BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little ske...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a fac...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen...Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Delaney S.
Delaney S.
Reading, MA
I bought this online from Sephora because I have never heard of a product like this before. I love origins products, especially their masks so I figured I would give it a try. I wish this spray came out as more of a mist because when I first sprayed it on my face it was more like a stream of water. Usually now instead of spraying it directly onto my face I spray it into my hands and pat it on my face before applying a face mask. It definitely helps to optimize the effects of any mask I use.
Rochelle D.
Rochelle D.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
I honestly don't know what my review is about this. I received a sample of this at Sephora and used the same mask with this and without it and I don't know that I can honestly say I noticed a difference. I used this with an origins overnight mask and I don't believe I can say I noticed a difference when I used this. The spray feels refreshing on the face but that is about all that I can give an honest review about. This is not a product I will most likely purchase in the future
Caroline F.
Caroline F.
I too was skeptical at first, but this product is outstanding and I'm about to buy my 2nd bottle! It works well for under masks and hydrates well. My skin has gotten more dry recently. They say not to use this alone or under makeup but I do and it's NOT sticky. I've also spritzed it over makeup! Just one or two squirts is all you need and about 6 inches from your face! Feels super refreshing & my skin seems to notice! It feels more hydrated and radiant. I use this year round.
rupali m.
rupali m.
Kalamazoo, MI
I got a mini sample of this from Sephora. After checking out the ingredients and the smell, feel, etc, I went ahead and sprayed liberally on clean, dry skin and left it on all night. Surprisingly woke up to moist, glowing, happy skin. Finally ended up purchasing full size. Money well spent. Adding moisture to dry skin before using occlusive products such as heavy creams, oil or masks helps to seal the moisture in and achieve best results, this product does just that.
Jen P.
Jen P.
Firstly, I am a tremendous fan of Origins. Ever since I started using products from this brand 7 years ago, my skin has been completely transformed, so when they came out with this mask primer I was excited. I wondered if it would really make a difference in how my masks performed. I found that it performed really well with the Origins Charcoal mask, but I've not seen the same effects with other masks. Sadly, this is not a product I'll be repurchasing.
Brittney B.
Brittney B.
Mahopac, NY
A skin primer .... yes I thought pointless and a waste of money too. I received a sample of this in my Sephora PLAY monthly box subscription and used it before applying the origins charcoal mask that also came with it and I must say my face has never been as soft after one use. It really did make the mask cling to my skin and work better than when I used it without it. I don't know if I'll purchase the bottle but I'm tempted a little goes along way.
olivia v.
olivia v.
This is a really great product if you have a mask that you don't want to use up too fast. My glamglow treatment was way too expensive so I'm trying to make it last as long as possible. Spraying this on beforehand has made it so much more spreadable, and therefore, i use less of the product. I'm not sure if it really optimizes or boosts the skin, but i will definitely be purchasing this product in the future because it helps me save expensive masks!
Kathryn F.
Kathryn F.
Baton Rouge, LA
This is a very interesting concept. I definitely liked the way my skin felt and I suppose I could tell myself it felt "primed" for masking. I certainly don't have a reason to NOT like it. But, overall, I'm just not sure it is actually doing something. I THINK I felt like somehow one of my moisturizing masks worked a little better but that could totally be in my head. Honestly, not a "must have" product. But bonus point for ingenuity.
Rochester , NY
I love this suff I use it with there activated charcoal mask and it you should see all clean my clear my face is. My pores are smaller and I no longer get black heads since I started using this with my mask 4 times a week. I've also seen that I've a big reduction in white heads and I no longer break out during my monthly cycle. Lol The best part is the additional product didn't break me out and I have really sensitive skin. 💙😄✌️
Kira D.
Kira D.
Summerfield, FL
I love this product. Any skin maximizer to prep your skin for a mask is always a wise choice. This one is convenient in a spray bottle, is from a brand I trust, and smells nice. It seems to actually work, too, compared to not using using any skin prep before a mask. I use this before applying my settings as well, until I get a skin prep for that.

Add it to your routine! It's affordable too, a great thing about this company.
Katrina S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.