BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Stacey T.
I was unsure about the purpose and effectiveness of a mask primer but I must say I am glad I gave it a try. Some masks tend to dry out some areas of my face and the primer helps prevent this from occurring.
Elizabeth D.
Knoxville, TN
I got this in my Sephora play box in June and loved it. It was in a similar tube to a perfume sample which really was only about two uses, but it did work and make my skin feel more revised once I used it!
Trini V.
Rodeo, CA
While I like the idea of priming your skin before using a mask, I feel like any spray primer could do the same thing that this does. I didn't notice anything different from when I just use the masks alone.
Kathryn P.
It moisturizes the skin a little bit before mask application but I would not say it's worth the price. It doesn't make it any easier to remove masks either. The packing is nice but I would not repurchase.
Mia F.
I liked this to spray on before doing cream/liquid masks. I felt like it helped them glide on easier. I definitely do think you could pass on this product but if your extra like me I recommend trying it!
Cindy B.
Cleveland, OH
This feels great on your skin and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. However, I'm not 100% sure it makes a difference in the way my masks work.. Not sure how you would be able to tell either?
Jesenia F.
Lansing, IL
This is supposed to help your pores open before you do a mask treatment but It didn't meet my expectations. For something that feels like water save you money and wash your face with warm water instead.
Myrna L.
San Antonio, TX
Received this and at first I was like ok is this going to make a difference and I have to say it did. Use before you mask yourself spray it on and then add mask it's like it penetrates your skin better
Hannah D.
I lIked this product but I didn't love it. It left a sticky residue on my face and I didn't like that at all. However it did make my fave feel hydrated. So if you don't mind a sticky feeling go for it!
Kathleen C.
Hampstead, MD
I just started using this. For me, it takes something I do anyway and gives it a spa like feeling. I love a good mask. I'm not 100% sure what a primer does, but it makes me feel special while doing it.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester, NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.