BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Naiyeli R.
This is a must have product ! I use it every time I mask. It is easy and effortless to use. You spray it on before any mask to get the most out of each mask. I like that you can use this with any brand of mask.
Vivian T.
S San Fran, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I didn't even know mask primers existed til this. You spray your skin and pat it on right. Wait for it to dry, then put on you face masks. It smells SOOOO good. I love it. It made my mask feel so much better.
Yasminah S.
This keeps my face feeling fresh and hydrated. I have oily skin so after using a mask that dries my skin out I use this and it gives my face a nice and hydrated feeling. I recommend
Priscilla A.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
The smell is amazing! A bit too expensive but I received a half a bottle from my sister and I fell in love. Moisturized perfect and is suitable for all skin types, even oily ones.
Katelyn D.
Gauley Bridge
Helped apply my makeup so nicely and left a lot of moisture in my skin! But it was very oily and felt less like a primer and was not very refreshing after it soaked into the skin.
Kristen S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
It was hard for me to tell if this actually did anything. I'm assuming it helps the mask penetrate the skin but that's only based on the fact that Origins is a reputable company.
Angela C.
Burlington, New Jersey
its honestly not worth the money i feel like it doesnt do anything a toner you might already have that u might want to use as a prep for face masking. therefore i do not like this but i will continue to use mine up. its just extra
Amy Y.
I know this product is a bit gimmicky, which is why there is a reduction in the number of stars. In my opinion, the same exact results can be achieved with a good toner or mist. Calling it a mask primer is basically just marketing to make this product seem new... another way for beauty companies to convince you that you need to buy more. That being said, I think this mist is pretty nice. The scent is unoffensive, and the mist coats my face evenly. It does the job of opening my pores for whatever mask I will use.
Kim O.
Steubenville, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love facial masks but this one was one of my favorites by far, My face felt so soft and when I used it before bed, my face still felt soft when I woke up the next morning
Kimberly Z.
Redwood City, CA
I was really skeptical about purchasing a mask primer because it seemed like an unnecessary extra step. However, some of my favorite masks and face wash products to use during breakouts starting causing my skin to feel and look dry, so it seems worth a try. The Maskimizer definitely exceeded my expectations. After regularly integrating it into my use with masks, my skin is considerably more hydrated and no longer looks dry. I even use it without a mask, after washing my face or even prior to using foundation. A light mist is refreshing and hydrating. In addition to having dryness prone skin, my face is also extremely sensitive. I had no adverse effects after using the Maskimizer; it makes my skin feel hydrated and soft! I would recommend this product to those with sensitive skin prone to dryness as part of a facial beauty routine.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Kayla B.
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Vindia Z.
Inglewood, CA
is this something worth splurging for? i've had my eye on it but not sure if i should bite the bullet or if i really need it.