BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Charlotte S.
Sandy Hook, CT
I was very excited to try this product because I had heard a lot about it but was a little skeptical at first as to how well it would work. I was pleasantly surprised when I purchased this. It really preps your skin for whatever mask you decide to use after. It is light and refreshing and makes your skin feel clean even before the use of a mask.
Sadie S.
Kernersville
I love this stuff, but I do not like the type of spray bottle it has. It kind of only hits one part of your face when you spray it, rather than being like a mist and getting it all over your face.
Caroline F.
I too was skeptical at first, but this product is outstanding and I'm about to buy my 2nd bottle! It works well for under masks and hydrates well. My skin has gotten more dry recently. They say not to use this alone or under makeup but I do and it's NOT sticky. I've also spritzed it over makeup! Just one or two squirts is all you need and about 6 inches from your face! Feels super refreshing & my skin seems to notice! It feels more hydrated and radiant. I use this year round.
Morgan  B.
I saw this product reviewed a lot on Youtube and I am a frequent user of face masks so I thought I would try it. I really liked it and it left my face feeling bright and fresh. For the brand I thought it was priced pretty normally. I don't think this product is a necessity so I probably won't buy it again but was a nice touch if you want to treat yourself!
Aixa C.
Although its presentation is a little intimidating do not forget to prove it is a product that to the end moisturizes a lot for dry skin would be the maximum.
Contains some agents that leaves your skin soft, moisturized and beautiful. Your skin improves considerably
Anthea S.
Rcho Sta Marg, CA
I was excited to try this since I'm a devoted user of face masks in general,
but I honestly couldn't see any benefit to using this. I tried it under several different masks, but I don't think it made a difference to the masks' performance. Using water is just as effective. I gave it two stars because it didn't negatively affect my skin.
Jen P.
Firstly, I am a tremendous fan of Origins. Ever since I started using products from this brand 7 years ago, my skin has been completely transformed, so when they came out with this mask primer I was excited. I wondered if it would really make a difference in how my masks performed. I found that it performed really well with the Origins Charcoal mask, but I've not seen the same effects with other masks. Sadly, this is not a product I'll be repurchasing.
Brigée M.
Saint Bernard, LA
I received a small sample of this product from my Play! by Sephora subscription box. I was able to get two uses out of it, so I couldn't really make a decision on whether I liked it or not. I noticed it made my skin a bit more glowy, which I am a fan of. If you like masks I think this would be a nice product to add to your weekly mask routine.
Kim S.
Orlando, FL
I use this before both mud/charcoal masks as well as before sheet masks. It has a lovely minty scent and feels very refreshing. Once you pay it into the skin you are prepped and ready for your mask. I definitely feel like it improves the benefits you see from your masks, allowing them to more deeply cleanse and moisturize your skin.
Danielle Z.
I really love origins products. While this a little pricey in my opinion, I always love to splurge on skincare because it's so important. I do like this product, but I am unsure if I will purchase this again because I didn't see a huge change, and would rather spend my money on another product that could make a bigger difference.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.