousin into using it and she has very sensitive skin, so most products don't work for her. BUT, she ended up loving this and got a bottle for herself!
Connor C.
Connor C.
Baltimore, MD

This is the first mask primer of its kind! The best part of it all is that you can really feel your pores open up and accept the primer! Once your pores open up jjst throw on your mask and relax! I use the Charcoal mask and Rose Clay masks from Origins and they wipe right off after their time is up! Bonus tip: spray a little primer on before putting your lotion on during days you're feeling super dry!
Joselin V.
Joselin V.

This is supposed to be used in conjunction with face masks (you spray a little of this all over your face prior to applying a mask) to optimize the effectiveness of the mask. I definitely think this is worth the money, because I had no issues applying the charcoal mask after using this spray. Plus, the spray is so fine it really feels like a mist and is super refreshing on the skin, very hydrating.
Emily M.
Emily M.
Prophetstown, IL

I tried a sample of this when I purchased some Origins masks. It has a nice refreshing feeling and a light sea salt kind of scent. I think I would repurchase it, though I love doing masks frequently. I'm not sure it's necessary, but it feels so nice on the skin it's kind of an aromatherapeutic step more than anything. It does soften and prep the skin well, so I may even splash it on before serum.
Brooke A.
Brooke A.
South Jordan, UT

I tried this with a variety of masks and only noticed a difference with overnight masks. For example, if I used it with a hydrating overnight mask, the mask would hydrate my skin more than it usually does. My guess is that, like with face primers, the glycerin it it helped the mask apply more evenly and stick to my skin better. I don't think it makes enough of a difference to be worth the money.
Linds A.
Linds A.
Denver, CO

I got it just to try it because I've never heard of a mask primer, so why the heck not. I had read other reviews before buying it from sephora and I took their same approach. I use it as a skin care regimen primer, before I do the whole 10 step Korean regimen. I don't have very problematic skin and don't notice a difference. I wouldn't re purchase just because I don't need it, but it is nice.
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.
Harlingen, TX

Keeps my skin hydrated and beautiful! A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and visibility of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels.
Margherita M.
Margherita M.
SIENA, Italy

This product is supposed to be sprayed on your face before putting your mask on, but I find it difficult to spray it evenly on my face.. I noticed that it helped me with spreading the mask on my face and my skin seemed smoothr as soon as I removed the mask, but I'm not sure it's worth the 20+$... If you're looking for a cheaper alternative just wash and steam your face before the mask..
Katrina S.

Rochester, NY

Clancy M.
Clancy M.
Whycocomagh, NS

Does this primer work even for masks that are meant to soak up oil and dry out acne?
Tatiana M.
Tatiana M.
New Windsor, NY

I've been curious about this product. Does anyone truly see a difference? I am a sucker for a good mask and would love to get 100% from the products! Thanks in advanced!
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.

Join Now