BY ORIGINS #18 in Facial Cleansers

Our clever cleanser balances faces with dry and oily places. This gentle, frothy face wash with Broad Leaf Kelp Extract, Wheat Protein and Tourmaline discourages excess oil production while protecting dry prone zones. Plus the aroma of Bergamot, Spearmint and Lavender refreshes. Skin feels comfortably clean. Never tight, pulled or parched.

• Does this product dry your skin out at all? Do you need an extra ...4 Answers
  • Does this remove makeup or do i need to use makeup remover prior ...4 Answers
  • Earn $251/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "I use this product two times a day. My skin in on the oiler side and tend to have sensitive skin. It will also dry out with other products. However, the Origins Check and Balances face wash is amazing. My skin feels clean and fresh after using it. It does not dry out my face and it removes my make up. My boyfriend uses it as well. We have been using it for over a year now. It is my go to product. " in 380 reviews
  • "It smells like spearmint, froths like a dream (a little goes a long way) and really makes my face feel clean and soft!!!" in 8 reviews
  • "I have combination skin and have always struggled to find a face wash that could clear up my acne." in 7 reviews
  • "It is very creamy and foams up very nice so a little goes a long way which is great and it leaves my face feeling nice & fresh as well as glowing." in 5 reviews
Bridgett P.
Canyon, TX
Better than Accutane!! I'm not exaggerating when I say this face wash changed my life. I've had cystic acne for 10+ years & had tried everything (prescription gels & creams, lasers, facials, heat & spot treatments, antibiotics/medication, even proactiv) & nothing holds a candle to what this stuff has done for my skin. Wish I would've taken a Day 1 pic because I saw the most dramatic results in the first 10 days. The texture of my skin did a complete 180 & in less than a month my acne was GONE. Best part is I haven't had A SINGLE BREAKOUT since starting this stuff in November!!! There was like a 5 year period in my teens/early 20s where I had multiple breakouts DAILY, do you get how absolutely jazzed I am?!??! It also completely altered the natural oil-level of my skin: I've always had suuuuper oily skin & this stuff zapped it dry in just a couple weeks.... you know, kinda like how Accutane is supposed to work, but minus all the nasty side effects. My acne wasn't nearly as bad when I started C&B as when I started Accutane so it's not necessarily fair to compare the two, but I saw results much more quickly & consistently with C&B (It took several weeks for me to see results on Accutane & after a few months I experienced a sort of plateau where I never saw an improvement past that point) - and again, without the side effects, monthly pregnancy tests & blood work, mountains of paperwork, & hoops to jump through. Note: There's a month between each picture & the first is 2 weeks after starting. Unfortunately I don't have a "Day 1" comparison.Note: Around the time I switched to C&B I also started using Bio-Oil Specialist Moisturizer to treat my acne scars (the reason my face looks oily in the first 2 pics) & I fully believe it's helped the decline in hyperpigmentation. If you have acne scarring I HIGHLY recommend giving it a shot before blowing hundreds of dollars on treatments at a derm! I love these two products so much I'll probably ask to be buried with them.
Rachel F.
Cowlesville, NY
I would describe my skin as oil and acne prone. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world that can't find the perfect skincare regimen; mind you I go to a dermatologist and I used to see an esthetician. No matter what I purchased or tried nothing would help keep my oiley skin under control. I've searched the internet for countless hours trying to find beauty products that will help. My skin melts off my face no matter what primer, foundation or setting product I use. Whenever I went into Sephora, they would always say you want to focus on your skin first to help keep oils at bay. So I tried a few different face washes, one from my esthetician, and a few drugstore ones recommended to me by my dermatologist (cetaphil oil control). I kept failing, so I decided to purchase this face wash. I was not disappointed after reading the great reviews posted on Sephora. At first I put a huge dollop on my hand and massaged it into my skin and quickly realized a lot of this goes a long way so you only need a pea size amount if that. I lather it on my skin and leave it sit for a about 30 seconds morning and night and I can honestly say that I've seen a noticeably difference in oil levels in my skin. I've been experimenting with different face lotions trying to help my skin a little better (so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know, I've been using murad oil mattifier and it seems to be working pretty good.) But since using this face wash, my breakouts are less frequent and my makeup doesn't melt off my face by noon!
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
This is the best facial cleanser that I have ever used, I've been using it for quite a few years now and I will probably never use anything else. I think that this would be really great for any skin type. I have combination skin that is very sensitive and this cleanser works so well. It's very gentle and creamy and does foam up some, it isn't heavily perfumed or have any artificial coloring so I don't get any irritation when I use this product. I love that it doesn't dry out any of the dry patches on my face and at the same time it doesn't leave me feeling oily or leave any greasy type of feeling on the skin. You really only need a very small amount of this cleanser so it's worth the price and the container will last for a long time.
Morgan K.
Des Moines, IA
This face wash left my skin squeaky clean, literally. My face was squeaking as I rinsed It off. That means all the natural moisture from my face was completely stripped. My face was over dried and started breaking out because of this wash. This doesn’t mean necessarily that it’s a bad product, it just did not sit well with my skin at all. If your skin is on the oily to extremely oily side, this may be a good pick for you. My combination skin did not take well to this product. However, I did enjoy the frothiness of the product while in use. My skin was most definitely clean, no doubt about it. Just ended up very dry and irritated.
Brianna D.
Great Mills
Let me start off by saying, this face wash does take some getting used to. You have to find out how much of the product to use to get that lather, plus the feeling afterwards also takes some getting used to. I switched to this face wash because I wanted something that would really clean my skin without stripping it, and this DELIVERED! I have super acne prone skin, so I was worried that this would break me out, but it’s actually helped CLEAR my breakouts! My skin feels so clean and refreshed after using, and has a glow to it because it is not stripped of all its moisture. I love this product so far and will be repurchasing!
Angelica T.
Pacifica, CA
My skin type: late 30s, dry/normal combination, some hyperpigmentation, occasional hormonal acne

What I look for in a cleanser: Thorough cleansing without being drying, value for size, works well on its own or with Clarisonic brush
I don't expect a cleanser to really "treat" my issues, but to be effective at cleaning without leaving excessive residue, causing breakouts or excessive drying.

I have purchased Origins Checks and Balances several times over since first trying it, as it fits all my cleanser requirements listed above, and it's clear that I love it! I use a very small amount, less than half of a dime size squeeze, twice a day, and it lasts me around 5 months. It works wonderfully with a Clarisonic brush, or on its own.

My usual cleansing routine is:

Morning: Checks and Balances

Evening: Micellar water to remove mascara, then Checks and Balances, followed by micellar water as a toner.
When I wear foundation, I first use an oil cleanser then follow through with the rest of my evening routine.

Leaves my skin nice and prepped for serums, moisturizers, primer and/or foundation. Definitely has a clean spearmint smell, but not too perfume-y.
Shannon S.
Youngstown, FL
I got a sample of this wash in an order from origins and it sat around for a while, but when i finally tried it out i fell in loooove with it! Omg you just use the smallest amount and it lathers up amazing, and it has this minty like cool smell to it which invigorates your senses and your skin. I honestly was surprised how great this wash is and definitely bought the full size. If you have never tried origins products this is a good first product to try and also some things are a bit pricey but totally worth it plus you always get samples and great deals if you sign up for the emails!!!
Ashley V.
Manvel, TX
Not sure what the hype is about with this product but it’s one of the reasons why my skin pulled a 180 on me. I had combo/oily skin with very little redness and tiny pores so I bought this in hopes that it’ll balance my oily areas. Instead, it completely dried out my entire face after a few days of trying this product and my cheeks broke out in hives. To this day, my skin’s still completely dry and is now also sensitive and acne prone. Unless you have extremely oily skin, I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone.  Origins Checks and Balances™
Kenya W.
Where has this been all my life. This is one of the absolutely the best facial cleansers I’ve used for my combo skin. I have truly enjoyed using this the past few weeks! It takes off makeup completely and it also moisturizing the skin!!! I love this product! The smell is a faint peppermint fragrance and enjoyable for people with allergies or etc. Hasn’t irritated my eyes yet and it may not be the best price wise but so worth it!!!!
Violena D.
Tukwila, WA
Not my favorite cleanser
I have to admit…

If you are looking for something you can get a good lather from, but not swim
in bubbles – then this is for you! It has a subtle and pleasant smell with a
smooth texture that leaves you feeling clean.

The reason why I didn’t like it is because it
did leave my skin a wee bit dryer side on the apples of my cheeks. For that I have to give 4 stars. I do recommend that you give this a try. Even with
the dry patch on the apple of cheek, it made the rest of my face feel smooth
and soft.
Emily Z.
Is it worth the price?
Marie T.
What's your skin type? Oily, dry or combination?
Emily Z.
How well does this work?
mariah G.
Does this remove a full face of makeup?
Kasi P.
Does this face wash make your face dry?