BY ORIGINS #44 in Toners & Astringents

• I have really red skin , will this make my skin red or does it he...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Love how this really helps me get rid of my breakouts." in 1 review
Jake M.
I came across Origins United State Balancing Tonic while researching liquid exfoliators. I was drawn in by the promise of exfoliation while balancing out oily and dry areas. It also promises to clear out pores, smooth out skin and maintain moisture levels. I enjoyed swiping this across my face post-cleanse, but I didn’t find it to live up to all of its promises.If you use a toner in your regular skin care lineup, you will probably like this. It feels amazing and light on the skin and I love the feeling of having a final “cleanse” without actually doing a second/final cleanse. It reminds me of the old school Sea Breeze toners that I’d borrow from my older siblings a million years ago–except that the Origins United State Toner doesn’t dry out my skin like those toners used to. It does not leave my skin feeling tight or dry. It simply feels fresh and clean.
There are really no major lowlights, but I just didn’t fall in love with this product. I used it every night for about a month (and use it probably about once a week or so now–especially if I’ve laid on extra layers of foundation and want to make sure it’s all been removed). At first I thought I was going to be screaming from the rooftops about it, but after a couple of days it just didn’t seem to “wow” me. I also don’t have radically oily vs dry patches on my skin. Many reviewers who do, commented on how well it evened them out. So maybe my skin isn’t really in need of this product. Based on other reviewers, I’d suggest it for those people with really combination skin.
I think the main reason I didn’t fall for this one is because it didn’t seem to exfoliate my skin. If it did, I didn’t notice much of a difference. One oddball positive worth noting–it has made me more aware of my lack of cleansing skills when I saw how much makeup and/or dirt came off on the cotton pad once I swiped this toner across my face.
Divya R.
Camas, WA
I was in desperate need to get my skin together after so many blemishes, redness, dark spots then to top it all off; whiteheads!! Disgusting, I know. Went in to Origins to figure out the best routine for me as my wedding was in a few months. The customer service is amazing. They really talk to you to understand your needs. I walked out with a few products along with this toner. 2 weeks in to my regime I was actually receiving comments on my skin from coworkers!!! All my white heads were gone and I noticed that there was still that one stubborn, noticeable white head that just would not go away. Then, I took my concern to Origins and the lady told me to start using the toner twice. Before washing your face and after. I though this was some scheme for me to finish up the product quickly but it wasn't. A week later, I woke up white head free. It totally disappeared.
Jia K.
Boston, MA
I've got pretty bad combination skin; a t-zone that spits oil out like a spring and everywhere else on my face is a desert. So I was searching for products that would balance me out or hydrate without being oily. I use this in conjunction with the Origins Make a Difference + rejuvenating treatment moisturizer. I feel clean after using this toner and it doesn't break me out. My skin has started clearing up since changing my routine, but as for how big of a role this toner played... It's a bit pricey, but worked out for me. I bought it during one of Origins promotions, though. So unless you get a discount on it (which happen pretty often)... I probably wouldn't pay full price.
Ciara S.
Temecula, CA
I love United State balancing tonic by Origins. This stuff helps to re-balance you skin to it's proper pH. It's gentle and it has a spearminty tingle that it gives when you use it that is refreshing and it smells really good. It keeps my t zone from being shiny but it doesn't strip my skin and feel it leaving tight and dry like most others do. I would definitely recommend this to those with combination or oily skin. I buy mine directly from the Origins store or at Macys. Price wise it is more expensive than drugstore brands at $22.00 but it does last a good amount of time, and the results are great.
Alyssa H.
Overland Park, KS
I've only owned this product for 2 days and I can already say that it has mad a different in the oils in my skin. I went to Sephora searching for a face mask or exfoliant that would help me maintain my T-zone oiliness and the lady suggested that I try a toner. She was absolutely right. I've tried many origins products and haven't been disappointed yet. This is gentle enough to use every day and has a great scent. A little goes a long way. I used a micelllar water to take off my makeup, then used a cleansing mask, used the toner and then moisturized and I can honestly say my skin hasn't felt cleaner.
Connor C.
Joppa, MD
I have combination skin so this product only works for me during the Spring and Summer months! I give it a 4 rating because it works amazingly but being able to only use it 6 out of 12 months is a problem when the product lasts for a year! I usually have to switch to a new toner for fall and winter and when spring rolls back around the half bottle I have left doesn't really perform as well as I'd like. But that is not a flaw in the product just a little annoyance!
Jessica C.
For a long time I did not believe that your skin really needed toning post cleansing, however a friend of mine got me back into using toner and I have yet to find one that I like better than this!! I have tried toners from all different brands, expensive, to drug store generic and this one is the absolute best. Nothing makes my skin feel as great as this post cleansing and I can actually see all the left over grime coming off on my cotton pad with this toner!
Ana P.
Boston, MA
I love this toner! My skin type is oily combo which can be super frustrating. My T zone will be an oil slick but around my mouth will be flaky and dry. This makes it difficult to find one skin care item that works for my whole face. This does a great job of removing my excess oil and mattifying my T zone without stripping my skin and drying out around my mouth. It took about a week and a half to see really good results but was totally worth the wait!
Cindy Y.
My boyfriend picked this up last year and he really likes it. I use it occasionally when I'm at his house and I really like it too. It helps remove excess oil without drying out your skin at all. It really helps balance out the levels of your skin. It doesn't sting and doesn't have a strong scent, so for those with sensitive skin this would be great! It works well for combination skin and really helps with those pesky dry/flaky patches.
Aida A.
Montgomery Village, MD
This toner was amazing! It removed whatever was left behind after washing my face but most importantly it did not dry my face. The winter is my skin's enemy and it is hard finding products that are hydrating. I always dread trying new toners because they dry my skin but Origins removed all the bad stuff from my face but kept the little moisture my face has. My skin was clean, fresh and smelled amazing.
Sarah Alice S.
Alona R.
Santa Monica, CA
What skin care type would this be best for? Sensitive skin OK?
Radha J.
San Jose, CA
Monique C.
Boise, ID
Stephanie F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this give a tingle on your face? What are ingredients?