Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#17 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (10)
doriana g.
doriana g.

Hello Everyone! Since last year I've seriously wanted to cut down on the amount of makeup that I have. However, I did not seriously start destashing, downsizing and cutting down on my collection until this year when I got accepted into my top choice college because I know in September I will be moving an hour away from my Parent's House and many weekends, if I want to come home, that will require a 4 hour train ride. I would not have wanted to bring my collection at the size it was for this journey. My collection has now been de-stashed to fit in a large tackle box.
Dilani T.
Dilani T.

While the claims of hydration and softening did stand up to our scientific scrutiny, we’re a little wary of the claim to ‘prepare our skin to better accept the mask’ as we haven’t seen any evidence to suggest that Maskimizer would be able to do so. We Geeks would be more likely to use this product as a hydrating face mist rather than as a pre-facemask primer and as such, we haven’t been persuaded to invest just yet! Obviously, Maskimizer won’t do any harm to our skin, but the Geeks think it may just be another unnecessary step in our skincare routines.

Lizbeth M.
Lizbeth M.
Elmhurst, NY

I love this! Some people may think there's no point to prime your face before using a mask because the mask is designed to do some type of "wonder" for your face. That's not entirely the case, priming your face beforehand raises the level of effectiveness the mask has on your facial skin. I have dry skin, some masks if they don't state that they moisturize, they end up drying me out and causing my skin to flake. I do use a decent amount of this to ensure that won't happen! I recommend this, especially for those of you who are dry like me.
michelle b.
michelle b.

This product spreads on smoothly and feels good but it can't take the place of foundation. It doesn't cover any discolorations or blemishes on my face. I had to go back and put a foundation on top of it. And I don't like heavy foundation or makeup in general. Was hopeful I could use this for a more natural look.... similar to the old foundation ("Barely There " I think it was called, which I loved,that came in a tube). But this really doesn't look different from how I look with a basic moisterizer on. Very disappointed.
Amy Y.
Amy Y.

I know this product is a bit gimmicky, which is why there is a reduction in the number of stars. In my opinion, the same exact results can be achieved with a good toner or mist. Calling it a mask primer is basically just marketing to make this product seem new... another way for beauty companies to convince you that you need to buy more. That being said, I think this mist is pretty nice. The scent is unoffensive, and the mist coats my face evenly. It does the job of opening my pores for whatever mask I will use.
Sofia A.
Sofia A.
Cambridge, MA

Before using this product I felt skeptical about using primers, and did not include them in my makeup routine. But after trying for the first time, I was completely amazed by the results, and now use it daily. This primer does exactly what the bottle says, it prepares my skin before applying the rest of my make-up. The best part of it, is that it also hydrates and soother my skin, so it is never feeling dry. The best part of it is that, after I remove my make-up, my skin is looking super radiant!
Delaney S.
Delaney S.
Reading, MA

I bought this online from Sephora because I have never heard of a product like this before. I love origins products, especially their masks so I figured I would give it a try. I wish this spray came out as more of a mist because when I first sprayed it on my face it was more like a stream of water. Usually now instead of spraying it directly onto my face I spray it into my hands and pat it on my face before applying a face mask. It definitely helps to optimize the effects of any mask I use.
Leslie S.
Leslie S.
Parker, CO

I tried Origins Maskimizer Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer before I used their awesome charcoal mask. I was very impressed with how much moisture it gave my skin. I have dry skin normally, and my skin felt so smooth after using this. I think it really helped my skin get the best benefit from my mask. I never would have thought my skin needed a "primer" before a mask. I tried a sample first, and immediately bought the full size product. My skin feels much better after using this before my mask!
Tianxin C.
Tianxin C.
College Park, MD

I was very intrigued by this product since I've never heard anything like it before. Face masks have became a big part of my weekly routine, everything from Asian sheet masks to Western cream masks, so I thought this toner would be perfect for me. After misting my face before masks for a few weeks now, I have to be honest and say that I don't physically feel much of a difference.
Aside from making the face mask routine feel much more luxurious, the primer is quite average in action.
Rochelle D.
Rochelle D.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ

I honestly don't know what my review is about this. I received a sample of this at Sephora and used the same mask with this and without it and I don't know that I can honestly say I noticed a difference. I used this with an origins overnight mask and I don't believe I can say I noticed a difference when I used this. The spray feels refreshing on the face but that is about all that I can give an honest review about. This is not a product I will most likely purchase in the future
Katrina S.

Rochester, NY

Clancy M.
Clancy M.
Whycocomagh, NS

Does this primer work even for masks that are meant to soak up oil and dry out acne?
Tatiana M.
Tatiana M.
New Windsor, NY

I've been curious about this product. Does anyone truly see a difference? I am a sucker for a good mask and would love to get 100% from the products! Thanks in advanced!
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.

Join Now