BY ORIGINS

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau; Myrtus Communis (Myrtle) Leaf Water , Kaolin , Bentonite , Butylene Glycol , Montmorillonite , Polysorbate 20 , Peg-100 Stearate , Charcoal Powder , Xanthan Gum , Lecithin , Peg-150 Distearate , Propylene Glycol Stearate , Sorbitan Laurate , Glycerin , Propylene Glycol Laurate , Simethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Ethylhexylglycerin , Hexylene Glycol , Trisodium Edta , Dehydroacetic Acid , Phenoxyethanol <ILNILN33435>

Usage:

1. Once a week, open pores with warm water
2. Apply mask, and allow to dry.
3. Rinse well.

Origins Clear Improvement™ Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores
  • "I would rate this product 5 stars. The charcoal mask was extremely refreshing for my skin and my face honestly felt brand new after using it. It was gentle on my skin which was nice because I have very sensitive skin. I would definitely buy this again." in 76 reviews
Rania H.
New Carrolltn, MD
Best face wash and mask.. period.

I use this face wash with my clarisonic after oil cleansing and removing makeup. Just a pea sized amount will get you a nice lather, so even the trial size lasted me a good 2 weeks. Its a gentle cream wash, not a gel, and it produces a really luxurious lather that will leave your skin feeling squeaky clean. I have oily skin so i didnt experience immediate dryness after washing, but if you have normal/dry skin, I imagine it might.

The mask is another holy grail. It is extremely thick, and can tingle or even feel like burning so i dont recommend you apply this to raw/sensitive skin. I do not recommend you use this on exfoliation day.

Before I started using it, I would suffer bad breakouts of cystic acne around my cycle (and im one of the unlucky girls whose cycle comes every 3 weeks instead of 4). The first night i used it it left my face feeling baby soft, but I woke up the next morning with a few new pimples. However, the ones I had on my face before were much smaller, calmer and halfway healed. 2 days later, the pimples werent even noticeable.

5 days later, I used it again. I didn't suffer any breakouts the next day, and my tone looked a lot more even. I bought the full sized products at this point.

A few weeks later, I reduced my use to once a week (sundays). I still broke out about the same amount around my cycle, but the pimples would heal and be GONE in 3 days. About 3 months after continued use, i noticed I was barely breaking out at all - just one or 2 pimples on my chin around my cycle, and they'd be gone in 2-3 days. I didnt change up my routine to address the breakouts - stuck to using the foam cleanser after oil cleansing and the mask 1x a week.
Eveyln T.
Ludington , MI
Origins products work amazingly well on my skin. I use the foaming cleanser twice a day. It leaves no residue and your skin is squeaky clean and ready for your day or nighttime skin routine. I would definitely buy this product again. It is a great value and the product really goes a long way, requiring only a dime sized amount that I mix with a small amount of water before applying. The cleanser remains right where you put it until you rinse it off.

Origins Charcoal mask is also great for detoxifying your skin while leaving your face feeling firm and clean after removal. I highly recommend Origins products. In my opinion, they are definitely one of the better brands on the market.
Hailey T.
Holly Springs, MS
I do like this charcoal mask from origins but in a just friends kind of way. Like, it's not the love of my nor my skins life.  It does go on super easy and it doesn't take a whole lot so it lasts for a long time. It dries quickly but it seemed to pull my skin when it dried so I wanted it off right away.  Now It suggests that you open your pores before applying. I like the idea but not the practicality of it. I'm always in a hurry and always running late and adding proper skincare to my life has only amplified my time issue. Hovering over a sink with a towel around me while I blast the hot water to produce steam or draping a hot drippy towel over my face is not what I want to do. It frizzed my hair or drips on my clothes but if I'm heading to bed, I can handle it. Other than that, applying this mask out of the shower seems like the best plan except the last thing I want to do when I am freshly scrubbed is slather on a dark mask that is hard to get off and tends to stain. My big gripe is the stain issue. Yuck. This stuff turns everything grey that it touches and is hard to get off sometimes.  The real deal breaker tho is that I just don't see the results or feel that big of a difference.  It's eh for me.  Kind of a more trouble than it's worth situation.  So I have to go with the "just friends" approach. I may occasionally kick it with origins charcoal mask but they won't be my HG or the mask I choose to spend the rest of my life with.
Priscila S.
Colonia, NJ
Purchased at: Sephora
This stuff is truly amazing! I have a lot of black heads on my nose, and I feel insecure about them sometimes. I have tried literally everything and anything with charcoal in it or whatever promise to eradicate pores and blackheads. The only thing that ever cleared it was prescription acne medication and the combination face cleanser, moisturizer, glycolic acid cream, and epiduo my dermatologist gave me when I was in high school. After my face cleared up and didn't need such an extreme measure anymore, they came back. I recently found this stuff and it freakin works! When you first apply it to the face, you feel a slight tingling sensation and as if someone were gently blowing cool air unto your face, which I personally love (I know a lot of people that don't like it). After a few minutes, it does subside. Once you've washed it off with warm water, your face looks brighter, tighter, and glowing. To me, it seemed as though the blackheads on my nose had minimized by half the first time you use it. I think if you use it every other day or at least 3 times a week, it could potentially get rid of all of them. As a busy student, I don't get the time to do it that frequently but I am able to do it twice a week. I'm working up to at least 3 and then eventually to every other day. I haven't noticed much of a change to the 3-4 blackheads I have on my cheeks but I think a spot treatment overnight with the mask could really be beneficial. You also want to make sure your fave has been cleansed with a gentle cleanser before applying the mask and closing the pores after removing the mask with either cold water or a toner. Definitely moisturize right after as well. All in all, it's a great mask and definitely worth the price tag. I think the ingredients could be a bit stronger, especially the charcoal, but it is very effective. I would definitely recommend this mask to anyone struggling with a light amount of blackheads.
Breanna F.
Spokane Valley
I personally do not own this product, but tried this at a friends house! I was BLOWN AWAY by the difference I saw in my skin. My blackheads and pores were incinerated! The tingly sensation when first applying the mask is refreshing, like a cool breeze if that makes sense to anyone. Once I wash your face with warm water, I instantly saw a difference. My face was GLOWING. I 100% recommend this product, running out the door to buy some for myself!
Brianna O.
I purchased the origins gift set which came with a small mask, frothy face wash, and gel moisturizer. I absolutely love all three! The mask is gentle for a mud mask and not too drying. I follow it with the moisturizer and my skin is left glowing! This is a must try mask! Origins products are pricey but so worth it! Plus a little goes a long way! Origins Clear Improvement™ Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores
em M.
Denver
my sister gave me her sample of this mask, so i can’t give a full solid review. what i can say is this mask did feel as if it was working. i feel as if most people know that “burning” feeling that masks give, and i always take that as a “it’s working” feeling. i would purchase the full size, although i’ve heard the brand is expensive.
Jerrisha J.
I recently tried this product and I think it works great! It takes all the extra oil out of my skin and gives my skin a refreshing clean feel that I love. I have really bad acne so I’ve been looking for new face products that will help my skin and I’m glad I added this to my skin care regimen. I would definitely recommend this to others.
Kelsi B.
I used this charcoal mask and I really like it. It doesn’t leave my skin feeling dry like a lot of drying masks do. It seems to help draw out impurities. I prefer peels to masks so I don’t use it often but sometimes I use this mask in addition to an oil cleanse and salicylic acid to draw out blackheads and sebaceous filaments.
Carlee B.
I had been wanting to try this charcoal mask for my acne, and finally received a sample in one of my beauty subscription boxes. This product effectively drew out impurities from my face, and left it feeling so soft after I washed it off. I was more impressed with the similar glamglow mask, but this is still an effective mask.
megan A.
leictershire
Can I try this out I'm looking for a new product
Mirena C.
Blainville, QC
Does this leave the skin dry?