BY ORIGINS #14 in Facial Moisturizers

This lightweight, oil-free, energizing moisturizer instantly hydrates and revs up radiance. It's fortified with legendary skin-boosters like Panax Ginseng and Coffee Bean. Lackluster-looking skin is rapidly refreshed and revitalized to create a healthy, vibrant glow.

Buy on Sephora*
  • "It must be the ginseng and coffee bean that is helping my face look refreshed and radiant for the day! There has definitely been a noticeable difference since I started using this product. I wear it daily along with the eye cream. Moisturizing and love that it's parebens free! " in 352 reviews
  • "I was so excited to see this along with an entire skin care system at Sephora as one of the VIB 500 point rewards. I had only had samples of Origins products but have always heard wonderful things about them. I was not let down, this moisturizer rocks! I have aging, dry skin and it sinks in beautifully leaving a great hydrated surface to apply my makeup to. I sometimes use a powder foundation which can be difficult with my dry skin, however with this on underneath it takes little effort at all and leaves a flawless, dry patch free, finish. I also use the accompanying product at night after Retin A treatment and the entire system just works beautifully with each other." in 214 reviews
  • "This moisturizer has a fabulous feel on the skin. I have sensitive skin also, and this didn't irritate my skin in the slightest. The feel is light and cool. Highly recommend." in 174 reviews
Christine M.
Westerville, OH
I really do like this moisturizer.  It has an awesome citrus smell and goes on very light without leaving my face feeling oily or heavy.  Since it is gel based, I found that it may not be hydrating enough in the winter months.  In the summer, it is perfect for both that it is lightweight and the smell is very refreshing.  I have breakout prone skin when using new products and this one did not cause me any breakouts.  The price is a little high for a moisturizer that I can only use in the warm seasons but I do like to keep it on hand for those days when I need just a light moisturizer or if I just want a super refreshing smell in my moisturizer.  My suggestion is that if you have dry skin, you may want something a little heavier.
courtney j.
Lawrenceville, GA
Wow! These products MAY have changed my life! Or at least my
skincare routine! I use all 3 products every day and have for about a month now
and I am impressed!

Never in my life have I found an under eye cream that
actually showed visible results but NOW I have!

My dark circles are not completely gone, but much, much
lighter. The skin around my eyes is tighter, more youthful looking. The cream
has sort of a luster to it. Not quite a shimmer, but it just totally works. It
makes my eyes look bright and I look forward to using it daily! You only need a
little so it WILL last for several months!

The face wash is amazing. The exfoliation isn't too rough on
my sensitive skin and it smells awesome! Great for a perk of energy during my
morning shower! Leaves my skin feeling clean, fresh, and firm!

The gel moisturizer is my absolute favorite of the 3 and
probably favorite product of ALLLLLLLLLL time! Its cool and refreshing, smells
super yummy, and best of all keeps my skin clear and moisturized! My face hasnt
been this clear in years! I really love this product more than I can say.

Fully worth the price, absolutely would recommend to
anyone!! Gentle on sensitive skin! Does what it says it will do!
Pippa Z.
Waltham
So I have combination skin and I tend to be a bit more dry around my chin and cheeks. So I was looking for an effective moisturizer that wouldn’t irritate my skin but that would also not make me oily. This product is very effective. Within a week my skin was really soft and hydrated and you don’t need a lot. You can dip your finger in once and dot it all over your face and it will be the perfect amount. The price I think is fair because you do get a lot of product and the ingredients are very good. I had tried this previously as a sample and it was totally worth getting the full size. Definite try if you have been looking for a good gel moisturizer! Origins GinZing™ Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer
Kym B.
Denver, CO
I love how this moisturizer feels when you put it on. It soaks right into your skin and has a nice fragrance to it, which is rare for me to say because I typically prefer no fragrance. I have very dry skin so I need all the moisture I can get, but I don't want it to feel too heavy. This one has a light, almost gel texture to it, and feels light going on but still seems to deliver a moisture punch. I put it on over argan oil, and the two work well together.

The only thing I wish this one had was an SPF because I still have to add that over it. But this makes my skin nice and soft and while I can't attest to it giving my skin energy, it does add a glow to my skin and make it not look so old.
Ivanna N.
Medford, MA
This product is absolutely perfect and AMAZING! Even though I am first timer user of this moisturizer, I fell in love from when I first bought and applied it to my skin. I definitely saw my skin more radiant and "awake". Plus it smells so delicious!

I would say that a decent price for a great moisturizer, it is for dry, normal and oily skin types and I have combination skin. It has not made my face more oily or even too dry. This product along with Origins Never a Dull Moment face polish has made my face appear more "awake" and not tired looking.
Krista C.
I'm really torn on this product, but hear me out.  This gel moisturizer works great!  It's cooling, just melts so nicely into the skin and makes my face feel amazing.  But...I can NOT get past the smell.  I love citrus scented products, but this one is too much.  The orange scent smells artificial and the product smells identical to the GOJO ORANGE in mechanic shops used to clean grease off your hands.  Literally smells identical.  I can't use it on my face.  If you have no idea what that stuff is, then I highly recommend this, if you do, you'll never see this the same again.
Emily L.
Middle Vlg, NY
I bought this moisturizer after hearing about all the hype around this line from origins. Since I have oily skin, I thought a gel moisturizer would be a perfect fit. However, after using it for about a month, a month and a half, I haven't seen anything amazing or outstanding about it. It does indeed have a nice citrus smell to it,  but don't worry, it doesn't linger throughout the day (if you're not a fan of citrus). However, besides that, I don't see anything to rave about. I will continue to use this because it's not a bad moisturizer at all, but I'll stick to the moisturizer from clinque instead.
Helen E.
Denver, CO
This product is meh to me. I've used it after using the ginzing peel off face mask or after cleansing face with other makeup cleansers. It smells very strong, and if you're sensitive to fragerences that are citrusy and almost smell like alcohol, would not recommend this product. However quality wise, it goes on very thin and cools the skin as well as tightens it up a bit. I have combination/oily skin and this product does an ok job and helping my skin out with oil levels but not more so than other moisturizers that I've used. Would recommend some sample use before buying.
🌻Alexis S.
This was one of my all-time favorite products. Ever since I put the matte willowherb moisturizer on my face and had such a bad reaction, my skin actually has felt pretty stiff when applying this one, which has me wondering--is this product's smoothing and "moisturizing" effect only attributed to the silicones and forms of glycerine listed as the top ingredients in the product ? Ginseng root is the 21st ingredient in the product, by the way. I've been thinking about switching to Andalou Naturals Probiotic + C Renewal Cream for a while, as the ingredients seem more beneficial (and I love andalou products!).
Araceli H.
Oakland, CA
I'd give this a 3.5. It smells great, it feels great and I like the price... it's just not moisturizing enough for me. It does moisturize, mind you, it's just not enough for my dry skin. When I use this moisturizer my skin still feels a little tight afterwards. When I use this moisturizer before I put on foundation my skin still flakes under the makeup, I have other foundations that help a lot better with flakiness. Not the best for me, but I would definitely recommend for people with slightly less dry skin than me.
Allie B.
Franklin , IN
Is this product good for oily/acne prone skin?
Brittany B.
Does this make your skin feel oily?
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
What benefits does this have? Will it tighten my skin? Brighten?
Mae M.
Im searching for a new moisturizer and been eyeing this one, is this a good moisturizer for oily, acne prone skin?
Kristina F.
Vancouver, BC
Does this cream have any SPF protection?