BY ORIGINS #51 in Lotion

WHAT IT IS
The step you never knew your skincare routine was missing. A light, soothing, watery lotion with Reishi, Sea Buckthorn & Fermented Chaga that perfectly preps just-cleansed skin for serum & moisturizer.
Alcohol-free and pH balanced.

WHAT IT'S FORMULATED TO DO
Instantly refreshes & rebalances skin to help soothe, calm & boost hydration levels by 71%. Skin looks supple, softer & healthier-looking.

WHAT IT IS FORMULATED WITHOUT
*except cruelty free Honey & Beeswax

WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW

• I love the packaging!7 Answers
  • Does this treatment get rid of redness on your skin? Than...10 Answers
  • Did anyone else break out from this? Usually Origins prod...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I love this stuff. A treatment lotion is a toner, so it is a clear liquid of pure amazingness! This product does exactly what is says it does, and when you combine the rest of the series together you will see your skin getting less breakouts, getting smoothr and the redness going away. This series is made for sensitive skin, and I love it!" in 62 reviews
  • "It made my acne disappear . I have dehydrated sensitive skin myself so I think it's great for everyone. personally I used this on a cotton pad and use it as a mask " in 27 reviews
  • "I love the Dr. Weil Mega-Mushroom line. This lotion is more like a toner as it's liquid consistency, but it pairs well with the serum and the all day nourishing lotion. When used with the rest of the line, it help reduce redness and calm your skin. I recommend this line if you struggle with redness. " in 21 reviews
Amanda G.
Lakewood, CA
I have SUPER dry skin (especially in my t-zone) but like a freak of nature I also get really bad acne (on my cheeks, mouth and temples go figure, aye?)!!! The skin on my chin is rough and never feels hydrated enough. I have deep red acne scars in my cheeks and just over all unpleasant skin. I have a really good skin care routine and if I’m being completely honest I really don’t have acne anymore but suffered for years as a teen and young adult but I still breakout one and a while and I usually feel it’s from trying new products. When I got this free lotion treatment from influenster for review purposes I went in right away and started using it twice a day and WOW. Even after the first application I noticed softer and smoother skin. My makeup looks better my skin is glowing. I am truly impressed. I was drunk at Sephora a few days ago and saw a girl getting a sample and I was yelling at her “no no get it you have to get the whole bottle it’s amazing!!!” Like four times but that’s how passionate I was about this lotion treatment. I apply on a cotton round and dab it into my skin. Then I apply moisturizer in the day and vitamin c Serum and moisturizer at night and I am a mushroom QUEEN. Where’s my onion knight? (If you get this reference you’re awesome)
Jayme Y.
geneseo, NY
I recieved this free from Influenster for testing purposes. My first reaction was: “Mushrooms? Wtf? I don’t want to use something that smells like mushrooms. Very odd.” But when I recieved it in the mail, it was to my surprise that it actually didn’t smell like mushrooms at all. It has an herbal/strong/essential oils scent. To be honest, I wish the scent was more subtle but it’s not terrible. I was so confused as to what this product was, seeing how it was called a lotion but it came out like a clear water. I was confused because this didn’t have directions on it & I didn’t know when to use it. This product is actually a toner. I looked it up and other reviewers were saying to use it before moisturizer. So that’s what I do. The name is very misleading i wish they would change that. I don’t think this should be called a lotion. This claimed to be very hydrating but I didn’t feel like it was. I have very dry skin. I don’t believe any toner will ever make your skin nourished as it’s stripping the oils to cleanse. I do think $34 is a little pricey. I probably wouldn’t buy it myself.

Update: this gave my skin really bad cystic acne. Deep pimples that won’t come to a head. My skin is freaking out :/ Idk what to do.
The Gallica S.
Brooklyn, NY
After receiving this product complimentary from Influenster, I have been trying it for more than a week now and can already see some improvements on my skin. I have less redness on my cheeks area, and I will keep using it as part of my current skincare routine.
It looks like water so I use a cotton pad to apply it on my face after washing. It has an earthy smell with a hint of citrus scent (in my opinion), which I don't find unpleasant. I would not say it smells like mushrooms.
After applying it, I can feel my skin sparkle softly which I actually like, and it absorbs quickly.
Regarding the hydration, I have not seen any change as I use very hydrating skin and it is not my main skin concern so I cannot comment on this claim.
I will definitively keep using this product !
N U.
WHAT IS IT?
Its is a alcohol free, lightweight, watery first treatment essence that balances the PH of your skin and preps the skin for serum, oil, and moisturizer.
INGREDIENTS?
Reishi Mushroom, Sea Buckthorn, and Fermented Chaga : soothes, hydrates and reduces redness.
It is formulated without : Parabens, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PABA, Petrolatum, Paraffin, DEA, and Animal Ingredients.
However, it does contain many essential oils. So stir clear of this if your skin is sensitive to it.
APPLICATION?
After cleansing and toning, I use this to calm, hydrate, and prep my skin for serum and moisturizer.
FINAL VERDICT?
I have been using this product for a week now and I must say that it leaves my skin calm, hydrated, and plumped.
I love layering this for maximum hydration on the days when my skin in feeling extra dry and inflamed due to allergies.
It absorbs into the skin quickly without leaving any residue.
Layers really well under other skincare and makeup.
It can be also layered for 7 skin method.
_
@clumsor is bae because I was too sick to edit this pic and she did it for me.
_
*This product was sent to me by @influenster @origins
Emily W.
Wow, I love this product. I have struggled with trying to combat redness while also having combination skin for as long as I can remember. Products that usually reduce redness end up giving me oily skin- it's been difficult! So, when I started using this product, I had low expectations. I was so pleasantly surprised at how much I ended up loving this product.
The consistency is so light, and refreshing. I typically use this after toning, to give me a little extra something. I don't have to use much product at all to cover the areas of my skin I want to cover, so I still have close to a full bottle left, and I've been using this product for just about a month or more.
I have read reviews about the smell of this product being a bit overbearing. It has a very fresh, plant-based (mushroom) smell, but I enjoy it, it makes me feel as though nature is helping me out, versus some of the more chemically-scented products.
I don't have many complaints, as you can tell. I would recommend this product if you want something light, fresh, and effective, especially if your skin is like mine!
Rebecca G.
Louisville, KY
I've been struggling with redness and acne scars for several years now, and having received this product from Influenster for testing, and reading other good reviews about it, I was hoping that it would also help my skin out as much as it seemed to be helping others. Although my skin certainly looks less red after I use it, and when I put it on before bed I often wake up without any redness, it hasn't done anything for my acne, and actually might be the source of the acne that has recently flared up around my chin and mouth, seeing as it is the only thing I have recently added to my skincare routine. It certainly does help with redness and dryness, as advertised, but it unfortunately isn't getting along the best with my easily irritated skin. I would recommend it only if you don't worry about similar issues in terms of acne irritation. :( I will, however, still continue to test it out to see if my skin improves.
Ally H.
Hilliard, OH
I’ve been using the Origins Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins™ Mega-Mushroom Relief & Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion in place of a toner in my skincare routine for almost a month now and I’ve been really enjoying it! I received the product complimentary for testing and do feel that I’ve seen a noticeable reduction in redness/discoloration in my skin and an improvement in my skin texture. While the earthy smell may not be for everyone, I enjoy it. I also appreciate the ease of application. I just put a little in my hands and pat it on my face (it’s a liquid formula), but you could also apply it to a cotton ball or cotton round for application. My significant other has commented on how smooth and soft my skin feels since using it, so I would definitely say it’s effective. That being said, I likely wouldn’t repurchase it because Origins isn’t a cruelty-free company and it’s a bit pricey.
Arya A.
Somerville, MA
Got this in a vox box and I wanted to wait until I really tested it to review it. I have been using this everyday for the last 2 weeks. I have minor redness around my nose and that’s it. In my initial testing the product made my face burn a lot and made it super sensitive the following day. I kept using it and the sensitivity went away in 3 days. My guess is I was allergic to one of the components. Redness around the nose started fading after week 1. It is not completely gone but it has faded enough to get away not putting concealer there. If you have a lot of red areas on your face, it can do wonders for you! All in all, I think it is a product you use as you need it and not continuously everyday so the price might be worth it for the durability, it is a lot of product on the bottle. I like this product and will continue to use it as I need it.
Lee R.
***I received this product from Influenster in exchange for an honest review, all opinions are my own and were not influenced by this program. I have combination skin that gets oily but I still have dry patches, so I haven't used toners before in fear that they'd dry out my already sensitive skin. This toner was really good! It has a pretty strong herbal/natural scent that kind of has that eucalyptus minty smell. At first that was a draw back because I was worried the scent would linger on the skin but it doesn't. I liked this because it was really gentle on the skin. I would use it day and night after I washed my face and it made me feel like I was really getting everything off and my skin was truly clear. It doesn't leave your skin feel tight but definitely clean. I didn't notice any anti-redness or other effects other than it just left my skin feeling clean. I would recommend and I enjoyed using this product
Winnie C.
Midland, TX
I've been using the Origins Mega Mushroom Relief and Resilence soothing treatment lotion for about a week now and I've already noticed a difference with my skin! The product is advertised as a lotion, however it's consistency is liquid, similar to a facial toner. Also, the toner has a natural scent and if you use too much of the product the scent will be overbearing, thus a little truly goes a long way!! My skincare steps are: 1) cleanse face with foaming face wash. 2) I use about 2-3 drops of the Origins treatment "lotion" on my palms and then I pat it gently on my face! 3) facial serum and moisturizer. I used the product twice a day for about a week and I can honestly say I've seen positive results. My skin has red blotches on my cheeks and under my nose, after using this product for a week I've noticed redness reduction. This toner is nondrying so it allows my serum and moisturizer to hydrate my skin better. If you're looking for a new toner, I'll definitely recommend this one if you have redness prone or dry skin! I received this product free from Influenster and Origins, however my review is 100% honest and I hope you guys give it a try!
ItsBrandy M.
Algonquin, IL
What's the scent like?
Oyuky R.
RIO RANCHO, NM
Does it have a smell to it?
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Does this treatment get rid of redness on your skin? Thank you for your reply!
Avery G.
Has anyone else tried this product before? I love it!! What do you think?
Ella P.