Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#17 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (10)
Rochester, NY

I love this suff I use it with there activated charcoal mask and it you should see all clean my clear my face is. My pores are smaller and I no longer get black heads since I started using this with my mask 4 times a week. I've also seen that I've a big reduction in white heads and I no longer break out during my monthly cycle. Lol The best part is the additional product didn't break me out and I have really sensitive skin. πŸ’™πŸ˜„βœŒοΈ
Kira D.
Kira D.
Millersville, MD

I love this product. Any skin maximizer to prep your skin for a mask is always a wise choice. This one is convenient in a spray bottle, is from a brand I trust, and smells nice. It seems to actually work, too, compared to not using using any skin prep before a mask. I use this before applying my settings as well, until I get a skin prep for that.

Add it to your routine! It's affordable too, a great thing about this company.
Shelby K.
Shelby K.
Sewickley, PA

This product is an absolute necessity for your next self-care, spa day. The mist is refreshing and light and left my skin feeling incredibly soft. It's the perfect primer for face masks--ensuring that the mask applies smoothly and evenly and is able to meet all of your expectations.
I've used it to prep my skin before applying foundations and cc creams, and noticed a huge difference in the effectiveness of the application.
Heather M.
Heather M.
Starkville, MS

I received this mask in a sample form and was able to get 3 application out of the small vial. I did not like this primer with the charcoal mask as it made it difficult to apply the mask and caused it to apply in a patchy manner. I didn't mind it with the overnight mask, however. I'm not sure how much this really did for my skin and I don't think I would spend money to purchase this. I feel like it is a bit of a gimmick.
Mary H.
Mary H.
Milan, MN

OMG! This product is absolutely life changing if you use masks. The price is amazing and it is absolutely worth it. The easy to use spritz bottle is nice, and it is such a great value! I feel if this product was it a dump and pour you would be wasting so much! I would absolutely be repurchasing this product! It makes any mask that you use work 20 times harder and it is so worth it!!! Run, don't walk to get this product!!
Kali H.
Kali H.
Hamburg, NY

I've recently gotten into skincare, and I've been trying to test out as many masks as possible. The difference between using Maskimizer vs. not is HUGE. It perfectly preps your skin to allow the mask to work exactly as it should. It is very easy to apply (a little goes a long way) and it barely has a scent. I also noticed it makes the process of putting on/taking off masks much easier. Definitely worth the investment!
Sara H.
Sara H.

I'm only giving this product 2/5 stars because I did not really see any difference in my mask. I used the primer with other origins masks and they did great, but not necessarily any better than they would have without the primer. However, I love the concept and maybe if I used it for a prolonged amount of time I would be able to tell a difference if it was with another mask that I had used a lot without the primer.
Laura T.
Laura T.

I was super excited to try this mask primer, as I am an absolutely face mask lover. However, I was a little let down with this one. The spray is very narrow and direct, when you spray it hits directly in one spot, rather than your whole face. I also found that it left my skin feeling tingly and uncomfortable. I didn't notice any improvement in the face masks I used after I tried this. Probably won't repurchase it.
Kayla J.
Kayla J.
Poplarville, MS

Ehhhhh I'm not really sure if this is worth the money or not. I've used it a handful of times (when I actually remember to use it) and I didn't really see how it made a difference. The mask worked the same way it would have without a primer. It literally felt like I was just spritzing my face with water. I will use what I have but I don't know that I would buy again. Maybe after using it more I'll change my mind.
Shante A.
Shante A.
Los Angeles, CA

I received a sample of this along with an overnight mask in a Sephora play box. At first I was interested, but then I realized this step is just so extra and often times found myself forgetting to use it. This product has no smell, is not irritating to the eyes, it's not sticky. It feels and looks exactly like spraying water on your face. I would not repurchase. I did like the overnight mask it came with though.
Katrina S.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL

Rochester, NY

Clancy M.
Clancy M.
Whycocomagh, NS

Does this primer work even for masks that are meant to soak up oil and dry out acne?
Tatiana M.
Tatiana M.
New Windsor, NY

I've been curious about this product. Does anyone truly see a difference? I am a sucker for a good mask and would love to get 100% from the products! Thanks in advanced!
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.

Join Now