Add a Photo

#43 in Cookies
Photos (7)
Amparo D.
Amparo D.
I'm not sure who came up with the original Oreo cookie. I'm going to assume his name was Mr. Oreo. I don't know what else he would be called.

Mr. Oreo got a lot of things right with his original cookie - the chocolate flavor was great, the texture of the cookie was perfect, and the consistency of the creme is not too hard, but not so soft that the cookies won't stick together. Surely, this was the pinnacle of sandwich cookie innovation.

However, Mr. Oreo got one thing critically wrong....the cookie to creme ratio. Nabisco saved the day in 1974 when they introduced this, the Double-Stuf Oreo (mislabeled on Amazon as Double "Stuff", which is nigh-inexcusable), the inevitable correction to the cookie's only flaw. I can hardly describe the perfection achieved by this wonderful confection. The cookie that was perfected in ages past is coupled with what should always and forever be known as the proper amount of oreo creme filling. The original oreo is seriously lacking in comparison.

As a postscript, don't let the haters tell you there is only 1.84 times the creme, rather than double - since when was double a mathematical term that meant precisely twice as much, anyway?
Taylor M.
Taylor M.
I do love Oreos a lot!! But I honestly think the double stuffed ones are just too much. The inside is good but when they are double stuffed it is just too powering. Therefore the cookie isn't proportioned because the putter pieces and the inside aren't even so it is not as good because it is too rich. I also like the vanilla Better because the chocolate is just too Much chocolate for me
Cara M.
Cara M.
All I have to say is double stuf- these are so delicious! My fiance eats them up so fast I have to continuously purchase more. I personally think they are a bit more artificial tasting (but I also do not eat cookies as much as he does). He would recommend to others and so would I, if people love Oreos! I think this is for the classic Oreo lover that is looking to branch out
Giselle R.
Giselle R.
Round Rock, TX
Jan. 21, 2017, 8:55 p.m.
Review for: Cookies 17 oz
I LOVE LOVE LOVE OREOS!! I could eat these all day they are so tasty. The one thing that i don't like at all about oreos is that over the years the packaging has gotten smaller and smaller. There is less product in the package and the price has gone up. Years ago there used to be a lot of cookies in a bigger package for a cheaper price
Loly S.
Loly S.
Loma Linda, CA
I personally am not a fan of Oreo cookies. You can get a much healthier snack that tastes sweet instead. The product is fattening and I feel like I ate crap after eating this. If you're into processed snacks, go ahead and get this, but if you're more into healthy snacks, opt for organic chocolate or cookies from Trader Joe's instead.
William S.
William S.
Independence, MO
You would think that chocolate cream double stuff inside of a chocolate cookie would be overkill, but your wrong. Its just a chocolate lovers dream come to life. I have to be in a moo for chocolate and have a cup of ice cold milk while eating them, but then all of those stars align, something heavenly happens to my taste buds!
Ava V.
Ava V.
Allen, TX
Nothing beats the original but this comes in quite the close second. It's almost just as delicious as the original oreo, but has some perks of its own, such as being double stuffed which definitely gives it some points there. I would still probably stick with the original but this is still really good!
Lindsey P.
Lindsey P.
Germantown, WI
Oreos are my favorite I love how they taste especially when dipping them in milk. I don't like the thin ones because their so skinny. I love the original ones and the mint ones. I usually only get them at Walmart they are cheaper. I would definitely recommend this to others who haven't had Oreos
Lucy G.
Lucy G.
Brooklyn, NY
I think this is a great take on the original. So so yummy and I'm a huge chocolate fan so obviously I LOVED these. SO tasty!!! Oreos are obviously not the healthiest product for you but they are so delicious. Once in a while you just need an Oreo! I would definitely recommend these to a friend.
Connie L.
Connie L.
Irvine, CA
Dec. 3, 2016, 8:12 p.m.
Review for: Cookies 17 oz
It tasted like regular Oreo cookies in my opinion, just a little bigger in size and a little more creamy. I like Oreos and it didn't make a huge difference to me so I would buy it again if given the option! It is a little sweeter in my opinion so I would recommend it to people who like sweets.
Brittanie B.
Brittanie B.
Concord, NC
How can i make Oreos into something even better than the cookie itself?
JENNIFER G.
JENNIFER G.
Philpot, KY
CAN I USE THEM IN A RECIPE TO MAKE THEM INTO SOMETHING ELSE OTHER THAN JUST OEROS.
Laura D.
Laura D.
Bel Air, MD
Where can I find these? I've never seen them in the stores.
Mitzy D.
Mitzy D.
Ruther Glen, VA
Who has tried these? what do they taste like? & where can i find some?
Ade S.
Ade S.
What is your favorite flavor of these cookies?