BY ORIGINS #3 in Facial Cleansers

Our clever cleanser balances faces with dry and oily places. This gentle, frothy face wash with Broad Leaf Kelp Extract, Wheat Protein and Tourmaline discourages excess oil production while protecting dry prone zones. Plus the aroma of Bergamot, Spearmint and Lavender refreshes. Skin feels comfortably clean. Never tight, pulled or parched.

• Does this remove makeup or do i need to use makeup remover prior to...4 Answers
  • I used this cleanser a few years ago and it seemed to work well. Is...1 Answers
  • I'm looking for a new facial regiment. I was wondering how this pro...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "It smells like spearmint, froths like a dream (a little goes a long way) and really makes my face feel clean and soft!!!" in 8 reviews
  • "I have combination skin and have always struggled to find a face wash that could clear up my acne." in 7 reviews
  • "It is the only face cleaner that works on my sensitive skin by not drying it out or irritating it." in 6 reviews
  • "It is very creamy and foams up very nice so a little goes a long way which is great and it leaves my face feeling nice & fresh as well as glowing." in 5 reviews
Stacy G.
Stacy G.
Beltsville, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
I discovered this amazing cleanser after hearing how great it was from one of my favorite YouTube beauty reviewers. I had been using Purity (by Philosophy) for years and my skin needed a change. I have combination dry/oily skin, oily t-zone but normal/dry on my cheeks. I went to the Origins store at my local mall and picked up
a smaller size tube to give it a try. You only need an amount the size of a pea to cleanse your entire face. I love this stuff! You apply it to a damp/wet face and rub around, it foams up as you cleanse and feels so refreshing. I actually leave it on for a minute before removing with a damp washcloth because it feels amazing. I wouldn't use this as a makeup remover, it will burn if it gets into your eyes, more as a morning cleanser or at night if you haven't worn makeup that day or have used a makeup remover first. I use exfoliating facial pads after using this as well. Stop by Origins or Macy's and get a sample if you haven't tried it, I'm pretty sure you'll be back for the large tube :)
Elise D.
Elise D.
Glendale, CA
Ever since I bought this back in summer of 2015 I have seen a great improvement in my skin's complexion. The name of the product really lives up to its name. I have combination/oily skin with some dry spots and since I've been using this gentle foaming cleanser, my oiliness has reduced and my dry areas are completely gone.

On top of my healthier skin complexion, my skin has also brightened and become less dull. The frothiness really helps to clean out my larger pores and leaves my skin feeling fresh because of the eucalyptus that's incorporated in the cleanser. Not only does my skin feel cool and refreshed, the scent helps my mind relax and unwind from my daily routine (work, school, errands, etc.) which is a plus because it's instant aromatherapy.

A little goes a long way since the point of it is to froth and clean, not slather all over your face. Using too much can make your skin feel too tight and uncomfortable.

I definitely recommend this to those with combination skin.
Hanne-Marie B.
Hanne-Marie B.
Robbinsdale, MN
This is without a single doubt in my mind, my holy grail face wash that I will always come back to. When I started using this, I had regular breakouts, both hormonal and just because my skin was obnoxious. I had blackheads across my nose and chin, and my skin was oily. I've used this now for over a year, almost daily, only occasionally swapped with a more exfoliating scrub to get rid of dead skin, but I no longer get breakouts, save for the occasional one pimple here or there, but also with this they clear up quicker than they have in the past.

This has a nice, minty, fresh smell to it, it tingles a little on the face, but in the way that just makes it feel like your face is clean. I love it. I will always repurchase it.
Brittney J.
Brittney J.
BEST FACE WASH EVER!! Like most girls, I tried soooo many different face washes out there to help with my dry/oily skin. Most products made me break out but then I found this gem. It barely takes the size of a dime and it lathers up SO much! Not to meant the smell is amazing and so calming. I saw a huge difference in my skin within the first week and I don't break out now which is awesome. I've been using it for a year now, I got the 5oz and it lasted me 10 months! That's how little you have to use each time, which makes the price soo doable. I just got my second one last week but this time I got the 8.5oz and it should last me the entire year!! Try it yourself, you won't regret it.
Meagan W.
Meagan W.
Argyle, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I picked up a sample size of this at an Origins store at a recommendation from the sales clerk. The reason that she recommended it was because I have oily skin and want a product that will clean my face well without irritating my sensitive skin.

Overall, I like the product. I love cleansers that produce a great lather/froth, and this definitely does. It cleans my face well without irritating it or making it feel parched. The only issue I have with it is that when I'm rinsing it off, my hands kinda "drag" across my face. It's hard to describe. I'm not sure if it's a residue from the product or what, but I don't really like it. However, I would probably repurchase this in the future.
Amy N.
Amy N.
This was hands down one of my best cleanser purchase ever. I'm always looking out for new cleansers and moisturizers because at some point, my current wash and moisturizer does nothing for my skin anymore. I was at Sephora one day and thought this cleanser was perfect! Why? That month, my skin was crazy oily at some parts and super dry at the other. So this cleanser seemed to be the perfect answer to my skin. It is supposed to balance my skin, hydrating parts that are dry and removing oil from places that don't need it. It makes my skin smooth without drying it to the point where my skin feels tight and dry. Definitely recommend this!
Alanoud A.
Alanoud A.
I love this face wash. it smells nice and it foams up rather easily. i recommend this for people who have combination or oily skin. if you have dry skin try to avoid foamy cleansers because they will make your skin even drier. i use this after i remove my makeup with an oil cleanser. i squeeze a tiny bit on my palm, add warm water and rub until it lathers, then I message on to my face for 30 seconds and wash off with lukewarm water. it gets rid of all the impurities and dirt, and my face feels fresh and clean. i do have to follow up with moisturizer right after as it dries up the skin a tad bit.
Kristin B.
Kristin B.
Amarillo, TX
The BEST cleanser for combination skin! This somehow keeps my oily sections under control, but in no way dry's out the dry parts of my face! With combination skin it can be hard to find skincare products, especially with such dramatic combinations of skin on my face, my T zone is SUPER oily, while my cheeks are so dry that if I don't use a very rich moisturizer they get ver flakey, as well as the areas around my nose, and this cleanser not only just "works" for my whole face, but seems to address both issues of oily and dry! I'd recommend this for any skin type!
Carrie K.
Carrie K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Checks and Balances quickly took first place as my favorite facial cleanser. I got a travel sized tube of it just a few months ago at Sephora. I tried it the first night and fell in love. It made my skin feel literally squeaky clean! I don't know how to describe the consistency of it. It's not a gel cleanser, but it's not a lotion either. It's sort of creamy. It smells like spearmint, but it's a good scent--not an artificial scent. Plus there are no harsh ingredients in it, so it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin in any way! My new favorite cleanser!
Princess S.
Princess S.
Los Angeles, CA
Origins checks and balance face wash is what I use in the morning and at night time for my combination skin. My T-Zone gets extremely oily, but the rest of my face gets very dry. This is the best of both worlds. It finds a way to completely hydrate and nourish all of my dry areas while still keeping the oily areas from getting overly saturated. My skin feels smooth and clean and fresh after I'm done.  It gets rid of all of the buildup from the day without harsh chemicals. My skin feels the cleanest it's ever been since i switched to this brand of face wash.
Is it worth the price?
Marie T.
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your skin type? Oily, dry or combination?
Emily Z.
How well does this work?
Kaitlyn S.
Kaitlyn S.
Florence, SC
Does this have a scent? Also is it drying?
Kasi P.
Kasi P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this face wash make your face dry?