Add a Photo

By ORIGINS
#19 in Serums
A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates
Photos (12)
Savannah R.
Savannah R.
Greenville, SC

The idea of a mask primer intrigued me- it claims to hydrate your skin and increase the effectiveness of the mask you use. I did feel more hydrated after using this, but haven't seen if it makes my masks more potent. I like to use this primer with the charcoal mask by Origins.
Mackenzie U.
Mackenzie U.

This primer really helped my skin absorb the mask better and felt that it applied much easier! I was skeptical about this product but I truly feel it made a difference in application, wear while the mask dried, and that my skin had better results with the origin charcoal mask.
yanira R.
yanira R.
Uniondale, NY

Leaves your skin feeling refreshed. I got a small sample of it and deff repurchased! You don't have to use it as a mask primer I usually just spray some on to get a fresh clean feeling it's very gentle. I would recommend to others if your a fan of facial sprays deff purchase.
Jessica L.
Jessica L.

It is a good idea and I do feel that it works well with mud masks that are high end. I have used it on one of the cheap cucumber peel offs and it didn't make a difference but I really like the scent and when you take your mask off your skin feels nice and refreshed and light.
Ronnie B.
Ronnie B.
Greensboro, NC

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand the point of this. I'm pretty up on all the skincare trends and this just seems like a blatant money ploy. Sure, it smells nice and its lightly moisturizing, but I think it's totally unnecessary, especially given the price.
Ginger J.
Ginger J.
Danville, KY

This product is AWESOME! It is light weight and easy to apply adding a glow to my skin after applying my makeup. It is effective in helping my makeup stay on throughout the day. I ordered this product online after talking to one of my friends who uses it. Was so happy I did.
Nicole S.
Nicole S.

I'll be honest. I didn't have super high hopes for this product. I get what it's suppose to do. But I did not see a difference when using my masks. If it wasn't as pricey as it is- I would have thought it's nice for drenching your skin before a mask. But I'll stick to water.
Ventura S.
Ventura S.
Rapid City, SD

Was refreshing and moisturizing but I didn't notice any big differences in mask performance when I used it with masks I already was familiar with. Tried with origins masks and other brands. Fun but not worth the extra money in my opinion seems overall like a regular toner.
Misty L.
Misty L.

Before applying origins intensive overnight mask, I'd first apply the primer. My face felt hydrated and youthful. The primer definitely helps keep the moisture in place. My best friend noticed a big difference in my face; it was smoothr and tighter after only a few uses!!
Dawn M.
Dawn M.

I just received a sample of this on my Sephora play box. I didn't really notice a difference in using this with my mask. I guess it good if you want a spa like experience at home. It's a great refresher for the skin but I just didn't notice a huge difference when using it.
Katrina S.

Rochester, NY

Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, Ma

Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.
Kayla B.
Kayla B.

Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY

Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?

Join Now