BY ORIGINS #35 in Toners & Astringents

• "Love how this really helps me get rid of my breakouts." in 1 review
Georgie B.
Stockeld park, Wetherby
ORIGINS UNITED STATE BALANCING TONIC 👈🏽 SWIPE
This toner claims to be a tingly-cool, retexturizing tonic which refreshes, refines and rebalances faces with dry and oily places. Exfoliates away flakes, pore-clogging debris and smoothes rough spots. Laminaria de-shines T-zones without stripping. And Soy Protein protects moisture levels to prevent parching. It claims to reinstate skin's proper pH for a continuously comfortable feeling. A lot of claims. My skin has an oily T Zone but can be dehydrated around my cheeks and eye area, so this sounded great. I cleansed as normal, then put a small amount on a cotton pad and swept it over my face. The first thing I noticed was the smell, it’s quite a strong alcohol smell which was a bit over powering. The second thing is the packaging. There is no filter in the lid, as you can see in the second image. I kept accidentally pouring too much out! The toner felt very nice on my skin, not drying, but nice and cooling. I enjoyed how my skin felt after use. I do think it has helped my skin throughout the day, I found I didn’t apply as much powder to cover shine.
PROS: 1. Made my skin feel soothed and wasn’t dried out
2. Seemed to balance shine throughout the day
CONS: 1. Easy to pour out too much by accident...please change the lid origins
2. The alcohol smell is quite strong
Amy F.
This is a great toner especially if you have combination skin, because it helps to balance everything out oil wise. I like this toner because it doesn't have that typical astringent smell and burn associate with a lot of toners. I find that I can't use this every day because it tends to dry me out. However, when I have some breakouts this is one of the first products I reach for.
Carib C.
I haven't used this as much because the few times that I've used it, it doesn't seem to have any effect on my skin. I will keep giving it a chance.
Christina G.
Leamington, OK
I'm loving this toner! I have normal-oily combination skin with redness and annoyingly noticeable pores and find when I use this toner, my skin looks a lot more balanced and glowy. It stings a little and the smell is slightly medicinal which is why I give it 4 stars, but I will be keeping this as part of my daily skin care regimen.
Tabina N.
Perfect for spring/summer and my combination skin. It works great for if you have a spot where your skin is red or inflamed and won't go away.
Myriam D.
Union City, CA
This product was very fresh I loved to use before a moisturizing and after a peel to feel my pores more close and my skin so fresh
Mariana D.
Vancouver , BC
I use it everyday, since I lot of products together I can't tell if it made a difference or not. But before using it my cheeks were super dry a d my t zone very oily. Now for sure my skin is more balanced.
Roz G.
Minneapolis, MN
I really liked this and used it for a long time. I love how it cleans your skin after you washed it really getting rid of everything. It’s a little spendy and I felt like I went through it really quick but I liked it!
Alicia C.
I really do love the entire line of origins products. I feel that this one in particular leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and rejuvinated. I really want to see how long it takes to get noticible changed to my face and skin though. I use it to remove my makeup while adding whatever good quality it claims to add. I just dont notice a difference but it feels nice
Cassie T.
Naperville
Works great with any product! Wash your face and right after use this to grab whatever gunk is left over, you’ll be surprised! Gives an instant tingly, calming feeling all while giving you a deep clean
Sarah Alice S.
Alona R.
Santa Monica, CA
What skin care type would this be best for? Sensitive skin OK?
Radha J.
San Jose, CA
Monique C.
Boise, ID
Stephanie F.
Does this give a tingle on your face? What are ingredients?