Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#43 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (18)
Kathryn F.
Kathryn F.
Baton Rouge, LA

This is a very interesting concept. I definitely liked the way my skin felt and I suppose I could tell myself it felt "primed" for masking. I certainly don't have a reason to NOT like it. But, overall, I'm just not sure it is actually doing something. I THINK I felt like somehow one of my moisturizing masks worked a little better but that could totally be in my head. Honestly, not a "must have" product. But bonus point for ingenuity.
Rochester, NY

I love this suff I use it with there activated charcoal mask and it you should see all clean my clear my face is. My pores are smaller and I no longer get black heads since I started using this with my mask 4 times a week. I've also seen that I've a big reduction in white heads and I no longer break out during my monthly cycle. Lol The best part is the additional product didn't break me out and I have really sensitive skin. 💙😄✌️
Kira D.
Kira D.
Millersville, MD

I love this product. Any skin maximizer to prep your skin for a mask is always a wise choice. This one is convenient in a spray bottle, is from a brand I trust, and smells nice. It seems to actually work, too, compared to not using using any skin prep before a mask. I use this before applying my settings as well, until I get a skin prep for that.

Add it to your routine! It's affordable too, a great thing about this company.
Mary H.
Mary H.
Milan, MN

OMG! This product is absolutely life changing if you use masks. The price is amazing and it is absolutely worth it. The easy to use spritz bottle is nice, and it is such a great value! I feel if this product was it a dump and pour you would be wasting so much! I would absolutely be repurchasing this product! It makes any mask that you use work 20 times harder and it is so worth it!!! Run, don't walk to get this product!!
Heather M.
Heather M.
Starkville, MS

I received this mask in a sample form and was able to get 3 application out of the small vial. I did not like this primer with the charcoal mask as it made it difficult to apply the mask and caused it to apply in a patchy manner. I didn't mind it with the overnight mask, however. I'm not sure how much this really did for my skin and I don't think I would spend money to purchase this. I feel like it is a bit of a gimmick.
Sara H.
Sara H.

I'm only giving this product 2/5 stars because I did not really see any difference in my mask. I used the primer with other origins masks and they did great, but not necessarily any better than they would have without the primer. However, I love the concept and maybe if I used it for a prolonged amount of time I would be able to tell a difference if it was with another mask that I had used a lot without the primer.
Kayla J.
Kayla J.
Lumberton, MS

Ehhhhh I'm not really sure if this is worth the money or not. I've used it a handful of times (when I actually remember to use it) and I didn't really see how it made a difference. The mask worked the same way it would have without a primer. It literally felt like I was just spritzing my face with water. I will use what I have but I don't know that I would buy again. Maybe after using it more I'll change my mind.
Shante A.
Shante A.
Los Angeles, CA

I received a sample of this along with an overnight mask in a Sephora play box. At first I was interested, but then I realized this step is just so extra and often times found myself forgetting to use it. This product has no smell, is not irritating to the eyes, it's not sticky. It feels and looks exactly like spraying water on your face. I would not repurchase. I did like the overnight mask it came with though.
Gaby L.
Gaby L.
Pittsburg, CA

At first I was super skeptical about this because I didn't think you would need a primer before putting on a mask. But my friend let me try it and I actually really enjoyed it. I didn't notice a huge difference after priming my face with this product but it did leave my skin softer than when I would put a moisturizer on after my mask. I like it but I don't absolutely need it. Definitely nice to try out though!
Connor C.
Connor C.
Baltimore, MD

This is the first mask primer of its kind! The best part of it all is that you can really feel your pores open up and accept the primer! Once your pores open up jjst throw on your mask and relax! I use the Charcoal mask and Rose Clay masks from Origins and they wipe right off after their time is up! Bonus tip: spray a little primer on before putting your lotion on during days you're feeling super dry!
Katrina S.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL

Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY

Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Kayla B.

Rochester, NY

Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.

Join Now