Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes

by Ore-Ida

The best food starts with the best Ingredients. Since our beginnings over 50 years ago, Ore-Ida has been located in the heart of america's finest potato growing region--the pacific northwest. In fact, the name Ore-Ida is a combination of "oregon" and "idaho." That's how proud we are of our great potato heritage. Surrounded by the nation's best potato farms, Ore-Ida partners with farmers who meet our high standards to bring you the best potato side dishes in america. We hope your family enjoys eating them as much as we enjoy making them. ; Recipe: cheesy potato casserole.

Are these very salty ?
How do I get these crispy like in a restaurant?
Start your review of Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes!
Connie G.
Edmonton, KY
Purchased at: Walmart
These Ore-ida hash browns are wonderful to keep on hand for many things. They are great tasting for regular hash brown recipes . I make a delicious casserole by adding lots of other ingredients I have on hand that I need to use up. Just make something up out of your head and add shredded cheese. Delicious.
Charlie D.
Brooklyn, NY
Great addition for any grand slam breakfast. We use them mostly on weekend but the taste and addition to eggs is amazing
Monique A.
Austin, TX
Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes uploaded by Monique A.
Purchased at: H-E-B
Brunch Sundays are HUGE for my family. They look forward to them each week. So when the family requested Hash-brown Quiche, we obviously chose the best to make the crust - Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes! It has to be the hash browns that taste and cook the best! #comfortmeal HASH BROWN QUICHE Ingredients * 3 cups, shredded frozen hash browns, thawed and drained * 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted * 3 large eggs, beaten * 1 cup half-and-half * 3/4 cup diced cooked ham * 1/2 cup diced green onions * 1 cup shredded Cheddar * Salt and freshly ground black pepper Directions 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. 2. Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss the hash browns with the melted butter into the plate. Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp. 3. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven. 4. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for about 30-50 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed. #breakfasttime
Brittany M.
Chantilly, VA
Purchased at: Walmart
So good and easy to make! I like to cook it in my waffle iron! Great product that lasts long in the freezer.
Julie H.
Sharon, PA
Ore Ida potatoes in general are good. You can always count on them to be crispy and make your dish tuen out great!!
Caitlin H.
Shakopee, MN
Purchased at: Target
Super affordable and something that goes with every breakfast! Not a bland flavor like the off brands. Would be nice to have more variety.
Monica T.
Monument, CO
Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes uploaded by Monica T.
Purchased at: Walmart
I lobe these hash brown style shredded potatoes! I eat them nearly every morning in my #feliciacombo. They are so easy to cook. Just throw them in the pan, season, and they are done in 5 minutes. The serving size is huge too!
Denise W.
Marietta, GA
When I'm in a hurry and don't have time to cut my own potatoes but I have a taste for a homestyle breakfast, these are my go-to hash browns.  Affordable enough to buy three or four to keep in the freezer.  They are a mainstay in my freezer.
Nicole C.
Madison, VA
Purchased at: Walmart
Shredded hash browns are part of my to-go breakfast! I usually buy the great value one at Walmart because it’s cheaper. I preheat the oven to 400 degrees and while I’m waiting I mix the hash browns on a baking sheet with olive oil, s&p, paprika and then shake them so they let flat on the pan. I pop them in the oven while it’s still preheating and then take them out after 25 mins. Sooo good!
Alanna D.
Plainfield, NJ
I love this product it tasted really good it’s great to cook with the packaging is beautiful