BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Kayla J.
Picayune
Ehhhhh I'm not really sure if this is worth the money or not. I've used it a handful of times (when I actually remember to use it) and I didn't really see how it made a difference. The mask worked the same way it would have without a primer. It literally felt like I was just spritzing my face with water. I will use what I have but I don't know that I would buy again. Maybe after using it more I'll change my mind.
Sara H.
I'm only giving this product 2/5 stars because I did not really see any difference in my mask. I used the primer with other origins masks and they did great, but not necessarily any better than they would have without the primer. However, I love the concept and maybe if I used it for a prolonged amount of time I would be able to tell a difference if it was with another mask that I had used a lot without the primer.
Kira D.
Summerfield, FL
I love this product. Any skin maximizer to prep your skin for a mask is always a wise choice. This one is convenient in a spray bottle, is from a brand I trust, and smells nice. It seems to actually work, too, compared to not using using any skin prep before a mask. I use this before applying my settings as well, until I get a skin prep for that.

Add it to your routine! It's affordable too, a great thing about this company.
Mariah D.
I have always had very dry skin in my T-zone and the outer edges of my nose. After I started using this priming spray, I now have beautiful MOISTURIZED skin under my makeup, it is no longer dry and flakey looking!
Emily M.
Prophetstown, IL
I tried a sample of this when I purchased some Origins masks. It has a nice refreshing feeling and a light sea salt kind of scent. I think I would repurchase it, though I love doing masks frequently. I'm not sure it's necessary, but it feels so nice on the skin it's kind of an aromatherapeutic step more than anything. It does soften and prep the skin well, so I may even splash it on before serum.
Brooke A.
South Jordan, UT
I tried this with a variety of masks and only noticed a difference with overnight masks. For example, if I used it with a hydrating overnight mask, the mask would hydrate my skin more than it usually does. My guess is that, like with face primers, the glycerin it it helped the mask apply more evenly and stick to my skin better. I don't think it makes enough of a difference to be worth the money.
Jenna V.
I got this as a deluxe sample. I use it frequently before the origins mask. It's not bad but it just feels like water. It doesn't really do anything. It's just one of those extra steps that is all hyped up.
Bhavna S.
Astoria, NY
I love this mist! It's very light and refreshing but I still felt like I had to go in with a primer for the smoothing portion in the skin but I do like it for a light wash of misting and for an every day use. It doesn't do much for the pores and such and especially if you have problem proned skin but it will form as a nice barrier for the makeup to last and overall health of ur skin
Emily D.
S Hutchinson, KS
This is a skin prepping spray to use before using masks. It was super easy to apply since it is in spray format compared to having to rub like a cream. Just a couple spritz and your good to go. I can say it was quite refreshing! It does have good beneficial ingredients so none-the-less it IS benefiting your skin though it's hard to say if in relation with applying masks.
Morgan K.
Dothan, AL
I received a deluxe sample of this by redeeming points on sephora. I have used this product a few times with various types of masks (mud, cream, and sheet) and I haven't really been able to tell if it made a difference. I haven't noticed any negative effects, and i feel like I'm pampering myself when I use it, but I'm not sure I would pay money for this product.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.