Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#20 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (12)
Rochelle D.
Rochelle D.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ

I honestly don't know what my review is about this. I received a sample of this at Sephora and used the same mask with this and without it and I don't know that I can honestly say I noticed a difference. I used this with an origins overnight mask and I don't believe I can say I noticed a difference when I used this. The spray feels refreshing on the face but that is about all that I can give an honest review about. This is not a product I will most likely purchase in the future
Caroline F.
Caroline F.

I too was skeptical at first, but this product is outstanding and I'm about to buy my 2nd bottle! It works well for under masks and hydrates well. My skin has gotten more dry recently. They say not to use this alone or under makeup but I do and it's NOT sticky. I've also spritzed it over makeup! Just one or two squirts is all you need and about 6 inches from your face! Feels super refreshing & my skin seems to notice! It feels more hydrated and radiant. I use this year round.
rupali m.
rupali m.
Kalamazoo, MI

I got a mini sample of this from Sephora. After checking out the ingredients and the smell, feel, etc, I went ahead and sprayed liberally on clean, dry skin and left it on all night. Surprisingly woke up to moist, glowing, happy skin. Finally ended up purchasing full size. Money well spent. Adding moisture to dry skin before using occlusive products such as heavy creams, oil or masks helps to seal the moisture in and achieve best results, this product does just that.
Karessa B.
Karessa B.
Commack, NY

Hi, so glad you have a chance to read this... guess what ? This is the best thing ever! yea I know you won't believe me but here is why it's the best thing ever. 1st..... I love how I makes my face feel. I let makes my skin feel soft and smooth like a baby's bottom. 2nd.... I put this before my makeup and it makes my foundation very easy to apply and it looks better. I give this Item a 5 out of 5!:) I hope you try it and find out other reasons why it's the best;)
Hanh N.
Hanh N.
Seaside, CA

I normally don't write reviews, but in this case, I had to. The consistency is smooth and does a really good job of priming my face for masks. It keeps my charcoal masks from drying out, which I liked since they tend to dry super unevenly

I got mine at Macy's with my Plenti points, so it wasn't super pricey, but if I was buying it without any promotions, I probably would have been a bit iffy. The packaging was sleek and simple and the bottle was easy to use.
Jen P.
Jen P.

Firstly, I am a tremendous fan of Origins. Ever since I started using products from this brand 7 years ago, my skin has been completely transformed, so when they came out with this mask primer I was excited. I wondered if it would really make a difference in how my masks performed. I found that it performed really well with the Origins Charcoal mask, but I've not seen the same effects with other masks. Sadly, this is not a product I'll be repurchasing.
Brittney B.
Brittney B.
Mahopac, NY

A skin primer .... yes I thought pointless and a waste of money too. I received a sample of this in my Sephora PLAY monthly box subscription and used it before applying the origins charcoal mask that also came with it and I must say my face has never been as soft after one use. It really did make the mask cling to my skin and work better than when I used it without it. I don't know if I'll purchase the bottle but I'm tempted a little goes along way.
olivia v.
olivia v.

This is a really great product if you have a mask that you don't want to use up too fast. My glamglow treatment was way too expensive so I'm trying to make it last as long as possible. Spraying this on beforehand has made it so much more spreadable, and therefore, i use less of the product. I'm not sure if it really optimizes or boosts the skin, but i will definitely be purchasing this product in the future because it helps me save expensive masks!
Joy I.
Joy I.
Flower Mound, TX

This is a fairly new product on the market, and there is not really another quite like it. You just put it before any non peel-off mask, and it helps provide smoother application and is easy to remove. I purchased mine from an Origins store with a coupon. I like to use it before the Clear Improvement mask, because it does not feel as thick and glides on and off smoothly. It is a good price for the size because you only need a little each time.
nicole c.
nicole c.

I was really skeptical about this product, but I really enjoyed it. This basically functions as a mild toner before application of a face mask or other skincare. I Think that its good that this type of product does not have a fragrance. This feels refreshing, gives you a bit of moisture, & nicely preps your skin. My mask went on smoothly & afterwards my skin didn't feel tight or dry. Is this product a necessity? No, but I really enjoyed it!
Katrina S.

Rochester, NY

Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY

Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Kayla B.

Tatiana M.
Tatiana M.
New Windsor, NY

I've been curious about this product. Does anyone truly see a difference? I am a sucker for a good mask and would love to get 100% from the products! Thanks in advanced!

Join Now