Add a Photo

#43 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (15)
olivia v.
olivia v.

This is a really great product if you have a mask that you don't want to use up too fast. My glamglow treatment was way too expensive so I'm trying to make it last as long as possible. Spraying this on beforehand has made it so much more spreadable, and therefore, i use less of the product. I'm not sure if it really optimizes or boosts the skin, but i will definitely be purchasing this product in the future because it helps me save expensive masks!
Saachi J.
Saachi J.

I got this in a Origins set as a Sephora point perk, and while I liked all the other products a lot, I hate this one. This product does absolutely nothing. It's extremely gimmicky and pointless. On top of that, the spray is AWFUL. It squirts so much on your face, no matter how far away I hold it. I end up just spraying some onto my hands and patting it onto skin. But I really don't notice any difference in how my face masks apply and work.
Kathryn F.
Kathryn F.
Baton Rouge, LA

This is a very interesting concept. I definitely liked the way my skin felt and I suppose I could tell myself it felt "primed" for masking. I certainly don't have a reason to NOT like it. But, overall, I'm just not sure it is actually doing something. I THINK I felt like somehow one of my moisturizing masks worked a little better but that could totally be in my head. Honestly, not a "must have" product. But bonus point for ingenuity.
Rochester, NY

I love this suff I use it with there activated charcoal mask and it you should see all clean my clear my face is. My pores are smaller and I no longer get black heads since I started using this with my mask 4 times a week. I've also seen that I've a big reduction in white heads and I no longer break out during my monthly cycle. Lol The best part is the additional product didn't break me out and I have really sensitive skin. 💙😄✌️
Kira D.
Kira D.
Millersville, MD

I love this product. Any skin maximizer to prep your skin for a mask is always a wise choice. This one is convenient in a spray bottle, is from a brand I trust, and smells nice. It seems to actually work, too, compared to not using using any skin prep before a mask. I use this before applying my settings as well, until I get a skin prep for that.

Add it to your routine! It's affordable too, a great thing about this company.
Heather M.
Heather M.
Starkville, MS

I received this mask in a sample form and was able to get 3 application out of the small vial. I did not like this primer with the charcoal mask as it made it difficult to apply the mask and caused it to apply in a patchy manner. I didn't mind it with the overnight mask, however. I'm not sure how much this really did for my skin and I don't think I would spend money to purchase this. I feel like it is a bit of a gimmick.
Mary H.
Mary H.
Milan, MN

OMG! This product is absolutely life changing if you use masks. The price is amazing and it is absolutely worth it. The easy to use spritz bottle is nice, and it is such a great value! I feel if this product was it a dump and pour you would be wasting so much! I would absolutely be repurchasing this product! It makes any mask that you use work 20 times harder and it is so worth it!!! Run, don't walk to get this product!!
Sara H.
Sara H.

I'm only giving this product 2/5 stars because I did not really see any difference in my mask. I used the primer with other origins masks and they did great, but not necessarily any better than they would have without the primer. However, I love the concept and maybe if I used it for a prolonged amount of time I would be able to tell a difference if it was with another mask that I had used a lot without the primer.
Kayla J.
Kayla J.
Lumberton , MS

Ehhhhh I'm not really sure if this is worth the money or not. I've used it a handful of times (when I actually remember to use it) and I didn't really see how it made a difference. The mask worked the same way it would have without a primer. It literally felt like I was just spritzing my face with water. I will use what I have but I don't know that I would buy again. Maybe after using it more I'll change my mind.
Shante A.
Shante A.
Los Angeles, CA

I received a sample of this along with an overnight mask in a Sephora play box. At first I was interested, but then I realized this step is just so extra and often times found myself forgetting to use it. This product has no smell, is not irritating to the eyes, it's not sticky. It feels and looks exactly like spraying water on your face. I would not repurchase. I did like the overnight mask it came with though.
Katrina S.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL

Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY

Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Kayla B.

Rochester, NY

Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.

Join Now