BY ORIGINS #24 in Facial Cleansers

Our clever cleanser balances faces with dry and oily places. This gentle, frothy face wash with Broad Leaf Kelp Extract, Wheat Protein and Tourmaline discourages excess oil production while protecting dry prone zones. Plus the aroma of Bergamot, Spearmint and Lavender refreshes. Skin feels comfortably clean. Never tight, pulled or parched.

• Does this product dry your skin out at all? Do you need an extra ...3 Answers
  • Does this remove makeup or do i need to use makeup remover prior ...4 Answers
  • Earn $251/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "It smells like spearmint, froths like a dream (a little goes a long way) and really makes my face feel clean and soft!!!" in 8 reviews
  • "I have combination skin and have always struggled to find a face wash that could clear up my acne." in 7 reviews
  • "It is the only face cleaner that works on my sensitive skin by not drying it out or irritating it." in 6 reviews
  • "It is very creamy and foams up very nice so a little goes a long way which is great and it leaves my face feeling nice & fresh as well as glowing." in 5 reviews
Angelica T.
Pacifica
My skin type: late 30s, dry/normal combination, some hyperpigmentation, occasional hormonal acne

What I look for in a cleanser: Thorough cleansing without being drying, value for size, works well on its own or with Clarisonic brush
I don't expect a cleanser to really "treat" my issues, but to be effective at cleaning without leaving excessive residue, causing breakouts or excessive drying.

I have purchased Origins Checks and Balances several times over since first trying it, as it fits all my cleanser requirements listed above, and it's clear that I love it! I use a very small amount, less than half of a dime size squeeze, twice a day, and it lasts me around 5 months. It works wonderfully with a Clarisonic brush, or on its own.

My usual cleansing routine is:

Morning: Checks and Balances

Evening: Micellar water to remove mascara, then Checks and Balances, followed by micellar water as a toner.
When I wear foundation, I first use an oil cleanser then follow through with the rest of my evening routine.

Leaves my skin nice and prepped for serums, moisturizers, primer and/or foundation. Definitely has a clean spearmint smell, but not too perfume-y.
Rachel F.
Cowlesville, NY
I would describe my skin as oil and acne prone. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world that can't find the perfect skincare regimen; mind you I go to a dermatologist and I used to see an esthetician. No matter what I purchased or tried nothing would help keep my oiley skin under control. I've searched the internet for countless hours trying to find beauty products that will help. My skin melts off my face no matter what primer, foundation or setting product I use. Whenever I went into Sephora, they would always say you want to focus on your skin first to help keep oils at bay. So I tried a few different face washes, one from my esthetician, and a few drugstore ones recommended to me by my dermatologist (cetaphil oil control). I kept failing, so I decided to purchase this face wash. I was not disappointed after reading the great reviews posted on Sephora. At first I put a huge dollop on my hand and massaged it into my skin and quickly realized a lot of this goes a long way so you only need a pea size amount if that. I lather it on my skin and leave it sit for a about 30 seconds morning and night and I can honestly say that I've seen a noticeably difference in oil levels in my skin. I've been experimenting with different face lotions trying to help my skin a little better (so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know, I've been using murad oil mattifier and it seems to be working pretty good.) But since using this face wash, my breakouts are less frequent and my makeup doesn't melt off my face by noon!
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
Origins has to be one of my favorite skin care brands next to Mario Badescu. The first Origins product I tried was the Rosewater collection and I fell in love! Since then, I have always been on the lookout for the newest and best origins products to try. I just feel like they are very original and unique compared to other skincare products these days. Anyway, this facial cleanser works wonders. It smells amazing and works great at refreshing my complexion and soothing my stressed out skin. I love how it gently cleanses my face instead of the harsh chemicals found in most cleaners anymore. After just a few days of using this product I have fell in love with the way it has made my skin feel. I would highly recommend this product to anyone with pretty much any skin type!
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
This is the best facial cleanser that I have ever used, I've been using it for quite a few years now and I will probably never use anything else. I think that this would be really great for any skin type. I have combination skin that is very sensitive and this cleanser works so well. It's very gentle and creamy and does foam up some, it isn't heavily perfumed or have any artificial coloring so I don't get any irritation when I use this product. I love that it doesn't dry out any of the dry patches on my face and at the same time it doesn't leave me feeling oily or leave any greasy type of feeling on the skin. You really only need a very small amount of this cleanser so it's worth the price and the container will last for a long time.
Shabnam S.
Novato, CA
Not my favorite cleanser I have to say, though it has a lot of great reviews for combination skin, so oily or dry skin. I love the way it feels when you put it on and you only need a small amount and once you start applying it to your wet skin, it suds up and you end up with more cleanser on your skin than you stared with. The reason I didn’t like it was because it did make me break out into a lot of bumps all
Over my face. I wanted to like it but the reaction with my skin was a minus. Otherwise I would recommend everyone at least give it a try.
Mariah M.
Clinton Twp, MI
This face wash is so worth trying out! The ingredients are great for my acne prone skin. It is deep cleaning, but never drying. I also tend to have more oily skin in the summer and this face wash is my go to for those summer months! One of the best aspects of this product is the price point. For it's benefits and results, it is very comparable to other drugstore brands.
Lacey M.
Cadillac, MI
One of my absolute favorites! I usually purchase two at a time. Once I go through both I switch to “never a dull moment” and then once that is gone I get back to checks and balances. I do this because I feel like sometimes my face needs a change. One is a lathering cleanser and the other a clear cleanser. They bring different things to the table and I just love them both!
CC W.
Tampa, FL
I liked this a lot! I have oily skin and it definitely did not add to the oil. I would say that it didn't help with the oil management either, but as a general face wash it was great. I let my Mother try it out as well (who does not have oily skin) and she was obsessed with it. She now buys it regularly! It has a very refreshing feeling to it, and is definitely worth giving a shot!
Heather C.
Tampa, FL
This face wash is AMAZING.  I hate when my face wash doesn't really lather well because I don't feel like I am getting a really good wash.  However, this one lathers so nicely and spreads like a dreams to give me that deep clean feel.  Also, my face didn't feel oily at all after using this, which paired perfectly with my nighttime cream.
Megan M.
I used this product every morning, and it wakes me up in the morning. I've noticed that my skin is a lot softer after using this product, but that's about it. I like how it leaves my skin felling really soft, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. If you want a cleanser that leaves your skin really soft and smooth, then this is for you!
Emily Z.
Is it worth the price?
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
What's your skin type? Oily, dry or combination?
Emily Z.
How well does this work?
mariah G.
Does this remove a full face of makeup?
Kasi P.
Does this face wash make your face dry?