Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz uploaded by Alyssa B.Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz uploaded by karina u.Origins Maskimizer(TM) Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer 3.2 oz uploaded by Christine S.See all 21 photos

BY ORIGINS #78 in Serums

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mas...I honestly saw no difference i... 2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually h...I honestly saw no difference u... 2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-m...Be the first to answer!
Photos (21)
Buy on Sephora
Mary H.
Mary H.
Milan, MN
OMG! This product is absolutely life changing if you use masks. The price is amazing and it is absolutely worth it. The easy to use spritz bottle is nice, and it is such a great value! I feel if this product was it a dump and pour you would be wasting so much! I would absolutely be repurchasing this product! It makes any mask that you use work 20 times harder and it is so worth it!!! Run, don't walk to get this product!!
Heather M.
Heather M.
Starkville, MS
I received this mask in a sample form and was able to get 3 application out of the small vial. I did not like this primer with the charcoal mask as it made it difficult to apply the mask and caused it to apply in a patchy manner. I didn't mind it with the overnight mask, however. I'm not sure how much this really did for my skin and I don't think I would spend money to purchase this. I feel like it is a bit of a gimmick.
Sara H.
Sara H.
I'm only giving this product 2/5 stars because I did not really see any difference in my mask. I used the primer with other origins masks and they did great, but not necessarily any better than they would have without the primer. However, I love the concept and maybe if I used it for a prolonged amount of time I would be able to tell a difference if it was with another mask that I had used a lot without the primer.
Kayla J.
Kayla J.
Lumberton, MS
Ehhhhh I'm not really sure if this is worth the money or not. I've used it a handful of times (when I actually remember to use it) and I didn't really see how it made a difference. The mask worked the same way it would have without a primer. It literally felt like I was just spritzing my face with water. I will use what I have but I don't know that I would buy again. Maybe after using it more I'll change my mind.
Shante A.
Shante A.
Los Angeles , CA
I received a sample of this along with an overnight mask in a Sephora play box. At first I was interested, but then I realized this step is just so extra and often times found myself forgetting to use it. This product has no smell, is not irritating to the eyes, it's not sticky. It feels and looks exactly like spraying water on your face. I would not repurchase. I did like the overnight mask it came with though.
Connor C.
Connor C.
Baltimore, MD
This is the first mask primer of its kind! The best part of it all is that you can really feel your pores open up and accept the primer! Once your pores open up jjst throw on your mask and relax! I use the Charcoal mask and Rose Clay masks from Origins and they wipe right off after their time is up! Bonus tip: spray a little primer on before putting your lotion on during days you're feeling super dry!
Emily M.
Emily M.
Prophetstown, IL
I tried a sample of this when I purchased some Origins masks. It has a nice refreshing feeling and a light sea salt kind of scent. I think I would repurchase it, though I love doing masks frequently. I'm not sure it's necessary, but it feels so nice on the skin it's kind of an aromatherapeutic step more than anything. It does soften and prep the skin well, so I may even splash it on before serum.
Brooke A.
Brooke A.
South Jordan, UT
I tried this with a variety of masks and only noticed a difference with overnight masks. For example, if I used it with a hydrating overnight mask, the mask would hydrate my skin more than it usually does. My guess is that, like with face primers, the glycerin it it helped the mask apply more evenly and stick to my skin better. I don't think it makes enough of a difference to be worth the money.
Linds A.
Linds A.
Denver, Co
I got it just to try it because I've never heard of a mask primer, so why the heck not. I had read other reviews before buying it from sephora and I took their same approach. I use it as a skin care regimen primer, before I do the whole 10 step Korean regimen. I don't have very problematic skin and don't notice a difference. I wouldn't re purchase just because I don't need it, but it is nice.
Krysten F.
Krysten F.
When I put this on WOW! I just feel my face mask completely just soak into my skin and really get into my pores better than ever before. There's definitely a significant difference between using a face Mika with and without this product. You feel the results instantly, the way the mask just stays to your face so much better. Totally worth the buy if you're a face mask lover like me:)
Katrina S.
Kayla B.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Clancy M.
Clancy M.
Campbellsville, KY
Does this primer work even for masks that are meant to soak up oil and dry out acne?