BY ORIGINS #4 in Facial Cleansers

Our clever cleanser balances faces with dry and oily places. This gentle, frothy face wash with Broad Leaf Kelp Extract, Wheat Protein and Tourmaline discourages excess oil production while protecting dry prone zones. Plus the aroma of Bergamot, Spearmint and Lavender refreshes. Skin feels comfortably clean. Never tight, pulled or parched.

• Does this product dry your skin out at all? Do you need a...6 Answers
  • Does this remove makeup or do i need to use makeup remove...4 Answers
  • Earn $251/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs &lt...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "I use this product two times a day. My skin in on the oiler side and tend to have sensitive skin. It will also dry out with other products. However, the Origins Check and Balances face wash is amazing. My skin feels clean and fresh after using it. It does not dry out my face and it removes my make up. My boyfriend uses it as well. We have been using it for over a year now. It is my go to product. " in 380 reviews
  • "It smells like spearmint, froths like a dream (a little goes a long way) and really makes my face feel clean and soft!!!" in 8 reviews
  • "I have combination skin and have always struggled to find a face wash that could clear up my acne." in 7 reviews
  • "It is very creamy and foams up very nice so a little goes a long way which is great and it leaves my face feeling nice & fresh as well as glowing." in 5 reviews
Justine F.
BROOKLYN, NY
This face wash was pretty eh for me. I received a sample in my birchbox and I must say this lasts a long time. You really only need to use a little and it goes a LONG way. This stuff foams up like crazy especially when used with my foreo Luna.

My first thoughts when using it was that it smelled like toothpaste and took a heck of a long time and a lot of water to rinse off. I would feel like there would be residue left over / especially around my hair line / jaw.
I have normal to slightly oily skin and this face wash left me SQUEAKY CLEAN. Which I’m not a huge fan of— def have to bulk up on the serums / oils when I use this at night. My skin felt stripped of moisture and tight if I didn’t immediately apply my moisturizing products.

A plus was that I never saw any breakouts that could be linked to introducing this into my routine.

Random, but the product has a pearlescent white color which I found a little odd for a face wash. No need for a shimmer here & it only emphasizes the toothpaste vibes.

Overall this wasn’t a home run for me. I won’t be purchasing this in full-size in the near future.
Rachel F.
Cowlesville, NY
I would describe my skin as oil and acne prone. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world that can't find the perfect skincare regimen; mind you I go to a dermatologist and I used to see an esthetician. No matter what I purchased or tried nothing would help keep my oiley skin under control. I've searched the internet for countless hours trying to find beauty products that will help. My skin melts off my face no matter what primer, foundation or setting product I use. Whenever I went into Sephora, they would always say you want to focus on your skin first to help keep oils at bay. So I tried a few different face washes, one from my esthetician, and a few drugstore ones recommended to me by my dermatologist (cetaphil oil control). I kept failing, so I decided to purchase this face wash. I was not disappointed after reading the great reviews posted on Sephora. At first I put a huge dollop on my hand and massaged it into my skin and quickly realized a lot of this goes a long way so you only need a pea size amount if that. I lather it on my skin and leave it sit for a about 30 seconds morning and night and I can honestly say that I've seen a noticeably difference in oil levels in my skin. I've been experimenting with different face lotions trying to help my skin a little better (so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know, I've been using murad oil mattifier and it seems to be working pretty good.) But since using this face wash, my breakouts are less frequent and my makeup doesn't melt off my face by noon!
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
This is the best facial cleanser that I have ever used, I've been using it for quite a few years now and I will probably never use anything else. I think that this would be really great for any skin type. I have combination skin that is very sensitive and this cleanser works so well. It's very gentle and creamy and does foam up some, it isn't heavily perfumed or have any artificial coloring so I don't get any irritation when I use this product. I love that it doesn't dry out any of the dry patches on my face and at the same time it doesn't leave me feeling oily or leave any greasy type of feeling on the skin. You really only need a very small amount of this cleanser so it's worth the price and the container will last for a long time.
Brittany B.
San Diego
Well I've been using this Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash by Origins for quiet sometime now. I really like how it comes out creamy and foams into a frothy wash. This gentle cleanser has definitely improved the appearance of my skin. I had a few breakouts here and there with excess sebum build up, but after a few days of washing you can see a difference. However, my skin did begin to purge, but it was part of the process to having clear, radiant skin. Only thing is after washing it left my skin a tad dry, but my face is very oily, so it felt a little relieving to remove the excess oils. Overall, I am satisfied with this face wash and will continue to keep this apart of my skincare routine.
Lauren E.
Providence, RI
AMAZING. I love everything Origins for the most part but this cleanser is absolutely amazing. I use it after I’ve used Micellar water or Sweet Almond Oil to take off my make up at night and it will remove any residual left on my face. It also lathers to an amazing frothy consistency and a little goes a long way. My face always feels refreshed and clean when I’m done with my skin care routine and before I apply any serums or lotions. When I’ve used this in conjunction with the United States Toner and Night-a-Mins I have seen a way healthier complexion the next morning that continues to improve. You really can’t go wrong with this cleanser.
Angelica T.
Pacifica, CA
My skin type: late 30s, dry/normal combination, some hyperpigmentation, occasional hormonal acne

What I look for in a cleanser: Thorough cleansing without being drying, value for size, works well on its own or with Clarisonic brush
I don't expect a cleanser to really "treat" my issues, but to be effective at cleaning without leaving excessive residue, causing breakouts or excessive drying.

I have purchased Origins Checks and Balances several times over since first trying it, as it fits all my cleanser requirements listed above, and it's clear that I love it! I use a very small amount, less than half of a dime size squeeze, twice a day, and it lasts me around 5 months. It works wonderfully with a Clarisonic brush, or on its own.

My usual cleansing routine is:

Morning: Checks and Balances

Evening: Micellar water to remove mascara, then Checks and Balances, followed by micellar water as a toner.
When I wear foundation, I first use an oil cleanser then follow through with the rest of my evening routine.

Leaves my skin nice and prepped for serums, moisturizers, primer and/or foundation. Definitely has a clean spearmint smell, but not too perfume-y.
Ashley V.
Manvel, TX
Not sure what the hype is about with this product but it’s one of the reasons why my skin pulled a 180 on me. I had combo/oily skin with very little redness and tiny pores so I bought this in hopes that it’ll balance my oily areas. Instead, it completely dried out my entire face after a few days of trying this product and my cheeks broke out in hives. To this day, my skin’s still completely dry and is now also sensitive and acne prone. Unless you have extremely oily skin, I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone.  Origins Checks and Balances™
Kenya W.
Where has this been all my life. This is one of the absolutely the best facial cleansers I’ve used for my combo skin. I have truly enjoyed using this the past few weeks! It takes off makeup completely and it also moisturizing the skin!!! I love this product! The smell is a faint peppermint fragrance and enjoyable for people with allergies or etc. Hasn’t irritated my eyes yet and it may not be the best price wise but so worth it!!!!
Lisa G.
Houston
This is my all-time favorite face wash! First of all, it takes only a pea size amount rubbed between moist hands and a ton of foam forms! Thick, frothy foam! It will cover my entire face and neck, and even my chest area too. Leave it in for a minute or so then rinse and your skin is oil free without over-drying. The smell reminds me of mint and ever so slightly Fruit loops. It’s not overpowering at all. I always recommend this to all my friends. I’ve been living off a trial size I got for Christmas and I’m still not half way through it.
Violena D.
Tukwila, WA
Not my favorite cleanser
I have to admit…

If you are looking for something you can get a good lather from, but not swim
in bubbles – then this is for you! It has a subtle and pleasant smell with a
smooth texture that leaves you feeling clean.

The reason why I didn’t like it is because it
did leave my skin a wee bit dryer side on the apples of my cheeks. For that I have to give 4 stars. I do recommend that you give this a try. Even with
the dry patch on the apple of cheek, it made the rest of my face feel smooth
and soft.
Emily Z.
Is it worth the price?
Marie T.
What's your skin type? Oily, dry or combination?
mariah G.
Does this remove a full face of makeup?
Emily Z.
How well does this work?
Kasi P.
Does this face wash make your face dry?