Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

What It Is:

We Formulate Without:
Parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, propylene glycol, mineral oil, DEA, petrolatum, paraffin, polyethylene beads, formaldehyde & animal ingredients*
*except cruelty-free honey & beeswax

How to Use

On makeup-free skin, open pores with warm, moist towel and layer mask on. Allow to dry and rinse. Use once a week or as often as needed.

Ingredients

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau; Myrtus Communis (Myrtle) Leaf Water , Kaolin , Bentonite , Butylene Glycol , Montmorillonite , Polysorbate 20 , Peg-100 Stearate , Charcoal Powder , Xanthan Gum , Lecithin , Peg-150 Distearate , Propylene Glycol Stearate , Sorbitan Laurate , Glycerin , Propylene Glycol Laurate , Simethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Ethylhexylglycerin , Hexylene Glycol , Trisodium Edta , Dehydroacetic Acid , Phenoxyethanol Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients. <ILN33435> Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.

Does this work? I was given this as a Christmas gift and it has been sitting on my counter. How often should I use it?
Does this product unclog pores?
What are the ingredients ?
Start your review of Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...helps after using each week. It makes my skin/face nice and soft. I have sensitive skin at times and it has never irritated me or caused my skin to become inflamed. It does wonders! I recommend it to others!” in 669 reviews
Pacific , WA
Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask uploaded by Tara M.
Love this charcoal mask. It’s nice and gentle on my skin but I definitely notice a difference in the look of my pores when I take it off. It has a different texture and the fact it feels like versus some of the other ones I have tried, I don’t think that’s a bad thing just a little different. I’m used to ones pulling a lot of oil out of my pores maybe not necessarily dirt but at least I can see you are my pores are when the mask dries but this one does not do that however for all I know that could be a good thing. It doesn’t break me out it doesn’t irritate my skinAnd I definitely recommend this to everyone
Forest Hills, NY
By far one of my favorite masks to use! I’ve purchased this mask over and over again because it’s just THAT good! I even purchase travel size charcoal masks for on the go! The reason I love this mask so much is because I actually feel my skin nice and clean when I use this mask! I leave the mask on about 15-20 minutes (keep in mind the mask needs to dry and really cling on to your pores for it to work!) I would definitely recommend this mask! I use it all the time when I’m breaking out and I notice it does make a difference!!
North Canton, OH
Purchased at: Sephora
I use this once a week if needed or on problem areas if i start to break out. This stuff definitely clears you out! Be prepared that you skin will be pretty red where ever you apply the mask but only temporarily from the charcoal cleaning out your pores. But for that reason I recommend doing this at night time if your doing a full face mask. Otherwise it’s kept my skin super clear since I’ve been using! Great charcoal mask Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask!
Roseville, CA
I have acne prone skin and so far its been gentle and not irritating, majority of the time I use this charcoal mask it makes my skin feel so much more refreshed and soft. Other days my skin just refuse to cooperate! The product in itself feels really good on your skin and you really feel it working into your pores. All in all, If you have acne it won’t necessarily make them go away nor make it worst. Great addition to liven up your skin care routine and to treat yourself!
This mask is great for those with oily to combination skin & those with large pores. It’s pretty fun applying this mask & feeling it work as you can literally feel your pores shrinking up. Be careful not to get it in your hair though because that can cause a big ole’ mess, trust me! Lol. After removing, you’ll definitely see a difference in pore size & your skin will feel clear & taught- in a good way. This is a best seller for a reason. It’s the OG rinse-off face mask.
Scranton
I love origins. Their brand is so gentle and efficient. This mask worked wonders for me when I used it consistently. I would use this mask twice a week for 2 months and I saw results each time. I had large pores which get clogged easily. This mask drew out all of the dirt,oil, and grime. It tingles while it’s on, but not in a burning way. It smells good and you get a lot in the tube. I would recommend this for anyone who struggles with pore related issues.
New City
This product did absolutely nothing for my skin. I had heard so many rave reviews about this mask, but ultimately, it was underwhelming. My skin looked exactly the same after using this mask consistently, and for the price, is definitely not worth it. If you’re a fan of clay masks I would recommend the Aztec clay mask. It’s much cheaper and works better than the origins one, although the Aztec clay is not amazing itself.
Las Vegas, NV
This is okay product it's neither nah or yay. It's just there to be honest. Yes my skin does feel good but thing that is life changing. I feel like you can find a more inexpensive version of this. To get the most out of this is to apply a warm towel to the face take it of once cool off that way it can open up the pores and the mask can truly take everything you have in there out.
Pullman, WA
I enjoy this mask because you can literally see it working! It sounds gross but it grabs the oils from your pores and you can see that when it is dry. The only thing that is tough for me is that it makes my skin a little too dry and I don’t buy it often because it is a little out of my price range. If I’m looking to clean those pores though, this is a great product.
Houston
Origins has all my favorite masks and moisturizers. Their products never feel harsh on my sensitive skin, and with this mask especially I see a noticeable improvement in skin texture and clarity after using. I buy this mask for all my friends and family every Christmas, because it really is good for all skin types since it’s not one of those overly drying clay masks. I have very bad hormonal acne and I even use this to spot treat some really active areas occasionally. By far my favorite masks for years.

692 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
providence, RI
a month ago
what is the best night time face oil for dry skin?Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil [product:dermadoctor-kakadu-c-20%-vitamin-c-serum-with-ferulic-acid-&-vitamin-e]