BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Melissa H.
Sunnyvale, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really love this mask primer - I'll be totally honest and say I am not sure if it really makes my masks all that more effective, but I do think it refreshes my skin and keeps it from drying out. I use this before pretty much all of my masks as a refresh and I think it is really nice especially before a mud/clay mask because it helps to bring in a bit of extra moisture when I typically find mud/clay masks to be super drying on my skin. I don't know if I will repurchase - because I think something like the smashbox photo finish primer water would be kinda similar (and has a better spray nozzle) - but I do think it's nice.
Mary T.
I bought this at sephora. It is not my favorite product. It was supposed to prep skin for the mask I was going to use. I'm not really sure what this product is supposed to do but I felt like it was acting as a barrier of the mask I applied. I didn't notice the face mask spread easier or wipe off easier. I did like the fact it was a spray bottle. The packaging is pretty. Smell was not noticed. I do like the fact it did not have any paraben or sulfate ingredients. In terms of face mask primer, did not know I even needed one and I think some people may notice a difference in their face mask application, I didn't.
Kaylynn C.
Beverly Hills, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Honestly this product was a bit of a disappointment. I was skeptical when I first read about it, and unfortunately after using it I must say that I think it is a gimmicky product. I didn't notice any sort of difference in the way that my masks felt when I primed my skin with this mist. It honestly felt comparable to spraying my face with my Mario Badescu rosewater spray prior to putting on a face mask. It may add a little extra moisture, but for the price point I think your money is better spent on a different product.
Alicia S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Again, Origins delivers. It's masking primer prepares the face before a mask. I love it. It adds an extra boost to any mask, and recently I used it before a collagen-based face mask. Beautiful reaults. Big fan of Origins, which is a newer product for me. I would try ANYTHING from this line. I also think it works beautifully for over 40 skin needs.
Kate K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this mask primer! We prime for everything else so why not masks?! This primer softens my skin and hydrates all on its own! Really easy to apply with the spray bottle. Just mist your face before any mask to create a perfect base! I don't do masks without this primer :)
Christina H.
Leander, TX
I like this stuff because it seems to make whatever mask I'm using spread easier. No idea if it actually helps your skin absorb the good stuff in the mask. The spray could maybe be more of a mist, it does spray pretty heavily and boy does it burn when it runs into your eyes. I'll still use it though because you don't have to use as much of the mask since it spreads better.
Vivien Y.
This product doesn't really do anything, it is essentially a spray toner. I'm giving it three stars because I don't feel it is worth it for the price. Even the salesperson at Sephora told me it doesn't really do much. I've been using this as a spray toner and ocassionally with my masks (When I remember)
Ashlein S.
This product is not necessary buuut ladies if you love placing masks on your face and have them come off with no problem, I strongly suggest. The first thing i noticed was the texture it was just like water, my face felt like I drank a big gulp of water! Super hydrating even before the mask is placed!
Katlyn R.
Tucson
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love how it makes me mask come off easy. Super easy to use all you do is spray, pat, and apply mask. I definitely see my mask working more when I use it! It's only 32 dollars and last a very long time! The packaging is so cute and I love how it's texture on the outside! Definitely would rebuy
Gaby L.
Pittsburg, CA
At first I was super skeptical about this because I didn't think you would need a primer before putting on a mask. But my friend let me try it and I actually really enjoyed it. I didn't notice a huge difference after priming my face with this product but it did leave my skin softer than when I would put a moisturizer on after my mask. I like it but I don't absolutely need it. Definitely nice to try out though!
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Kayla B.
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.