BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Leslie S.
Parker, CO
I tried Origins Maskimizer Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer before I used their awesome charcoal mask. I was very impressed with how much moisture it gave my skin. I have dry skin normally, and my skin felt so smooth after using this. I think it really helped my skin get the best benefit from my mask. I never would have thought my skin needed a "primer" before a mask. I tried a sample first, and immediately bought the full size product. My skin feels much better after using this before my mask!
Delaney S.
Reading, MA
I bought this online from Sephora because I have never heard of a product like this before. I love origins products, especially their masks so I figured I would give it a try. I wish this spray came out as more of a mist because when I first sprayed it on my face it was more like a stream of water. Usually now instead of spraying it directly onto my face I spray it into my hands and pat it on my face before applying a face mask. It definitely helps to optimize the effects of any mask I use.
Shante A.
Los Angeles, CA
I received a sample of this along with an overnight mask in a Sephora play box. At first I was interested, but then I realized this step is just so extra and often times found myself forgetting to use it. This product has no smell, is not irritating to the eyes, it's not sticky. It feels and looks exactly like spraying water on your face. I would not repurchase. I did like the overnight mask it came with though.
Caitlin D.
Parkville, MD
gimicky product, the spray is not fine and I end up having to spray into my hands and then pat on face, don't feel like it does anything special for my masks. Will not re-purchase
Rochelle D.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
I honestly don't know what my review is about this. I received a sample of this at Sephora and used the same mask with this and without it and I don't know that I can honestly say I noticed a difference. I used this with an origins overnight mask and I don't believe I can say I noticed a difference when I used this. The spray feels refreshing on the face but that is about all that I can give an honest review about. This is not a product I will most likely purchase in the future
Analisa S.
Super hydrating spray! It helps all my masks to absorb better into the skin without diluting the product. The nozzle works really well and puts the products all over the face.
Jenn S.
Dallas, TX
I bought this product out of curiosity. I am a huge fan of face masks and wanted to see if this would make your skin feel even more amazing afterwards. I really did notice a difference. The only reason I gave this four stars instead of five is because it really isn't THAT necessary if you have a good face cleaner at home already. This product acts as a toner before you apply a mask so that all oils, dirt, and makeup are removed. It really lets your skin get the maximum effect from the mask. This applies lightly and does not contain too much scent. I have sensitive skin and it did not dry me out or cause any breakouts. I would recommend to any avid mask user, otherwise you probably won't have a use for it.
Leslie M.
Not very good, at least not for my skin. Maybe will try it again in the future. I used it after i have birth and hormones are still in the system. Will give it a try later.
Samantha J.
Chicago
I mean I don't noticed a difference if I use this or not. So I mean i wouldn't go out if my way to buy it but it came in a sample pack I received in a gift so I use it.
Brittney B.
Mahopac, NY
A skin primer .... yes I thought pointless and a waste of money too. I received a sample of this in my Sephora PLAY monthly box subscription and used it before applying the origins charcoal mask that also came with it and I must say my face has never been as soft after one use. It really did make the mask cling to my skin and work better than when I used it without it. I don't know if I'll purchase the bottle but I'm tempted a little goes along way.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.