BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
michelle b.
This product spreads on smoothly and feels good but it can't take the place of foundation. It doesn't cover any discolorations or blemishes on my face. I had to go back and put a foundation on top of it. And I don't like heavy foundation or makeup in general. Was hopeful I could use this for a more natural look.... similar to the old foundation ("Barely There " I think it was called, which I loved,that came in a tube). But this really doesn't look different from how I look with a basic moisterizer on. Very disappointed.
Krysten F.
When I put this on WOW! I just feel my face mask completely just soak into my skin and really get into my pores better than ever before. There's definitely a significant difference between using a face Mika with and without this product. You feel the results instantly, the way the mask just stays to your face so much better. Totally worth the buy if you're a face mask lover like me:)
nicole c.

I was really skeptical about this product, but I really enjoyed it. This basically functions as a mild toner before application of a face mask or other skincare. I Think that its good that this type of product does not have a fragrance. This feels refreshing, gives you a bit of moisture, & nicely preps your skin. My mask went on smoothly & afterwards my skin didn't feel tight or dry. Is this product a necessity? No, but I really enjoyed it!
Victoria N.
RIO RANCHO , NEW MEXICO
Just like your hair, your skin also needs extra attention when you are applying product. The origins skin optimising mask primer preps your skin to fully absorb the properties and benefits of origins masks. Thus allowing you to get more from your product & for your dollar. Well worth the purchase! I highly recommend.
Nicole L.
Marlborough, MA
I'm currently testing this since I received it in my monthly Sephora play box. I've used it with two different masks, a charcoal and a hydrating one. I haven't noticed much of a difference in results or my skin after using this prior to applying masks. I will finish my sample size but don't think it will be a repurchase.
Monique G.
Dsrt Hot Spgs, CA
I nlofe anything to do masks so the first i saw this was the first time that i even knew this exsisted i fell in love with it because i always had had problems applying my f a ce mask especially the freemans charcoal mask and also the peel away mask by free man i was never able to peel it off to smothly untill i seen thhis and used it i recommend any one with my problem buy it

(BM-136159) a.
DORAL, FL
I love this suf I use daily , since I see you first because I loved my face clean and Disappears these imperfections so ugly in my face, This product really makes the mask stick on and absorb into the skin. Makes the skin so soft! . Sé que este producto es un poco artificioso , Works great to prep your face for any of their masks - allows to work better and very refreshing
Sami M.
Friedens, PA
I honestly think this product works! Some people might think it's just a gimmick, but I feel like my masks set into my skin better with it. But the way it feels alone is enough to make me repurchase! It has such a cooling, purifying, soothing feel when you first spray it! Definitely a repurchase for me.
Monica G.
In all honesty I was pretty skeptical about this product. It says its supposed to help masks spread more evenly, and it definitely does that, but I'm not sure it's enough to sell me on it. My face felt nicely hydrated after the mask, however I find it difficult to justify the price tag and think its a bit of a gimmicky product. Feels nice, but ultimately not worth it.
Kathryn F.
Baton Rouge, LA
This is a very interesting concept. I definitely liked the way my skin felt and I suppose I could tell myself it felt "primed" for masking. I certainly don't have a reason to NOT like it. But, overall, I'm just not sure it is actually doing something. I THINK I felt like somehow one of my moisturizing masks worked a little better but that could totally be in my head. Honestly, not a "must have" product. But bonus point for ingenuity.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.