Origins GinZing™ Energy-Boosting Gel MoisturizerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY ORIGINS #7 in Facial Moisturizers

This lightweight, oil-free, energizing moisturizer instantly hydrates and revs up radiance. It's fortified with legendary skin-boosters like Panax Ginseng and Coffee Bean. Lackluster-looking skin is rapidly refreshed and revitalized to create a healthy, vibrant glow.

Buy on Sephora*
Kristina J.
Kristina J.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
As a girl with extremely sensitive and dry skin, I have definitely had my fair share of moisturizer experiences. Some creams dry my skin out even more or break me out, but not this one. This one does just the trick. I recommend it to literally anyone who comes to me for beauty advice (which is all of my friends). It is light, not greasy, citrus smell (not overwhelming), and moisturizing. Looks great under makeup, and does wonders for dry and sensitive skin. I find it really is moisturizing as well as brightening. My favorite thing about this is how light it is. Oftentimes great creams will also be thick but this has such a nice texture and feel, you honestly forget you are wearing it! I have been using this for about two years and just cant find anything that is as effective or affordable. Pick it up at Sephora around the Holidays and you can typically get this full size product as well as a couple other Origins goodies for the price of just the moisturizer. Love this product!
Erica D.
Erica D.
Dalton, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I initially received this as a deluxe sample. I liked it so much that I purchased the full sized version from the Origins website. While the sample was in a tube, the full sized version is in a jar. I usually refrain from buying health and beauty products in jar since bacteria transfers so easily even if one washes one's hands. Besides from the container issue, do know that applying foundation, BBs or CCs, or tinted moisturizers is nearly impossible. The moisturizer peels off or degrades into clumps as you attempt to apply it. I have tried Bare Minerals Matte Powder foundation, Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, and Stila Aqua Glow ... All with the same results. Now, the product is good for those times you get home early, take off your makeup, and just want to treat yourself. It could also be good for those who want a pop of moisture at bedtime (but it is a little sticky). In sum, I like it but it is really difficult to see how it works into one's regimen.
Rachel K.
Rachel K.
Shreveport, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am a very picky moisturizer girl. I live in the south where it's hot and humid most of the year. I can't stand the feel of moisturizer on my face. All it seems to do is sweat off anyway. Plus it generally leaves a greasy feel and more shine than I can stand. If you have even combination skin many will understand what I mean, especially if you live in hot climates. But this, THIS moisturizer is great! It leaves my skin feeling a bit cool, which is refreshing in this heat, and it's not all thick. It doesn't take much as a little goes a long way and it soaks into my skin better than most department store brand moisturizers I've tried. I really like it most for the cooling effect and second for how it soaks in and doesn't stand out. I still just put on a very small amount but at least this is one I can wear during the day and not just at night which is what many other of my moisturizers have been delegated to.
Amy T.
Amy T.
Reisterstown, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is amazing!!!! First of all it smells fantastic secondly it's a great moisturizer that absorbs really well into the skin. a little goes a long way. It does not feel greasy or sticky and that's what I look for in a moisturizer personally. I want something that's gonna actually do what it's supposed to, something that I'm gonna enjoy putting on my skin cause it smells great but not over powering, and a moisturizer that isn't gonna leave my skin feeling gross like I need to wash it again. I do have combination skin so if you have really dry skin like extremely dry you might wanna try something else but if your skin is normal, oily. or combo this is perfect for you, Also this works really well under makeup:)
Christy C.
Christy C.
Origins is one of my favorite brands for all sorts of moisturizers, creams, etc. The scent of this particular moisturizer is so lovely and not overpowering. This absorbs quickly by my skin instead of sitting on top of the skin. It's not heavy. It's very light. A little goes a long way and lasts a long time. The ingredients in Origins products are some of the best and they leave out all the yucky ingredients that are bad for you and the environment. Honestly, I cannot say enough about the brand itself or their products. If I can find a product made by Origins, that's what I buy before another brand. I have that much confidence in the brand and the products. You can't go wrong with this moisturizer.
Amy K.
Amy K.
Bellingham, WA
I have oily-combination skin that's also very sensitive and acne prone. I picked this up when my skin was acting up and having some type of reaction, it was red, puffy, and bumpy. I've heard good things about Origins so I decided to give it a shot. I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer. It completely calmed down my skin and improved the texture. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave your face feeling greasy. It doesn't make me oily or break me out which is very rare. This product is absolutely amazing and I would recommend it for people with dry skin as well because it really does moisturizes without being overly heavy.
Marissa O.
Marissa O.
Creekside, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this in a kit I bought from Sephora mainly bc I wanted to try some different things especially the charcoal mask. That being said I would not repurchase this product alone. It's a bit irritating sometimes depending on how my skin is. And doesn't give noticeable moisture to my oily/combo skin. It smells nice but based on Paula's choice its a bit artificial. Had I did research beforehand I wouldn't have purchased. I definitely think origins has better options. I'm of course going to finish this up because of the price, and then I think I'll try the cetaphil moisturizer since its non comedogenic.
Lydia R.
Lydia R.
New York
Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer is a beautiful lightweight everyday moisturizer. It smells lovely, nostalgic, like orange juice or a creamsicle. This is the first time I have ever used it and it absolutely met my expectations. I purchased it at a Sephora, the only improvement I would make is make the formula a little richer maybe? It is a little too light for my dry skin-type. However someone with oilier skin would probably find it perfect. Perfect for anyone with oily to normal skin types, who want a quick energy-boosting cream for the morning.
Varsha S.
Varsha S.
San ramon, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had bought this product after reading a lot of reviews. Since I have combination skin I wanted something that would moisturize my skin and a the same time not leave it looking super oily. GinZing was a such a pleasure to apply, the packaging is very cute . The texture was not too heavy on the skin and also the smell was so refreshing. I applied it daily morning and night. In the morning when I apply the smell wakes me up since it is so refreshing . Left my skin feeling very soft and supple. Have to order my second tub since the first one is almost over.
Veronica R.
Veronica R.
Sarasota, FL
Lovely day cream. Light-weight and layers well with make up. Nothing out of this world, but really smells great and feels very refreshing on the skin. I wish Origins in general would switch over to pump or squeeze tube packaging. I love little pots aesthetically, but dipping your finger in the project every time isn't very hygienic. The second that the product touches oxygen its at risk from bacteria and any airborne contaminants. Nit-picky, but I love their products and at the price point, you want what you pay for.
Allie B.
Allie B.
Franklin , IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this product good for oily/acne prone skin?
Brittany B.
Brittany B.
Does this make your skin feel oily?
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
What benefits does this have? Will it tighten my skin? Brighten?
Mae M.
Mae M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Im searching for a new moisturizer and been eyeing this one, is this a good moisturizer for oily, acne prone skin?
Kristina F.
Kristina F.
Vancouver, BC
Does this cream have any SPF protection?