BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Geri Liz L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
ORIGINS- Maskimizer priming mist with Marine Algae Complex helps hydrate, soften and optimize skin's condition so it's fully prepped to enhance your mask experience. Just a quick spritz gets skin primed. I'm dry so if I can prepare my skin before doing a face mask it's always a plus! I like it, will I buy it again maybe not. It's not something i couldn't live without out honestly! I feel it's more a pampering product!
Diana P.
Bronx, NY
So refreshing ! I cleanse my face first and a spray 2-3 pumps onto face .. let it dry then apply your origins face mask ! this was one of the VIB rogue member samples i received at sephora so im not sure of price. Its hydrating and supposed to enhance your masking experience..
Hillary Y.
EVERYONE NEEDS THIS. I use a bunch of Origins masks (Original Skin, Charcoal, the green bottle whose name is escaping me right now..) and the Maskimizer noticeable makes the mask work harder. For example, the Original Skin mask helps "reset" my face (get rid of dead skin, bumps, any dryness + oil). I always thought it worked well, but when I combined it with the maskimizer, my face was smooth and bright like after a facial. Incredible!!
Cilver C.
Parker, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm giving this product 2 stars simply because I don't really see a difference in masking with/without the primer. I was actually using it for more of a spray toner because I just felt like it wasn't doing anything different than me washing/toning myself. It adds a nice bit of hydration, but the mister is really spurty and I really just don't understand how/why this product works.
Elizabeth M.
Omaha
This mask primer was amazing!! I received a sample size from Sephora, the sample size lasted me 5 uses. I was so fascinated by how well this produced worked with me that I purchased the full size. This mask has a nozzle that evenly sprays the product onto your face. The primer has a cooling effect on the skin that leaves skin feeling fresh and hydrated for any mask.
karina u.
Lakewood, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I mostly use this in the morning after i was my face, it perks ya up. Ive also used this before my masks and I must admit it does make my face feel refreshed before my masks, but other than that I dont really see a difference. Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz
Marishya R.
San diego, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I thought this stuff was a pretty interesting concept. I think it did what it said it would do, by helping to prep my skin for masks. It felt refreshing on my skin and I didn't experience any irritation or anything. However, I didn't really notice any difference between the results I got with masks if I had used this product beforehand or not so I don't really think it was anything necessary to have, but nice if you do.
Mary L.
Chicago , IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I was told I needed to prime before I apply my masks I didn't believe it but after trying this priming mask I will never go back. Something I've noticed about using peel off masks is that my skin either feels wet or super dry after I use them. With this primer my skin feels smooth with no dryness! The only downside is that it's a little pricey. Worth it!
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a sample of this in my Play by Sephora box, and I didn't really see the use of it. You're supposed to spray this on your face before applying a mask to optimize the mask's benefits. It felt good spritzing it on my face, but I didn't notice any difference in my mask or how my skin looked after. I wouldn't spend the money to purchase this product.
Chessa F.
Clay, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
My skin is so sensitive but yet so dry my face didn't really see any benefits from using this primer. I believe it is just my skin type. I would still recommend this product. My friend ended up using it and she loves it! She has gone to repurchase it.. a couple of times!
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Kayla B.
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.