BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Meagan L.
Orlando, FL
I love the Origins brand, although its a little pricey I have never been disappointed. This primer was so exception, I've tried a few of their masks and lotions before and this primer definitely makes my skin not feel so dry after.
Alexandra L.
I love this product. It makes your face feel very soft and it leaves a lot of moisture. It also has a plumping effect which is also very nice. I feel like the spray is way to strong but other than that I would really use it again.
Yesenia G.
I love it. This leaving my skin feeling amazing and it smells great. The only downside is that the first few times I used it my skin was really irritated and I broke out but after I kept trying it my skin adjusted to the formula.
Miriam A.
This is a nice product to easily hydrate the skin before a mask, or as a toner spray. I wouldn't say it is necessary as I haven't noticed extreme differences, but I do find it refreshing and nice to apply before a drying mask.
Linda B.
A product a never knew I needed in my life! It's a product that you place under your mask so that when you place your mask on, it helps seal moisture into your face. I would definitely buy again and I get a lot of uses from it
Jackie B.
I don't really notice a difference in the effectiveness of my masks with this product. It's very watery and has no smell. I think using a toner before a mask is just as good as this. I wouldn't waste my money on this product.
Michelle B.
Olney, MD
I'm not sure what this product is supposed to do. I tried it for about a week prior to using an origins mask (which I love) and quite frankly, the mask seems to work just as well without it. This seems fairly gimmicky to me.
Aaryn S.
APO, AE
It didn't tighten my face up and didn't dry face up. I tend to have a problem with skin blemishes during a certain time of the month and a lot of products tend to inflame them but this product is one of the few that didn't.
Kierstin B.
Kernersville, NC
I love this! The maskimizer is optimal in peeping your skin before using a face mask or treatment. I love spraying on my face before because it really hydrates and refreshes the skin. It also helps to remove tough masks
Iris R.
Kansas City, MO
I don't feel like this really did anything for me. The masks I did feel the same as when applied to a clean face as instructed.
This didn't have an over powering smell and was hydrating, but just doesn't seem necessary
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Kayla B.
Mary S.
Rochester, NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.