BY ORIGINS

How To Use:
1. Once a week, open pores with warm water
2. Apply mask, and allow to dry.
3. Rinse well.

• It's amazing, I need it. Is it a good product?17 Answers
  • What is a good charcoal mask? Or is it better to do a diy...3 Answers
  • Where can I buy this product?33 Answers
Alisha J.
Walworth, NY
I’m pretty impressed with this mask! It goes on easily, and a little of it goes a long way because it’s SO SMOOTH (which is so rare for charcoal products). It does burn for the first 30 seconds it’s on, but that’s to be expected from something that’s getting deep into your pores and unclogging them. It’s really relaxing to leave on for a while, and after taking it off my face was incredibly soft. I have pretty soft skin to begin with, but this took it to another level so I was very happy with the results. I felt fresh and clean. The only downfall of this product is that it’s difficult to take off for a face mask. Most wash off very easily (or peel off easily if you can handle a little pain) but this one takes some really hot water and some intense scrubbing with a wash cloth to come off. I don’t mind this though (it doesn’t stain your face or anything crazy once it is off) so I’m still giving it five stars. I got this for free in exchange for giving an honest review, but I will definitely buy in the future to see what regular use will do for my face (even the small bottle I was given is enough product for about 6-8 uses!)
Adriana A.
Buena Park
This mask is amazing! I only bought the travel size at ulta just to try it out. My pores look cleaner and my blackheads are less noticeable. I use it at least 2-3 times a week and my skin looks so much better. I know they recently came out with a new mask like this one but with honey which I really want to try. The mask can be just a little bit drying but it isn’t a concern as long as you moisturize right after. I usually use this right after I get out of the shower as the steam from the shower helps to open up my pores, making the product work better. I leave it on for about 15 mins then rinse off with Luke warm water. Try it! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Mary anne M.
West Covina, CA
I generally like using their charcoal products for my skin & this definitely is no exception. This product helps with my blackheads even when porestrips just don't cut it. There is kind of a tingling feeling that happens when I first apply it. It isn't uncomfortable, but some people might not like the tingling/stinging if you aren't expecting it. It washes off pretty easily in comparison to other activated charcoal masks that require a lot of rubbing to remove once it dries on your face. I didn't have any irritation after using this and I have acne-prone, oily skin. I might replace my clay mask with this product instead.
I received this product free for testing.
Elizabeth F.
Plantation, FL
I have combination skin but I struggle to find marks that don't either irritate my skin or leave it feeling unnaturally dry afterwards. This product is perfect for me and leaves me feeling refreshed and visibly brighter. Sometimes I notice my pores after having little spots over it meaning the product has worked and the dirt in my pores has risen to the top so I usually use a small beauty tool to rub over my skin to remove the excess dirt that has risen and then go over my face with witch hazel. It's perfect for a cheap at home facial that leaves you feeling good, face brighter and happy.
Abby D.
Rochester, NY
There is absolutely nothing to complain about with this mask. It does what it says it will do, it feels nice on the skin, it's not crazy expensive, and the smell is pleasant. However, I don't think there's anything particularly spectacular about this mask either. I've used others that have given me better and more instant results. This does clear and tighten your pores, I just wasn't amazed enough to give it 5 stars. Again, nothing wrong with it! i just think that origins has some other products that are significantly more exciting and effective!
Carolyn C.
San Diego
This mask isn't a miracle worker - nothing is - but it's definitely the best mask/treatment I've tried yet. I tried it first after taking a steamy shower and patting my face dry. I put it on evenly, enough so I couldn't see my skin, but not gloppy, and left it on for twenty minutes. Washed it off with a warm washcloth and my fingers. There was immediate and noticeable improvement. My face felt cool and smooth. My biggest concerns on my face are large pores and blackheads around my nose and a few small whiteheads on my chin. I also had a healing pimple on my forehead from my last period. All three of these issues were diminished; some blackheads were gone, the others and the pores looked smaller, the couple whiteheads had gotten even smaller, and the healing pimple's dry skin was gone and it looked smoother. My skin felt much smoother and balanced, and it looked faintly "radiant." I put a little light moisturizer on and went about the rest of my day, and the effects lasted for several days. I think with continued use, the mask will help maintain and balance my skin. I'd like to add that while not all of my blackheads/whiteheads were gone, the ones that were left were much easier to extract.
Karen B.
Arlington, TX
My husband and I both tried the clear improvement Active Charcoal Mask and loved it!! It’s easy to apply on your face and you only have to let it sit for 5 mins. While it’s on you can feel it working on your pores!! The fact that it rinses off easily and doesn’t hurt is the best!! Origins did a great job on this mask and I would recommend others to try it!!
Bridgett E.
BURLINGTON, VT
I would not recommend this mask for sensitive skin! It really irritated my skin. It burned a little when applying and made my face pretty red. My face took a day or two to recover. I tried this mask on a few more occasions and had the same result. It also did nothing to clear my skin. The texture of the mask is slimy and thick and it was actually really difficult to remove unless I just got in the shower and stood under the shower head. I love some of Origins other masks but this one was a huge miss. I would recommend trying a small pod of it before buying the whole thing. You can get one for 4$ on Sephora.com and it lasts for 2-3 masks. You can also do this with a bunch of their other masks as well. I do appreciate that they have an inexpensive easy way to try them before buying the whole bottle!
Himali B.
New York
I have always loved origins skincare products my skin loves them. They are effective and quiet gentle on my combination acne-prone somewhat sensitive skin with large pores. I need to be really particular about skincare products else any harsh products can wreak havoc on my skin. I have tried lots of charcoal masks but none of them were as great as this charcoal mask from origins. I generally use it once or twice every week. It clear my skin and brightens it leaving behind a smooth soft skin. I will definitely buy it again.
Akia G.
Harlingen
The charcoal face mask had my face feeling amazing at the end results. Wasn’t so harsh on my skin. I highly recommend the skin matte moisturizer by origins, especially for oily skin. It moisturizes, primes, closes pores and controls your oils. Also origins has the ginzing energy line with a sheer tinted moisturizer with spf of 40. I love it! It’s not so heavy on the face and goes great under makeup. Spf is so important for us, to prevent those aging spots! Origins is such a great skincare line, I highly recommend to tryout some products!Origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer
Nicolette A.
Where can I buy this product?
Jill H.
Winnipeg, WY
Vilma Judith C.
Doral, FL
Does this work well with sensitive skin?
Leslie F.
Boston, MA
It's amazing, I need it. Is it a good product?
Heledd H.