BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Sofia A.
Cambridge, MA
Before using this product I felt skeptical about using primers, and did not include them in my makeup routine. But after trying for the first time, I was completely amazed by the results, and now use it daily. This primer does exactly what the bottle says, it prepares my skin before applying the rest of my make-up. The best part of it, is that it also hydrates and soother my skin, so it is never feeling dry. The best part of it is that, after I remove my make-up, my skin is looking super radiant!
Sami W.
Cranberry Twp, PA
I didn't realize that there is literally a primer for everything! It's very nice packaging for easy access of application. I'm an avid Origins user. It's very helpful to easy mask application and you don't need to use as much and it makes it so much easier and less of a mess to take off. I definitely recommend this product.
Nikoline H.
Livermore, CA
I am pleasantly surprised that this works so well. It leaves my face feeling soft before I apply my mask and my mask goes on so much smoothr. I've tried it with different brands of masks and I get the same result. My face feels just as soft when I wash the mask off. I just wish it came with a little more product for the price but I would still repurchase.
Shaye K.
Chattanooga , TN
This is an excellent mask primer! It sets the skin up to soak in all he nutrients or treatments in the mask you are using! Very easy to apply and has a faint if not noticeable scent! It does come out a little quick so close your eyes and mouth and hold your breath! I like to pat this in and apply mask right after!
Katherine B.
E Longmeadow, MA
A definite must use before every mask/serum/night cream. I use it every single day before my morning moisturizer and at night before my skin care routine. Makes me feel like I'm getting the most out of my products, and as skin care can be pricey it stretches those dollars into results (which we all want)!
Tianxin C.
College Park, MD
I was very intrigued by this product since I've never heard anything like it before. Face masks have became a big part of my weekly routine, everything from Asian sheet masks to Western cream masks, so I thought this toner would be perfect for me. After misting my face before masks for a few weeks now, I have to be honest and say that I don't physically feel much of a difference.
Aside from making the face mask routine feel much more luxurious, the primer is quite average in action.
Katarina  R.
Lafayette Hl, PA
I think this is an innovative and unique product, but I haven't noticed any difference when I use this before a mask compared to when I just use a mask by itself. It doesn't seem to do anything extra or special. It's definitely a cool product, but the price is not worth not seeing any kind of result at all.
Ashlein S.
This product is not necessary buuut ladies if you love placing masks on your face and have them come off with no problem, I strongly suggest. The first thing i noticed was the texture it was just like water, my face felt like I drank a big gulp of water! Super hydrating even before the mask is placed!
Jackie V.
Lemon Grove, CA
I didn't believe in using primers at first but I actually saw a result with this one. My face did not feel as greasy by the end of the day and my make up actually looked better than when I didn't use primer. I do recommend to invest in using a primer that suits you because there is a big difference.
Rebecca M.
Rowlett, TX
I do not see the point of this product. I had a sample of this and used it before a clay mask and a hydrating mask. I saw no difference. I personally think this is just a gimmick. I do not see the need to purchase this product and I don't think it is a necessary step in your skincare routine.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.