BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

Buy on Sephora
  • "feels pretty good against my face. i like that it adds hydration to my face before i mask because i dont like putting face masks on not moist skin." in 325 reviews
Caitlin D.
Parkville, MD
gimicky product, the spray is not fine and I end up having to spray into my hands and then pat on face, don't feel like it does anything special for my masks. Will not re-purchase
Rochelle D.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
I honestly don't know what my review is about this. I received a sample of this at Sephora and used the same mask with this and without it and I don't know that I can honestly say I noticed a difference. I used this with an origins overnight mask and I don't believe I can say I noticed a difference when I used this. The spray feels refreshing on the face but that is about all that I can give an honest review about. This is not a product I will most likely purchase in the future
Jenn S.
Dallas, TX
I bought this product out of curiosity. I am a huge fan of face masks and wanted to see if this would make your skin feel even more amazing afterwards. I really did notice a difference. The only reason I gave this four stars instead of five is because it really isn't THAT necessary if you have a good face cleaner at home already. This product acts as a toner before you apply a mask so that all oils, dirt, and makeup are removed. It really lets your skin get the maximum effect from the mask. This applies lightly and does not contain too much scent. I have sensitive skin and it did not dry me out or cause any breakouts. I would recommend to any avid mask user, otherwise you probably won't have a use for it.
Analisa S.
Super hydrating spray! It helps all my masks to absorb better into the skin without diluting the product. The nozzle works really well and puts the products all over the face.
Leslie M.
Not very good, at least not for my skin. Maybe will try it again in the future. I used it after i have birth and hormones are still in the system. Will give it a try later.
Samantha J.
Chicago
I mean I don't noticed a difference if I use this or not. So I mean i wouldn't go out if my way to buy it but it came in a sample pack I received in a gift so I use it.
Brittney B.
Mahopac, NY
A skin primer .... yes I thought pointless and a waste of money too. I received a sample of this in my Sephora PLAY monthly box subscription and used it before applying the origins charcoal mask that also came with it and I must say my face has never been as soft after one use. It really did make the mask cling to my skin and work better than when I used it without it. I don't know if I'll purchase the bottle but I'm tempted a little goes along way.
olivia v.
This is a really great product if you have a mask that you don't want to use up too fast. My glamglow treatment was way too expensive so I'm trying to make it last as long as possible. Spraying this on beforehand has made it so much more spreadable, and therefore, i use less of the product. I'm not sure if it really optimizes or boosts the skin, but i will definitely be purchasing this product in the future because it helps me save expensive masks!
Sara H.
I'm only giving this product 2/5 stars because I did not really see any difference in my mask. I used the primer with other origins masks and they did great, but not necessarily any better than they would have without the primer. However, I love the concept and maybe if I used it for a prolonged amount of time I would be able to tell a difference if it was with another mask that I had used a lot without the primer.
Kayla J.
Picayune
Ehhhhh I'm not really sure if this is worth the money or not. I've used it a handful of times (when I actually remember to use it) and I didn't really see how it made a difference. The mask worked the same way it would have without a primer. It literally felt like I was just spritzing my face with water. I will use what I have but I don't know that I would buy again. Maybe after using it more I'll change my mind.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.