BY ORIGINS #20 in Face Masks

Overnight mask to quench skin s thirst Skin depends on water for its youthful functioning. But all day long, skin loses vital moisture. And the busier you are, the more it loses. This intense moisture replacement mask with Avocado and Apricot Kernel Oil deeply and instantly quenches compromised moisture reserves and builds a reservoir for tomorrow. Japanese Seaweed repairs skin s barrier to prevent future dehydration and signs of premature aging. Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

Buy on Sephora*
  • "It's a rich moisturizer that is perfect for dry skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue behind." in 4 reviews
  • "I give it a B because (although it does indicate it's only for overnight use) it is really thick so you have to make sure you wash it all off well in the morning or else it leaves a sort of residue on your face." in 1 review
  • "It works great as a moisturizer, but is very thick and seems to make me oily so I only use it at night (like it says)." in 1 review
  • "I have very dry skin and I use this about twice a week before bed." in 1 review
Katherine F.
Cary, NC
I feel somewhat ambivalent about this product. I have dry, sensitive skin, so I am always looking for masks that hydrate and soothe. I got this in my latest Sephora Play! Box and was excited to try.

It almost tingled when I put it on but didn't burn or feel highly uncomfortable. It has a very pleasant citrus-y scent and things with natural citrus in them often irritate my skin a little. The sensation went away, however. Despite putting a thick layer on my face (you could definitely tell there was white goo all over it when I applied) I left it on during a bath and it sunk into the skin entirely. This is definitely important in any overnight mask so that you can actually reasonably expect to sleep in it

I didn't feel like I had any miraculous effects from this product, though. My skin didn't feel any more plump or soft than if I had just used my regular moisturizer. It was pleasant enough, but not spectacular. I won't be purchasing.
Mariah R.
Eden Prairie, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love that you can get little sample packets of this because it's always better to try skincare out before getting a full sized bottle (in case it makes you break out, etc.). I tried this out and first of all, it has an amazing scent to it. I hate when masks smell funny - especially if it's an overnight mask. You can leave this on for 10 minutes and then wipe/wash off, or leave it on overnight. When I've tried it, I've left it on overnight, and in the morning, my skin was very smooth and soft. However, I think going forward, I'll only keep it on for 10 minutes. Both times after I used this over night, I had one pimple or red spot pop up on my face later the following day. I'm not sure if it was from switching up skin care or from leaving this on overnight. Again, I'm glad I didn't purchase the full size and then realize this. I like this so far, but don't know if I will end up buying the full size version.
Angela L.
Saint Louis, MO
First of all, this smells amazing - very fresh and green (after water, the top ingredients are rosewater, myrtle leaf water, bitter orange flower water, and chamomile flowers extract). More importantly, it works really well. The combination of humectants (glycerin, hyaluronic acid) and plant oils (apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, coconut oil) is super moisturizing, and aloe, chamomile, and oat kernel extract calm irritated skin. Obviously if your skin doesn't react well to coconut oil this would not be a top choice, but the coconut oil is pretty far down the list of ingredients, so if you're not specifically sensitive to it I don't think it's a concern as far as possible comedogenicity. I bought this because I had a really good coupon or Gilt deal or something and *probably* wouldn't pay full price, but I'll keep an eye out for sets or deals containing this around the holidays.
MARIA R.
Denham Spgs, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Im going to start off by saying if you're thinking about getting it just Do It! its the perfect night time mask! if not too heavy when you apply the right amount. i will say a little goes a very long way with this mask i used a nickel size amount for my entire face and neck. i did use about a quarter size once and it was a no no it left my face sticky and so much of the excess product rubbed off on my pillow. the scent is very citrusy and does linger a little bit but only for a few hours so you done wake up with a headache from it. the next day you just wash it off like any other moisturizer but this leaves your skin so hydrated and subtle with the perfect amount of radiance to your skin its truly a must have! i could not be without this i use it once a week maybe twice if i have an event to something i want my skin to look extra good for.
Tabitha W.
Cedar Rapids, IA
Last week I was at Sephora and was given a sample of the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. I tend to have very dry skin, and I've had a hard time finding a product that makes a difference with my skin that I don't have to spend a FORTUNE on. The night I brought home my sample, I put the overnight mask on before bed. It does have a fairly strong smell, and I've heard some people love and some hate it. I'm somewhere in the middle on the scent, but I cam tell you one thing, the way this mask makes my skin feel is MORE than worth the smell. I woke up in the morning with my face feeling smooth and soft, and didn't have any issues with my makeup flaking due to my dry skin. Needless to say, I went back to Sephora the next day and bought the full size tube, and been telling everyone I know who has dry skin to go get some!
Natalie A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is fantastic. I tried this out as a sample from my Play! by Sephora May box and wow, this is great. I exfoliated my face, washed it with a cleanser, applied the Origins Maskimizer, and then put this over it. I expected this to be a mask that you put on and wash off after a while, but this is more like a deep moisturizer. No complaints because it's amazing. Super creamy and hydrating, made my face look dewy without looking too oily, and my skin feels so moisturized and smooth. You can definitely put this on as the last bit of your skincare routine at night, right before bed. The cream makes your face a little tacky at first, but it goes away. Has a really clean, fresh scent to it (not strong at all) and it didn't give me any weird reaction or breakouts. Absolutely love how this feels on my skin!
Kelcey A.
Naperville, IL
I originally bought this for my boyfriend, who has very dry skin, especially around his nose. He began using it nightly before he went to bed, and his skin improved so much. On days when he forgot to apply it, his skin would return to being dry and flaky, which only proved how much it was helping. I was so pleased with it that I decided to try it for myself and I have fallen in love with it too. I have very oily/combo skin, but in the winter I tend to get dry patches. This works very well for me. And while the scent can be a bit strong, it is pleasant-reminds me of mangoes! The only criticism my boyfriend gave was that because it is very perfume-y, sometimes it stung his skin in areas where it was super dry or cracked. But overall I would recommend and I will repurchase.
Angelica L.
Tucson, AZ
I was in desperate need of a good overnight mask because prom was the next day so I went into my local Sephora and they recommended this mask, so I bought it for the first time ever and was kind of scared because I was counting on this mask to work some serious magic on me over night. So I put it on before bed and prayed to the facemask God that it works, I woke up the next day, took a shower, rinsed off my face and it worked miracles! My face was full of moisture I was so happy!! I also used another the night before that would help clean my pores and that one worked wonders too. I would recommend this to others, I already have recommended it to my best friend too but I love this product, was definitely worth my money.
Ashley B.
San Diego , CA
Oh my gosh, I'm so happy to write a review about this product!!! I've seriously been using this mask for forever!!! Like, 10 years!!!!! If you have dry skin, this product is for you, if you have dry skin only in the winter, this product is for you! ! If you need a pick me up, this is for you, if you like the feeling of a baby's butt, and wish your face felt the same way, yes, this product is for you! !!! I use this as the last item in my skin care routine before I go to bed. And in the morning when I wake up, my face feels renewed and refreshed! I've written a book, but I hope this helps anyone needing an inexpensive heavy moisturizer...because this is all that helps me in the winter, and I'm obsessed !!!
Kristen C.
New York
I first came upon the Origins Drink Up Intensive mask as a sample from Sephora, but I chose to buy the full size this past winter and it completely saved my dry skin. I would use the mask to cap off my nighttime routine (which consists of cleanser, toner, and various serums), and I'd wake up with my skin feeling hydrated and flake free. It does have a rich consistency so I only used it 2 times a week to avoid breakouts in my oily t-zone. I never encountered any irritation and the smell is really pleasant! The only issue for me was that it takes a while for the mask to absorb to the point where I'm comfortable enough to put my face on my pillow without the product transferring.
Ashlyn N.
Is this mask good for someone with dry skin? How is it when you wear it overnight?
Amy I.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How does this smell? Is it pleasant?
Maria D.
Lakeville, MN
Do these products cause you to breakout? I'm always worried about that.
anne c.
I have combo skin, would this product maybe work well for me?
NATTRACTIVE R.
Sun Valley, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Can I use this every single night??? (Is it ok to use overnight mask everyday? If it's bad then why?)