Jessy G.
I have sensitive skin so I prefer to do my own facials.  I use either the Origins Clear Improvements Charcoal mask or the First Aid Beauty Purifying red clay mask as part of my at home facial routine.  I have oily combination skin and large pores.  My pores tend to get clogged often with sebaceous filaments (dead skin, build up which ends up looking like tiny white hairs). . .I know, ugghh, 😩😖 yuck!

Anyway, I have received both in the past as free samples from Sephora and liked both.  I use both masks interchangeably and find that they are both effective at resolving my sebaceous filaments problem.  However, I will focus on the Origins charcoal mask since that's what I'm reviewing.  I apply a thin layer on my forehead, nose/outer nostril area and around my mouth and chin area.  I avoid my cheeks because I have sensitive skin and mild rosacea ☺️ and this mask irritates my cheeks by causing redness (which is why I deducted a ⭐️).  However, the mask does not irritate the rest of my face so I use it on the rest of my face and avoid my cheeks.  This works for me because my sebaceous filaments problem is most noticeable around my👃🏽,👄and chin anyway.

When I do my at home facials, I always do them at night since they make the skin vulnerable to sunlight.  That way, my skin has a chance to rest overnight before exposing it to ☀️ again.

I do the following at home facial steps:

1.  I wash my face with warm water and use a warm wash cloth or a bowl of hot water to steam my face for about 5 minutes to open up pores.

2.  I mix baking soda with a little water until it's pasty and gently massage onto my face for 3 minutes to loosen up dead skin.

3.  I rinse it off with warm water and quickly massage face with Josie Moran Argan oil for 10 minutes to calm skin  and continue loosening everything up.

4.  Then I wipe my skin gently with a warm cloth and apply the Origins charcoal mask.  I leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes or until it is dry.  You'll notice because it looks wet when you first apply it and it gradually dries up.

5.  Then I rinse it off and gently remove with a warm wash cloth.  I follow up by using an oval or square cotton swab to wipe my skin with Origins Age-Defense Treatment Lotion with White Tea.

6. I finish up by applying a thick layer of Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber gel mask and leave it on overnight.  It's very soothing so it calms the skin and restores moisture.  By morning, my skin looks great and the sebaceous filaments are gone as if I had a professional facial!!

Some of these products are pricey, including the Origins charcoal mask.  However, for me it is worth it because it's still cheaper than a professional facial and the mask really does work at clearing pores.  Also, I only do this every couple of weeks so the mask lasts me a long time.  If you have skin issues similar to mine, then I recommend you try the Origins charcoal mask.