BY ORIGINS

A skin-optimizing pre-treatment for masking. Maskimizer™ Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer preps, primes, and optimizes skin for mask to follow. It improves spreadability and rinseability of masks while hydrating, soothing, and boosting skin's radiance immediately. Great for use with every type of mask except peel-off, it softens skin and boosts hydration levels. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates see more...

• I've seen some things about these mask primers and I'm a little s...2 Answers
  • Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a f...2 Answers
  • How effective do you think this pre-mask treatmen... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Kaleb F.
Boston
This is a great add-on for people like me who simply love masks! I must this over my clean and dry face before applying any mask and I find it helps set the skin to enhance the effectiveness of the masks I use.

Some people think a mask primer like this is gimmicky and not worth it, but if you have the extra money I highly suggest the Maskimizer. I think I have seen better results with all my masks since I have started using this product.
Kesha P.
Spartanburg
This primer does have the tendency to burn my skin, and it burns a lot. However, it does a good job of prepping my skin for whatever mask I am about to put on. But, for the price, I don’t really find it essential and completely worth it.
Logan P.
Herndon
This was an absolutely amazing cleanser . One of the best I have ever used. It really made my face look and feel so amazingly beautiful. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good cleanser that works wonders for your face.
Sunev A.
woodbridge
The lady at the store tested this on half of my face with a mask and the other half without the maskinizibg spray! The difference is the soray pulls more dirt off your face then the side without it. Definitely worth the buy!
Heather B.
I got a small sample of this in a Sephora GWP a few months back and I've just about used up the bottle. This product is super helpful for making those facial masks work as hard as possible. I generally apply my masks on a clean dry face after spraying this 2-3 times and patting in with my hands.
Katy P.
dover plains
I was a first time user to this primer. It was effective and kept the mask on tight. The formula was gentle on the skin and wasn’t a pain to remove. I would recommend this to anyone who uses masks on a daily or weekly basis.
Salina S.
I give this product three because it doesn’t give me negative results, but I don’t notice a significant difference when I do use it. I received this as a deluxe sized sample, I would not purchase the full size product.
Janae M.
This is such a wonderful product that truly works!!! Great results! Leaves your skin with a nice and fresh scent!!!! I love their products! I cannot wait to use this product again! I highly recommend trying this out!
Katie L.
Bronx
Amazing product and must have for deeper impact of your weekly mask ritual. This spray helps your skin prepare for the deep cleaning impact of the mask and lasting impacts. I use this every time I mask. It's amazing.
Brittany F.
Scottsdale, AZ
I really don’t know that the maximizer does that much to improve the results of face masks. Personally, I think it’s an unnecessary product. I mean, I could see a few potential benefits from this - it essentially acts as a toner, and I can see how it would be helpful with clay masks by keeping them moist while you apply to the rest of your face. Now, keep in mind, for other skin types, this may be wonderful! My skin is pretty “normal”, not oily nor dry. I spoke with a Sephora employee about this product and she said that with some kinds of masks, this will show benefits after usage, but with others, it won’t. I tried it but I didn't notice any results, even after multiple uses. For me, it just isn’t worth it.
Katrina S.
Algonquin, IL
Mary S.
Rochester , NY
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is this something that can actually help the process of doing a facemask?
Kayla B.
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
Does anyone notice a difference while using this? I've only used it once and it was with their charcoal mask.