BY ORIGINS

Our clever cleanser balances faces with dry and oily places. This gentle, frothy face wash with Broad Leaf Kelp Extract, Wheat Protein and Tourmaline discourages excess oil production while protecting dry prone zones. Plus the aroma of Bergamot, Spearmint and Lavender refreshes. Skin feels comfortably clean. Never tight, pulled or parched.

• Does this product dry your skin out at all? Do you need a...6 Answers
  • Does this remove makeup or do i need to use makeup remove...4 Answers
  • Earn $251/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs &lt...1 Answers
Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash
  • "I use this product two times a day. My skin in on the oiler side and tend to have sensitive skin. It will also dry out with other products. However, the Origins Check and Balances face wash is amazing. My skin feels clean and fresh after using it. It does not dry out my face and it removes my make up. My boyfriend uses it as well. We have been using it for over a year now. It is my go to product. " in 380 reviews
  • "It smells like spearmint, froths like a dream (a little goes a long way) and really makes my face feel clean and soft!!!" in 8 reviews
  • "I have combination skin and have always struggled to find a face wash that could clear up my acne." in 7 reviews
  • "It is very creamy and foams up very nice so a little goes a long way which is great and it leaves my face feeling nice & fresh as well as glowing." in 5 reviews
Analyssa B.
Orlando, Florida
A little background, up until I purchased this product I'd owned more affordable face wash that did more than this. Im legit so disappointed with this due to all the hype it gets. I always seem to have one pimple that just moves around my face. I'll get one on my forehead and when that one goes away another will pop up on my chin, then on my nose, etc. But it's more of a nuisance than anything. I decided it was finally time to start taking better care of my skin so I did some research and found this face wash, and it was recommended to me by a friend. It sounded great and the reviews said it worked miracles so I thought surely it would be able to cure my simple 1 or 2 break outs. Right? So I took the leap, even though it was a little pricey, and I’ve had even more luxury face washes... I just never seemed to spring on more than $20 for a face wash.. (cream is a different story however.) The first 2 weeks I started using it I broke out MORE than usual. I was having my woman monthly so I thought it was my hormones going out of wack. My skin actually looked better when I didn't wash my face at all compared to this..but I wanted it to work. I'd also heard about skin "purging" when you first start using a new face product so I thought that must be it. So I gave it a couple more weeks, then I gave it a month. Then I gave it TWO months. Eventually, I went back to my minimal amount of breakouts. But my skin looks no better than what it did before when I wasn't using anything at all. I am so sad. I wanted this to work SO badly. I will say that the scent is pleasant and I like how it feels on my skin but I am truly, truly disappointed. I know everyone's skin is different so I'm sure it works for some people. But my skin is a strict dry combination, dry in the jaw, chin and cheeks a bit, only oily in my forehead and nose, plus I do have sensitive skin but no allergies to certain ingredients other than artificial fragrance..
Sammi K.
Middlebrg Hts, OH
This is my favorite face wash. I’ve been using this for years. I’ve tried to find others to replace it and there’s nothing like it. Origins kills it with their products and this is probably the best product in my opinion. It’s such a gentle face wash that leaves your skin feeling refreshed and cleansed. It’s not harsh but is still a deep cleansing formula. It doesn’t dry out your skin. The best part is, it isn’t expensive and it lasts long. I use a pea size twice a day every day and a bottle lasts me 2.5 months at least. It’s also great to use with a Clarisonic or any sort of deep cleaning brush.
Josie M.
This is a great 2nd cleanse in my routine. I love all of origins products and have yet to find one that my skin didn’t love. I gave one bottle to my boyfriend and his skin improved immensely in just one week of use. He’s since become a skin care snob, but this was his first cleanser that led him to the great world of skincare! :) this cleanser is not drying and it does lather quite nicely and gets all the dirt deep out of your pores. I’m a fan of origins and this is one of my favorite products that they carry.
Zoey N.
I needed a face cleanser that would strip off any dirt, any oil, or any residues left on my face after a long day. This is a really really great face wash for my combo skin. It’s not gentle but definitely not harsh at all. The best part is that it truly cleans your face. When using other cleanser, I still feel there is still something on my face. I understand that it means others won’t take away any moisture on your face. However, I prefer this one way better. After washing, your face is super super duper fresh and clean that you can hear “skrrrtttt” if you run your finger across your face. It does not dry out your skin! Just take away all that oiliness. Such a great product and this is a must have for me. If I lose it or run out of it, which never happens cuz I bought backups, I will immediately run out and buy one. That’s how much I love it! (They changed their packaging now)
Lauren K.
I love origins products so much! This balancing face wash does not disappoint. I use it on my normal skin during the summer when my skin can tend to get a bit oily. I think this works best for people with medium to very oily skin. Not too good for the dry types. This face wash leaves your skin soft and very clean feeling. Not too tight but you will definitely need to follow with a great moisturizer. Hope this helps!
Jane L.
I had a 50ml tube from a Christmas collection, and it lasted me for years, as I didn't use it all the time, only when travelling. It's minty refreshing, and a little bit goes a long way, as it suds and foams well. Everything you would basically want from a cleanser. I also had the Origins Pure Cream cleanser too. If your skin is on the drier side, I would recommend the Pure Cream as well.
Jan a.
Aptos , CA
Purchased at: Sephora
This facial wash is gentle on my sensitive skin, but strong in ought to clean the greasy of my T zone. Leaving my skin fresh but at the same time it won’t feel dry like paper, yes it balances my skin. Do exactly what is promises. Plus a little goes a long way with mild minty scent that is not overwhelming.
Em B.
As good as this brand is, I don’t llove this product. I got it for a good price at the time so tried it. I didn’t like the results, didn’t feel clean. It was gentle on my skin though which was nice. I am not sure if it was because of my acne and didn’t seem to help balance my color.  Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash
Yaya G.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! It is a 2 n 1! You can definitely use it as a face mask or a facial wash. This is what I currently use and I have introduced it to my little sister as she is currently experiencing some acne and it has improved her skin within a week! A little goes a long way so if used properly, you get many uses for its price point!
Noe E.
Honolulu, HI
Purchased at: Sephora
👎 I literally cringe when I hear people use this cleanser. Put it down and step away!! I like other Origins products but this cleanser is absolutely terrible.

Bought this cleanser 3 years ago when I started my skincare journey. I bought everything and anything, not doing a lot of research.

Let’s start off with ph level: 8.81 ⚠️ yeah don’t put this anywhere near your face. Nothing that goes on your face should be this alkaline. Recent studies say that alkaline skin aides the growth of bacteria and acidic skin has less bacteria.

Immediately after the first use, I knew this was not for my skin!! My skin was dry and tight and irritated. I used this only a few times before I threw this out. It’s actually ZERO stars for me. Me being naive and uneducated thought the "squeaky clean" feeling after cleansing was good, not!!! absolutely wrong, and that's where i think a lot of people go wrong. There are many good cleansers out there that leave your skin feeling CLEAN but not STRIPPED. theres a difference. I think like myself, a lot of people get caught in the “cycle” (by skincare brands to get you to spend more) of drying your skin out with bad cleansers and then trying to replenish your skin with a whole bunch of toners, serums, moisturizers, anything and everything.

Has this worked well for anyone else?

----------

MY CLEANSER SPIEL:
As Caroline Hirons says “clean skin is the first step in the rest of your routine”, picking a good cleanser is important!

A Good Cleanser IMO:
- gel or balm, non gritty/scrubby - can scratch or tear your pores
- no harsh foaming agents (some exceptions) - don’t strip your skin of natural necessary oils
- check ph level (between 4.5 - 5.5) - skin layer is more acidic, keeps nasty stuff away (don’t want to disrupt skin’s ph that much)

Good Cleansing:
- start with dry skin, dry hands (depends on which cleanser I’m using)
- cleanse every night (“the day” gets stuck to your face literally), not necessarily in the morning (sometimes I just splash my face with water)
- massage in upward circular motion, get under facial hair and breakup the dirt, get the blood moving
- use warm water - not hot, not cold
Emily Z.
Is it worth the price?
Marie T.
What's your skin type? Oily, dry or combination?
mariah G.
Does this remove a full face of makeup?
Emily Z.
How well does this work?
Rachel B.
Does this product dry your skin out at all? Do you need an extra moisturizer after you use it?

Dermstore

Dermstore was opened in another window. If you made a purchase CashBack will be automatically added to your Ebates account tomorrow.