BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Sammie M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product has good ingredients but it does not spray on well. I did not see any results with this product. Did not meet my expectations at all. I bought at Sephora for like 23 dollars. Overall disappointing products and I am a very big fan of origins.
Elizabeth P.
Grantsville, UT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a sample of this product from the Sephora Play box and I did not notice any difference in mask performance when using it. It's nice to add extra steps to spa treatments sometimes but I don't think this product is worth the cost. Just Meh for me.
Alissa P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a sample in my Play! by Sephora beauty subscription box to go along with another mask i had received. It was small so really only one use came of it. I didn't really see a huge difference in how my skin felt after I think I would need a bigger sample to really see if it works.
Ashley K.
Omaha, NE
Love this! Makes hard-to-get-off masks (ahem, perhaps a certain charcoal mask from the same brand) much easier to get off. Also, making sure skin is fully hydrated ensures the highest efficacy of any subsequent treatments and this primer does just that. The nozzle, however, does not work very well.
Karen S.
Charlotte, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just recently purchased this to add to my skin care regimen after seeing a review online. I think it really helps prep your skin before you apply your mask to your face. I will definitely be using it regularly and totally recommend it for others to try.
Tannu J.
Jacksonville, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a great product. It does good and not irritate or inflame my skin.
Till date no spa has been able to achieve this for me.
I use the product as specified and have noticed the immediate relief it gives especially if I have been exposed to pollution during the day.
Elena A.
Dallas, TX
I don't see the real need in another step when applying a mask but I do see the logic. It feels as if the mask goes on the skin better when applying this primer. It doesn't seem to dry my skin out and it doesn't dry the mask fast so I feel like the mask has more time to work as much as it can.
Haley D.
New bern , NC
Love this mask primer. Have not had a bad experience with any of the origins products I have used. Makes my skin appear so smooth and fresh. Usually buy online since I do not have a local store. Good value for the quality of product. would definitely buy again.
Brooke H.
I loved it! I very much could see a noticeable difference in my skin after using this product for a couple weeks. It was pretty much what I expected. It's not something that makes a difference in 2 days, give it time. I would defiantly repurchase!
alicia s.
Apopka, FL
I usually love origins products, but I cannot even use this. My skin broke out so bad after using this, and I don't even have sensitive skin! Of course, if interested in the product, I'd go ask for a sample at Sephora and see if it works for you!

Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Kayla B.
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.