Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#52 in Serums
Free 9-piece Getaway Bag with any $65 order.

FREE GIFT

Free 9-piece Getaway Bag with any $65 order.

2 days left

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (19)
Amy Y.
Amy Y.

I know this product is a bit gimmicky, which is why there is a reduction in the number of stars. In my opinion, the same exact results can be achieved with a good toner or mist. Calling it a mask primer is basically just marketing to make this product seem new... another way for beauty companies to convince you that you need to buy more. That being said, I think this mist is pretty nice. The scent is unoffensive, and the mist coats my face evenly. It does the job of opening my pores for whatever mask I will use.
Delaney S.
Delaney S.
Reading, MA

I bought this online from Sephora because I have never heard of a product like this before. I love origins products, especially their masks so I figured I would give it a try. I wish this spray came out as more of a mist because when I first sprayed it on my face it was more like a stream of water. Usually now instead of spraying it directly onto my face I spray it into my hands and pat it on my face before applying a face mask. It definitely helps to optimize the effects of any mask I use.
Megan Z.
Megan Z.
Denton, TX

Most people do not get the true importance and use of this product before face masks. I didn't until I consulted origins and they explained it to me really well! It acts as a soothing and moisturizing barrier before applying a face mask that detoxifies and exfoliates so you get the optimal results without drying your skin out in the detox process! It's truly a product one of its kind and I'm impressed so far! Just spray in a T and V motion over you face before applying a face mask!
Rochelle D.
Rochelle D.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ

I honestly don't know what my review is about this. I received a sample of this at Sephora and used the same mask with this and without it and I don't know that I can honestly say I noticed a difference. I used this with an origins overnight mask and I don't believe I can say I noticed a difference when I used this. The spray feels refreshing on the face but that is about all that I can give an honest review about. This is not a product I will most likely purchase in the future
Caroline F.
Caroline F.

I too was skeptical at first, but this product is outstanding and I'm about to buy my 2nd bottle! It works well for under masks and hydrates well. My skin has gotten more dry recently. They say not to use this alone or under makeup but I do and it's NOT sticky. I've also spritzed it over makeup! Just one or two squirts is all you need and about 6 inches from your face! Feels super refreshing & my skin seems to notice! It feels more hydrated and radiant. I use this year round.
rupali m.
rupali m.
Kalamazoo, MI

I got a mini sample of this from Sephora. After checking out the ingredients and the smell, feel, etc, I went ahead and sprayed liberally on clean, dry skin and left it on all night. Surprisingly woke up to moist, glowing, happy skin. Finally ended up purchasing full size. Money well spent. Adding moisture to dry skin before using occlusive products such as heavy creams, oil or masks helps to seal the moisture in and achieve best results, this product does just that.
Jen P.
Jen P.

Firstly, I am a tremendous fan of Origins. Ever since I started using products from this brand 7 years ago, my skin has been completely transformed, so when they came out with this mask primer I was excited. I wondered if it would really make a difference in how my masks performed. I found that it performed really well with the Origins Charcoal mask, but I've not seen the same effects with other masks. Sadly, this is not a product I'll be repurchasing.
Brittney B.
Brittney B.
Mahopac, NY

A skin primer .... yes I thought pointless and a waste of money too. I received a sample of this in my Sephora PLAY monthly box subscription and used it before applying the origins charcoal mask that also came with it and I must say my face has never been as soft after one use. It really did make the mask cling to my skin and work better than when I used it without it. I don't know if I'll purchase the bottle but I'm tempted a little goes along way.
olivia v.
olivia v.

This is a really great product if you have a mask that you don't want to use up too fast. My glamglow treatment was way too expensive so I'm trying to make it last as long as possible. Spraying this on beforehand has made it so much more spreadable, and therefore, i use less of the product. I'm not sure if it really optimizes or boosts the skin, but i will definitely be purchasing this product in the future because it helps me save expensive masks!
Saachi J.
Saachi J.

I got this in a Origins set as a Sephora point perk, and while I liked all the other products a lot, I hate this one. This product does absolutely nothing. It's extremely gimmicky and pointless. On top of that, the spray is AWFUL. It squirts so much on your face, no matter how far away I hold it. I end up just spraying some onto my hands and patting it onto skin. But I really don't notice any difference in how my face masks apply and work.
Katrina S.

Rochester , NY

Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY

Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Mesquite, TX

Does this honestly do anything it claims when it comes to boosting the effects of your face masks?