Origins Clear Improvement™ Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores
Nature's complexion clean-up crew clears the way for skin to act its best. Bamboo Charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out deep-dwelling pore-cloggers, White China Clay absorbs environmental toxins, Lecithin dissolves impurities. Skin looks clear, feels perfectly pure.
Water\Aqua\Eau; Myrtus Communis (Myrtle) Leaf Water , Kaolin , Bentonite , Butylene Glycol , Montmorillonite , Polysorbate 20 , Peg-100 Stearate , Charcoal Powder , Xanthan Gum , Lecithin , Peg-150 Distearate , Propylene Glycol Stearate , Sorbitan Laurate , Glycerin , Propylene Glycol Laurate , Simethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Ethylhexylglycerin , Hexylene Glycol , Trisodium Edta , Dehydroacetic Acid , Phenoxyethanol <ILNILN33435>see more...
Top Questions See all 1,373 Q&A
- "I have used this to help with trouble spots and enlarged pores. It always helps after using each week. It makes my skin/face nice and soft. I have sensitive skin at times and it has never irritated me or caused my skin to become inflamed. It does wonders! I recommend it to others!" in 669 reviews
TIP: The warm towel is easy and convenient for most, but I find steaming my face opens my pores more. I just put a Tupperware bowl in microwave for 5 mins, the carefully put the bowl on table and hold my face over it, but not too close, with a large bath towel draped over my head to keep steam in. I steam for 5-10mins. This also helps to loosen dead skin, which is then easily remove when you rinse the mask off!
The only downside to this mask was that it was a little harder to get off than other masks that I've tried in the past, but I chalk that up to it being of better quality. It really got in there and cleared out my pores! I just had to spend a little extra time in front of the sink with a warm cloth and basin of water to remove it. Once it was removed I felt like a new woman. My face was so smooth, I actually walked around my apartment and had both of my roommates and my boyfriend feel it because I was so impressed with how my skin had been transformed. It was so light and fresh feeling. I did mine right before bed so I slept like a baby. Even the next day after doing the mask at night I feel like my skin is retaining so much more moisture and I don't look as tired, puffy, or red as I usually am in the morning.
I'd recommend this charcoal mask over any drugstore brand. It's worth the investment. I wasn't compensated for this review, however I did receive this product free for testing. I plan on purchasing a full-size bottle.
Anyway, I have received both in the past as free samples from Sephora and liked both. I use both masks interchangeably and find that they are both effective at resolving my sebaceous filaments problem. However, I will focus on the Origins charcoal mask since that's what I'm reviewing. I apply a thin layer on my forehead, nose/outer nostril area and around my mouth and chin area. I avoid my cheeks because I have sensitive skin and mild rosacea ☺️ and this mask irritates my cheeks by causing redness (which is why I deducted a ⭐️). However, the mask does not irritate the rest of my face so I use it on the rest of my face and avoid my cheeks. This works for me because my sebaceous filaments problem is most noticeable around my👃🏽,👄and chin anyway.
When I do my at home facials, I always do them at night since they make the skin vulnerable to sunlight. That way, my skin has a chance to rest overnight before exposing it to ☀️ again.
I do the following at home facial steps:
1. I wash my face with warm water and use a warm wash cloth or a bowl of hot water to steam my face for about 5 minutes to open up pores.
2. I mix baking soda with a little water until it's pasty and gently massage onto my face for 3 minutes to loosen up dead skin.
3. I rinse it off with warm water and quickly massage face with Josie Moran Argan oil for 10 minutes to calm skin and continue loosening everything up.
4. Then I wipe my skin gently with a warm cloth and apply the Origins charcoal mask. I leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes or until it is dry. You'll notice because it looks wet when you first apply it and it gradually dries up.
5. Then I rinse it off and gently remove with a warm wash cloth. I follow up by using an oval or square cotton swab to wipe my skin with Origins Age-Defense Treatment Lotion with White Tea.
6. I finish up by applying a thick layer of Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber gel mask and leave it on overnight. It's very soothing so it calms the skin and restores moisture. By morning, my skin looks great and the sebaceous filaments are gone as if I had a professional facial!!
Some of these products are pricey, including the Origins charcoal mask. However, for me it is worth it because it's still cheaper than a professional facial and the mask really does work at clearing pores. Also, I only do this every couple of weeks so the mask lasts me a long time. If you have skin issues similar to mine, then I recommend you try the Origins charcoal mask.
I utilize this mask 2 to 3 days during the week. As I am prone to minor breakouts and large pores. One of the added benefits is that it not only “shrinks” more pores, but leaves my skin looking and feeling firmer & brighter.
The mask itself, is not harsh on the skin or have any unpleasant odors. Which is a huge plus. Application & removal is a breeze. And honestly, my skin looks and feels amazing after every use. I strongly recommend this mask for anyone that suffers from minor breakouts and large pores.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos