BY ORIGINS #39 in Lotion

WHAT IT IS
The step you never knew your skincare routine was missing. A light, soothing, watery lotion with Reishi, Sea Buckthorn & Fermented Chaga that perfectly preps just-cleansed skin for serum & moisturizer.
Alcohol-free and pH balanced.

WHAT IT'S FORMULATED TO DO
Instantly refreshes & rebalances skin to help soothe, calm & boost hydration levels by 71%. Skin looks supple, softer & healthier-looking.

WHAT IT IS FORMULATED WITHOUT
*except cruelty free Honey & Beeswax

WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW

• Does this treatment get rid of redness on your skin? Than...1 Answers
  • Did anyone else break out from this? Usually Origins prod...2 Answers
  • Good for oily skin?3 Answers
  • "I love this stuff. A treatment lotion is a toner, so it is a clear liquid of pure amazingness! This product does exactly what is says it does, and when you combine the rest of the series together you will see your skin getting less breakouts, getting smoothr and the redness going away. This series is made for sensitive skin, and I love it!" in 62 reviews
  • "It made my acne disappear . I have dehydrated sensitive skin myself so I think it's great for everyone. personally I used this on a cotton pad and use it as a mask " in 27 reviews
  • "I love the Dr. Weil Mega-Mushroom line. This lotion is more like a toner as it's liquid consistency, but it pairs well with the serum and the all day nourishing lotion. When used with the rest of the line, it help reduce redness and calm your skin. I recommend this line if you struggle with redness. " in 21 reviews
Amanda G.
Lakewood, CA
I have SUPER dry skin (especially in my t-zone) but like a freak of nature I also get really bad acne (on my cheeks, mouth and temples go figure, aye?)!!! The skin on my chin is rough and never feels hydrated enough. I have deep red acne scars in my cheeks and just over all unpleasant skin. I have a really good skin care routine and if I’m being completely honest I really don’t have acne anymore but suffered for years as a teen and young adult but I still breakout one and a while and I usually feel it’s from trying new products. When I got this free lotion treatment from influenster for review purposes I went in right away and started using it twice a day and WOW. Even after the first application I noticed softer and smoother skin. My makeup looks better my skin is glowing. I am truly impressed. I was drunk at Sephora a few days ago and saw a girl getting a sample and I was yelling at her “no no get it you have to get the whole bottle it’s amazing!!!” Like four times but that’s how passionate I was about this lotion treatment. I apply on a cotton round and dab it into my skin. Then I apply moisturizer in the day and vitamin c Serum and moisturizer at night and I am a mushroom QUEEN. Where’s my onion knight? (If you get this reference you’re awesome)
Jayme Y.
geneseo, NY
I recieved this free from Influenster for testing purposes. My first reaction was: “Mushrooms? Wtf? I don’t want to use something that smells like mushrooms. Very odd.” But when I recieved it in the mail, it was to my surprise that it actually didn’t smell like mushrooms at all. It has an herbal/strong/essential oils scent. To be honest, I wish the scent was more subtle but it’s not terrible. I was so confused as to what this product was, seeing how it was called a lotion but it came out like a clear water. I was confused because this didn’t have directions on it & I didn’t know when to use it. This product is actually a toner. I looked it up and other reviewers were saying to use it before moisturizer. So that’s what I do. The name is very misleading i wish they would change that. I don’t think this should be called a lotion. This claimed to be very hydrating but I didn’t feel like it was. I have very dry skin. I don’t believe any toner will ever make your skin nourished as it’s stripping the oils to cleanse. I do think $34 is a little pricey. I probably wouldn’t buy it myself.

Update: this gave my skin really bad cystic acne. Deep pimples that won’t come to a head. My skin is freaking out :/ Idk what to do.
The Gallica S.
Brooklyn, NY
After receiving this product complimentary from Influenster, I have been trying it for more than a week now and can already see some improvements on my skin. I have less redness on my cheeks area, and I will keep using it as part of my current skincare routine.
It looks like water so I use a cotton pad to apply it on my face after washing. It has an earthy smell with a hint of citrus scent (in my opinion), which I don't find unpleasant. I would not say it smells like mushrooms.
After applying it, I can feel my skin sparkle softly which I actually like, and it absorbs quickly.
Regarding the hydration, I have not seen any change as I use very hydrating skin and it is not my main skin concern so I cannot comment on this claim.
I will definitively keep using this product !
N U.
WHAT IS IT?
Its is a alcohol free, lightweight, watery first treatment essence that balances the PH of your skin and preps the skin for serum, oil, and moisturizer.
INGREDIENTS?
Reishi Mushroom, Sea Buckthorn, and Fermented Chaga : soothes, hydrates and reduces redness.
It is formulated without : Parabens, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PABA, Petrolatum, Paraffin, DEA, and Animal Ingredients.
However, it does contain many essential oils. So stir clear of this if your skin is sensitive to it.
APPLICATION?
After cleansing and toning, I use this to calm, hydrate, and prep my skin for serum and moisturizer.
FINAL VERDICT?
I have been using this product for a week now and I must say that it leaves my skin calm, hydrated, and plumped.
I love layering this for maximum hydration on the days when my skin in feeling extra dry and inflamed due to allergies.
It absorbs into the skin quickly without leaving any residue.
Layers really well under other skincare and makeup.
It can be also layered for 7 skin method.
_
@clumsor is bae because I was too sick to edit this pic and she did it for me.
_
*This product was sent to me by @influenster @origins
Nicolette C.
Staten Island , NY
I received this product free from Influenster for review purposes! Firstly, because the name of this is “treatment lotion” i thought it would be cream based, but it’s actually a clear water texture liquid!!! It is not a typical “lotion” but the purpose of it is to hydrate the skin. You use this after you wash your face by patting it into the skin with your finger tips or cotton ball. The smell of it is earthy, mildly fresh, but very mild and not over bearing at all! I actually do not smell it on my face at all. Secondly, this product actually works! I suffer from really dry skin especially in the winter. My skin around my nose and mouth will even be flaky regardless of my constant moisturizing. After usage, you immediately feel how smooth and plump your skin feels! Once it dries into the skin it leaves a tacky feeling to the skin, but it doesn’t bother me because i then use cream. Overall, do i think this is a mandatory part of everyone’s skin care routine? No. But does it work and feel good? Yes ! It would be great for sensitive skin, and I’d recommend using it after a toner because you definitely do not want to wash this away. I think everyone should give this a try and see for them self how you like it!
Emily W.
Wow, I love this product. I have struggled with trying to combat redness while also having combination skin for as long as I can remember. Products that usually reduce redness end up giving me oily skin- it's been difficult! So, when I started using this product, I had low expectations. I was so pleasantly surprised at how much I ended up loving this product.
The consistency is so light, and refreshing. I typically use this after toning, to give me a little extra something. I don't have to use much product at all to cover the areas of my skin I want to cover, so I still have close to a full bottle left, and I've been using this product for just about a month or more.
I have read reviews about the smell of this product being a bit overbearing. It has a very fresh, plant-based (mushroom) smell, but I enjoy it, it makes me feel as though nature is helping me out, versus some of the more chemically-scented products.
I don't have many complaints, as you can tell. I would recommend this product if you want something light, fresh, and effective, especially if your skin is like mine!
Rachel T.
I’m so glad Influenster sent me this for free in a VoxBox, because I never would have thought to try this myself. For what this is and how I use it, the product is actually really good. My skin is incredibly oily and acne prone, so I’ve been loving this as a lightweight moisturizer. It comes out of the bottle basically as herb-scented water, and I use my hands to pat it into my face. Because the product is water thin, it absorbs into my face so quickly and doesn’t leave any kind of residue or feel heavy. The box claims it “leaves the skin calm, comfortable, hydrated.” I don’t have sensitive skin, so I don’t know about calm, but I can say it hasn’t aggravated my acne. My skin is usually very rosy, and this product hasn’t helped with my redness, though. Comfortable and hydrated for sure. I thought I read somewhere that this can be used as a pre-moisturizer or pre-serum step, but for this price, that’s a bit of a stretch.

Overall, this is a solid lightweight moisturizer for oily skin. I can’t imagine this becoming a favorite for people with dry skin who need more moisture, but for my purposes, I quite enjoy it.
Rebecca G.
New Haven, CT
I've been struggling with redness and acne scars for several years now, and having received this product from Influenster for testing, and reading other good reviews about it, I was hoping that it would also help my skin out as much as it seemed to be helping others. Although my skin certainly looks less red after I use it, and when I put it on before bed I often wake up without any redness, it hasn't done anything for my acne, and actually might be the source of the acne that has recently flared up around my chin and mouth, seeing as it is the only thing I have recently added to my skincare routine. It certainly does help with redness and dryness, as advertised, but it unfortunately isn't getting along the best with my easily irritated skin. I would recommend it only if you don't worry about similar issues in terms of acne irritation. :( I will, however, still continue to test it out to see if my skin improves.
Ally H.
Hilliard , OH
I’ve been using the Origins Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins™ Mega-Mushroom Relief & Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion in place of a toner in my skincare routine for almost a month now and I’ve been really enjoying it! I received the product complimentary for testing and do feel that I’ve seen a noticeable reduction in redness/discoloration in my skin and an improvement in my skin texture. While the earthy smell may not be for everyone, I enjoy it. I also appreciate the ease of application. I just put a little in my hands and pat it on my face (it’s a liquid formula), but you could also apply it to a cotton ball or cotton round for application. My significant other has commented on how smooth and soft my skin feels since using it, so I would definitely say it’s effective. That being said, I likely wouldn’t repurchase it because Origins isn’t a cruelty-free company and it’s a bit pricey.
Arya A.
Somerville, MA
Got this in a vox box and I wanted to wait until I really tested it to review it. I have been using this everyday for the last 2 weeks. I have minor redness around my nose and that’s it. In my initial testing the product made my face burn a lot and made it super sensitive the following day. I kept using it and the sensitivity went away in 3 days. My guess is I was allergic to one of the components. Redness around the nose started fading after week 1. It is not completely gone but it has faded enough to get away not putting concealer there. If you have a lot of red areas on your face, it can do wonders for you! All in all, I think it is a product you use as you need it and not continuously everyday so the price might be worth it for the durability, it is a lot of product on the bottle. I like this product and will continue to use it as I need it.
Kayla K.
Rockaway Park, NY
Have you guys noticed a difference in your skin after using this?
Lauren C.
Pineville, LA
Good for oily skin?
Lindsay D.
Fall River, MA
Is this good for drier sensitive skin??
Tara H.
Did anyone else break out from this? Usually Origins products do wonders for me but ever since I started using this a few days ago I have pimples all over my face !
Avery G.
Has anyone else tried this product before? I love it!! What do you think?