Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#43 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (18)
Emily M.
Emily M.
Prophetstown , Il

I tried a sample of this when I purchased some Origins masks. It has a nice refreshing feeling and a light sea salt kind of scent. I think I would repurchase it, though I love doing masks frequently. I'm not sure it's necessary, but it feels so nice on the skin it's kind of an aromatherapeutic step more than anything. It does soften and prep the skin well, so I may even splash it on before serum.
Mack H.
Mack H.

I absolutely love this product! it is so refreshing and it makes my skin so soft. This product is a great value for the amount of money spent. The packaging is very nice as well. All of my expectations for this product were met and beyond. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone!
Brooke A.
Brooke A.
South Jordan, UT

I tried this with a variety of masks and only noticed a difference with overnight masks. For example, if I used it with a hydrating overnight mask, the mask would hydrate my skin more than it usually does. My guess is that, like with face primers, the glycerin it it helped the mask apply more evenly and stick to my skin better. I don't think it makes enough of a difference to be worth the money.
Linds A.
Linds A.
Denver, Co

I got it just to try it because I've never heard of a mask primer, so why the heck not. I had read other reviews before buying it from sephora and I took their same approach. I use it as a skin care regimen primer, before I do the whole 10 step Korean regimen. I don't have very problematic skin and don't notice a difference. I wouldn't re purchase just because I don't need it, but it is nice.
Victoria H.
Victoria H.
Bentonville, AR

I'm a little tough on beauty products, so while I love the Origins brand, this primer did nothing for my skin. The primer sat funny on my skin: it pilled up and felt really dimethicone-y. It's best to go to a department store or Sephora where you can sample the product first before you commit to a full bottle. Just because it didn't work for my skin, doesn't mean it can't work for you.
Krysten F.
Krysten F.

When I put this on WOW! I just feel my face mask completely just soak into my skin and really get into my pores better than ever before. There's definitely a significant difference between using a face Mika with and without this product. You feel the results instantly, the way the mask just stays to your face so much better. Totally worth the buy if you're a face mask lover like me:)
Bhavna S.
Bhavna S.
Astoria, NY

I love this mist! It's very light and refreshing but I still felt like I had to go in with a primer for the smoothing portion in the skin but I do like it for a light wash of misting and for an every day use. It doesn't do much for the pores and such and especially if you have problem proned skin but it will form as a nice barrier for the makeup to last and overall health of ur skin
Cilver C.
Cilver C.
Traverse city, Mi

I'm giving this product 2 stars simply because I don't really see a difference in masking with/without the primer. I was actually using it for more of a spray toner because I just felt like it wasn't doing anything different than me washing/toning myself. It adds a nice bit of hydration, but the mister is really spurty and I really just don't understand how/why this product works.
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Sacramento, CA

I love Origins' masks so I figured I would try the mask primer they came up with since it's a brand new idea in the skincare world. Unfortunately, it was not love. It did make my skin softer and possibly retain moisture better but I don't feel it really enhanced my masks at all. I will say that this gave me the idea to put a gel mask under my clay masks and it works marvelously.
Monique G.
Monique G.
Dsrt Hot Spgs, CA

I nlofe anything to do masks so the first i saw this was the first time that i even knew this exsisted i fell in love with it because i always had had problems applying my f a ce mask especially the freemans charcoal mask and also the peel away mask by free man i was never able to peel it off to smothly untill i seen thhis and used it i recommend any one with my problem buy it

Katrina S.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL

Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY

Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Kayla B.

Mary S.
Mary S.
Rochester, NY

Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.

Join Now