BY ORIGINS #43 in Toners & Astringents

Buy on Sephora*
  • "Love how this really helps me get rid of my breakouts." in 1 review
Brie F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a pretty good toner and I really don't have anything negative to say about it I just found a toner that was better for me and my needs. I have enlarged pores and textures and that's what I wanted addressed. Unfortunately this toner did not address those issues but it doesn't make it a bad toner.
Emily P.
Vancouver, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I don't use this as often as I used to, but I used it a lot when my skin was freaking out. I had a lot of break outs happening, and there were dry spots around my nose and tops of my cheeks but at the same time the rest of my face was oily and parts of my nose were still oily. And after buying it and using it, I believe it helped even everything out. 3/5 just because I don't use it as much anymore, and the price
Kat S.
Ames, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this stuff religiously for about 6 months, I use on the hunt for a new toner and had came across this. It did help my skin a lot in keeping it balanced, I don't have much of a problem skin although. This toner worked nice but it just wasn't right for me, I wanted something that was more brightening for my face and did some things that this did not do for me. It is an overall good toner it just wasn't everything I wanted!
Elizabeth E.
N Bethesda, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
At first this product broke my face out, but after giving it another try, I love it. It is the perfect basic toner that everyone can use. I love the scent! It feels so refreshing to put on after cleansing and before putting on lotion. I now use this as my daily toner and it has improved the complexion of my skin!
Pauline S.
Sun City
I've been on a ph kick lately with my skincare and doing some investigating into the ph levels of products. This toner came up in a few of my searches for balanced skincare products so I decided to give it a try. I think it's OK but haven't noticed much difference yet. Also, the top keeps getting stuck! I don't know if that was just the luck of the draw and I got a faulty bottle but I struggle too much with this top!
Jake M.
I came across Origins United State Balancing Tonic while researching liquid exfoliators. I was drawn in by the promise of exfoliation while balancing out oily and dry areas. It also promises to clear out pores, smooth out skin and maintain moisture levels. I enjoyed swiping this across my face post-cleanse, but I didn’t find it to live up to all of its promises.If you use a toner in your regular skin care lineup, you will probably like this. It feels amazing and light on the skin and I love the feeling of having a final “cleanse” without actually doing a second/final cleanse. It reminds me of the old school Sea Breeze toners that I’d borrow from my older siblings a million years ago–except that the Origins United State Toner doesn’t dry out my skin like those toners used to. It does not leave my skin feeling tight or dry. It simply feels fresh and clean.
There are really no major lowlights, but I just didn’t fall in love with this product. I used it every night for about a month (and use it probably about once a week or so now–especially if I’ve laid on extra layers of foundation and want to make sure it’s all been removed). At first I thought I was going to be screaming from the rooftops about it, but after a couple of days it just didn’t seem to “wow” me. I also don’t have radically oily vs dry patches on my skin. Many reviewers who do, commented on how well it evened them out. So maybe my skin isn’t really in need of this product. Based on other reviewers, I’d suggest it for those people with really combination skin.
I think the main reason I didn’t fall for this one is because it didn’t seem to exfoliate my skin. If it did, I didn’t notice much of a difference. One oddball positive worth noting–it has made me more aware of my lack of cleansing skills when I saw how much makeup and/or dirt came off on the cotton pad once I swiped this toner across my face.
Hannah C.
St Petersburg, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Origins Balancing Tonic is just like all of Origins other products: PERFECT. This toner meets all of my skin needs. Sloughs away rough patches to even out skin tone, helps control my oily areas and keeps all other parts nice and hydrated. It never strips my skin leaving it uncomfortable like some products that contain alcohol. This is probably my favorite toner from them by far!
Hannah L.
Origins products are definitely on the pricier end for my budget but definitely worth it!  If you can find out when they'll be having sales, stock up.  This toner lasts so long and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and not at all oily.  I've tried other toners but they all dried out my skin too much.  This one is gentle but still limits any oily build up.
Emma L.
Trumbull, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
Tingly! Oh so tingly. Felt like a tingly cool dream on my skin. After the tingles wore off however, I didn't really notice any sort of benefits to the appearance or feel of my skin. After paying 30 bucks for it, I expected a little bit more. Probably won't buy again.
Alexandra B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This face tonic is really amazing and I highly recommend this product, revitalize and restore my skin, is really easy for use , also is a 100% natural and organic and the price is great for the best benefits, you can get great benefits for a low price ,
You can find the best ingredients for skin treatments for that reason always I prefer origins for my daily skin care .
Sarah Alice S.
Alona R.
Santa Monica, CA
What skin care type would this be best for? Sensitive skin OK?
Radha J.
San Jose, CA
Stephanie F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this give a tingle on your face? What are ingredients?
Monique C.