BY ORBITZ TRAVEL

Orbitz Travel
  • "I always check Orbitz and other travel websites before I book and usually competitors have slightly better prices or options (shorter layovers, airports I prefer, etc) but Orbitz is decent." in 5 reviews
  • "From my experience, their prices are extremely competitive and their customer service is fantastic if you ever need to call (such as for trip interruption or travel insurance)." in 5 reviews
  • "But lately I've been able to find better deals and better options for if the military cancels on us last minute for plans." in 5 reviews
  • "Our friends always use Orbitz to book their vacations to Mexico and Punta Cana." in 5 reviews
  • "The process is not user friendly and lots of add and pop-ups on the website that make it unattractive." in 5 reviews
Josie J.
The worst customer service ever if you are looking to make a change to travel plans or have to cancel. I would shy away from booking with them. They are often buying group blocks and breaking them off to various people so when you go to change or cancel the change or cancel policies are so strick at they would be for a group rate. Basically not allowed at all. Long hold times are also a pain here.
Jeremy W.
Modesto, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I LOVE Orbitz! I have racked up SO many rewards with them. I go back and forth between Cheap Air and Orbitz depending on how far in advance I am booking. Generally, it comes down to something as simple as layovers or flight times to make my decision. I do love the rewards with Orbitz though, they have come in VERY handy.
Amber D.
Manchester, KY
While it's an alright third party for booking hotels, I will hand them credit for doign the Orbitz Credits where you can get a discount on hotels with accumilating enough points. But overall the prices just don't seem competitve and usually are the same price as other third party hotel booking sites.
Christen F.
Manalapan, NJ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Well Orbitz does give you a good price, they do forget or leave out information about your airline tickets.  If you buy the cheapest ticket after you buy it, you are told you can not pick your seat.  Well, I was traveling with my son, I needed to sit with him.  They only way to go around this was to cancel my tickets and repurchase them... and your refund take 7 - 10 days.   No Thanks!!!
JayLynn E.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I found amazing deals and offers on this side and the app. Even when its a last minute trip, I have always found great deals that made it easy for me to deal with. Affordable and convenient. Helpful in every way no matter your situation. Awesome site.
Kelli C.
Cleveland, MS
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I love the Orbitz bucks you can get through booking. It's super user friendly, and I love how you can save trips to a board to remember in the future. It's easy to search for hotels and flights along with cars. The app is super friendly!
Danielle N.
Orlando, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Used this site once in my life a few years ago and didn't like it, screwed up my flight and hotel! It might be better now but I'm going to stick with my gut instinct and keep my opinion as it is! Atleast I tried it right?
Erin L.
Alexandria, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Recently booked a trip to Jamaica for this summer. Had an absolutely HORRIBLE experience with 3 different call center employees. Their site states that they have the price match guarantee, however it is not accurate, and when calling to see if they can update the price match (according to the rules and disclosures of them) that you are able to change hotel and such according to best price guarantee up to check in, they would not honor it and told me that I needed to cancel my entire trip, then pay a 150 dollar fee for the flights, and then rebook, which would not save me money, and it would jump the cost of them. I was extremely disappointed, and really wish that I would have booked elsewhere. I know everyone has different experiences, but for out first time booking with Orbitz, it is our LAST. Very long hold times over the phone, employees whom are very hard of understanding and very very RUDE!
Layne P.
Winthrop, MA
I cannot say enough good things about my most recent experience with Orbitz. Typically I book my own vacations (airfare, hotels, car rentals, etc) to save money, but as the purpose of this trip was to relax before the arrival of my baby, I decided to let Orbitz do the work for me. I found a coupon that made our two round trip tickets and beachfront resort in Barbados come to $1400. I unfortunately had to cancel the trip due to the presence of Zika in Barbados. I called Orbitz and 4 days later, the FULL refund was in my account, no questions asked.
Racheline M.
Brooklyn, NY
My one true travel booking source both within the U.S. and abroad. I travel all over the world, often between destinations in Europe/Asia/Africa before returning to the U.S. The only major problem I ever had involved something I didn't book through Orbitz. Excellent hotel selection as well. Be aware, however, that Americans always seem to complain that hotel rooms in Europe are too small -- they're just small! It's got nothing to do with the quality of the hotel, so disregard that annoying feature in reviews.
Charlotte D.
Westbury, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is orbitz the best for finding the cheapest tickets?
Krishna M.
San Francisco, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Is the site easy to use?
Vickie T.
Orbitz vs. Expedia?
Holly B.
Belleville , Mi
Why can't you put in flexible dates
Caitlin G.
Las Vegas, NV
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Why orbitz? Why not Expedia?