BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Jasmine G.
Ada, OK
I like this primer. it isn't greasy or slimey. It does help with minimizing finelines and doesn't seem to make my makeup slide off, which is a good thing for a primer. It met my expectations even for the price! I probably would buy it again, but I do have primers that I prefer over this one.
rupali m.
Kalamazoo, MI
I got a mini sample of this from Sephora. After checking out the ingredients and the smell, feel, etc, I went ahead and sprayed liberally on clean, dry skin and left it on all night. Surprisingly woke up to moist, glowing, happy skin. Finally ended up purchasing full size. Money well spent. Adding moisture to dry skin before using occlusive products such as heavy creams, oil or masks helps to seal the moisture in and achieve best results, this product does just that.
Emily K.
hamburg, NY
This product is ok... It feels refreshing when applied, But in my opinion not necessary to achieve the results of your mask. This might be good for peel off masks, but for me being very oily in general, most of my masks are clay. Be careful if you have lash extensions, this product has oils!
Mala K.
Rantoul , IL
I received a mini facial with this product and I can feel the difference with my skin. I feel like it enhances the function of the mask. I have oily combination skin and it made it feel refreshing. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking to get the most out their mask treatment.
Adrianna S.
Super good primer! I use this a lot, I love the way the makeup looks super good and smooth and just overall good and I've been using this for a while now and I love that it isn't too unreasonable of a cost to buy it and I would recommend this product to anyone who asked me if I liked it!
Jessica C.
Phoenix, AZ
I loved this product. I received a sample size in a subscription box and to be honest I'm not sure if it helped make the mask more affective or not but I do love the idea and my skin felt amazing after using it. I'm just not sure if my face would've felt less amazing if I haven't used it.
Connor C.
Joppa, MD
This is the first mask primer of its kind! The best part of it all is that you can really feel your pores open up and accept the primer! Once your pores open up jjst throw on your mask and relax! I use the Charcoal mask and Rose Clay masks from Origins and they wipe right off after their time is up! Bonus tip: spray a little primer on before putting your lotion on during days you're feeling super dry!
Cait M.
Cedar Rapids, IA
I got this in my Sephora Play! Box. I'll admit I'm not an avid mask user so maybe I can't appreciate its true potential. I'm not sure it did anything additional to the mask I used. I don't think I'd spend money on a full bottle, but for those who use masks regularly it may be worth a buy!
Karessa B.
Commack, NY
Hi, so glad you have a chance to read this... guess what ? This is the best thing ever! yea I know you won't believe me but here is why it's the best thing ever. 1st..... I love how I makes my face feel. I let makes my skin feel soft and smooth like a baby's bottom. 2nd.... I put this before my makeup and it makes my foundation very easy to apply and it looks better. I give this Item a 5 out of 5!:) I hope you try it and find out other reasons why it's the best;)
Marlynda M.
Lawrence, MA
This is a nice product. I think it really did add to the mask I used it with. It felt like a nice hydrating mist, and helped to set the mask into my skin. I've only used it once with the sample mask that came with it, so It will be interesting to see how well it works with other masks.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.