ElectronicsComputersNetworkingNetgear
Orbi Whole home Mesh WiFi System 3-Pack, with Advanced Cyber Threat Protection

Orbi Whole home Mesh WiFi System 3-Pack, with Advanced Cyber Threat Protection

by Netgear

Reduce your risk of cyber threats with the Orbi RBK53S. Learn more about our whole home mesh WiFi system with 1-year of NETGEAR Armor protection.

How many for a large home?
Looking for help on the best places to put them in your home to maximize WiFi signals [product:google-inc-google-google-wifi-ac1200-dual-band-whole-home-wi-fi-system-3-pack-white]
Do you have to pay to use the wifi, if so how much?
Start your review of Orbi Whole home Mesh WiFi System 3-Pack, with Advanced Cyber Threat Protection!
Lookits K.
Knoxville
Techie Expert Level 1
Orbi Whole home Mesh WiFi System 3-Pack, with Advanced Cyber Threat Protection uploaded by Lookits K.
Purchased at: Best Buy
Review for: Google Nest WNGOGA0157US Google Wifi Dual-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System
Wow! Great purchase with the Google wifi!! Beyond easy to install, it was done in 10 minutes!! It reaches to all areas of my home with perfect connection everytime!! Google has really step the game up with this one!! I recommend everyone try this one out!!!
Tammy B.
Hephzibah, GA
Techie Expert Level 1
Orbi Whole home Mesh WiFi System 3-Pack, with Advanced Cyber Threat Protection uploaded by Tammy B.
Review for: Google - Google Wifi Ac1200 Dual-band Whole Home Wi-fi System (3-pack) - White
My husband bought this at Walmart and it was such a game changer. There is no more wifi issues. It comes in clear even when we are outside in the back yard. We have a lot of Google products in our home. Phones,wifi,smart speaker,smart lights, Google hub. Google products make our lives easier on a daily basis.
Rohini S.
Seattle, WA
Techie Expert Level 5
Purchased at: Costco
Review for: Orbi Whole home Mesh WiFi System 3-Pack, with Advanced Cyber Threat Protection
This is an absolutely amazing system! Huge plus if you live in a bigger home. It helps create that network where you no longer have any network drops throughout your home and you can maintain higher download speeds that what direct connection may give. It’s worth the money!
Rhonda M.
Techie Expert Level 1
We are a customer (or victim ) of Spectrum. We have a lot of internet issues. I use to be with roadrunner for years and we just recently switched. We have a lot of issues with inconsistency and etc. every time I called into Spectrum it is always the same thing that it is MY wireless router. It is never ever their stuff. I got so sick and tired of hearing this. I researched and went out and bought this new router system for our home. I want to eventually switch to GOOGLE Fiber when it’s available anyhow so I am just prepping myself to have everything the same. I like this router system but it is not without fault. The design is simple and elegant. The 3-pack arrived in what I would describe as Google’s minimalist approach to packaging, devoid of clutter and waste – or in other words – much like their packaging approach for mobile phones. The container securely holds the three pods and tucked away underneath each is a separate box containing the power wart and attached cable. No additional crud to store or throw away. The units are diminutive and feel solid in the hand, with great rubber pads and a centered, striped section that illuminates to show status and activity. Initial Setup Setup was so simple and presented nothing in the way of complication. This is what I expect from Google engineers. Brilliant. You simply plug the first unit into your modem or existing router via a CAT cable and then you connect the power wart and you’re off to the land of mesh by adding the next two pucks to the environment. I personally found the Android app to be completely straightforward, intuitive and brilliant in approach. The app sequences through a few steps that employ both wifi and Bluetooth functionality to communicate to the wireless ‘pucks’ and within no time at all – really – the mesh was complete, the firmware updated and the status clearly displayed within the app. I believe Google was aiming for simplicity and in my mind, they nailed it. The app just needs a few more bells and whistles to be able to compete with less expensive solutions but at this early stage of the game – it does everything it needs to do. Internal Configuration These aren’t your standard faire routing devices and with that in mind, you’ll need to utilize the Android or iOS mobile apps to bring it all together and setup the particulars. From what I see – and I expect the features to expand with future firmware & app updates – there’s not much to fiddle around with internally and more interesting, is that the minor set of advanced features that are present are managed through the Google cloud. Some folks may be put off by that. You can control family time via the app although it does fall short of providing comprehensive ‘scheduling’ control for the radios. That’s an oversight in my mind. You can also control the brightness of the indicator lights from the same app. That’s a cool feature. Each puck only has 2 Ethernet ports, so if you’re someone who has the need to do physical connections to more than 1 device nearby to the primary ‘node’ or puck or more than 2 devices down-stream, you’re going to need to pony up for some switches. Additionally, Google has chosen to not include any USB ports for localized storage enhancements. Just another ploy to push people into becoming dependent on the cloud. In my mind, these facets of the design limit the scope of this system to a wider audience. In a nutshell, the app configuration method is sure-fire easy and should appeal to the plug-and-play crowd that live through their phones – for what I believe is the intended market. Performance The Google wifi mesh system quickly adapted to the existing network present in my home, automatically selecting channels ‘around’ those that were present & accounted for by way of my Linksys router. When I went into my Linksys and forced different static channel assignments, even in the more congested bands, the Google mesh automatically reassigned without any overlap with competing channels. In other words, if you want to add the Google wifi mesh to your existing home setup – you can – and you need not worry about flipping some switches on either end of your hardware arrangement to enable ‘bridge mode’. These things bridge straight out of the box. Again – brilliant. As for overall performance, I do have to ding these critters for not being up-to-snuff vs. my existing wireless network arrangement. I didn’t experience any random disconnects or perceivable lost connections in 1 months’ worth of trials – but the speed was mediocre at best. My home has more challenging wall construction and I believe that this played a part in the reduced performance over ~3000 sq/feet of living space… so your mileage may vary. One thing I did notice is that although it has been stated that these bad boys support IPv6 addressing, when I checked numerous devices connected to the mesh only IPv4 was being supported. I’m not sure exactly why this was the case but in any event, it might simply be due to the fact that these are still maturing – or perhaps the bridge mode approach I used crippled their ability to do simultaneous IPv4 & v6 routes. So if IPv6 functionality is critical to you, I’d research it more before purchasing. All in all I would say that this system should satisfy most people’s need for broadened coverage over a medium to large home with the least amount of hurdles. Summary For the price, there’s a compelling case to be made for selecting other hardware solutions over this mesh kit. Many of the newest MU-MIMO routers are a bit more sophistication in their channel beaming optimizations. Conversely, if a consumer is looking for a really simple solution to set up with a powerful mobile app to control their wireless universe … this will work beautifully. If I could, I would give this product 4 and a half stars but since it's "lacking" - I cannot round up to five stars. To conclude with my Spectrum complaints though, now when I call in and they inquire what kind of router I have they immediately start trouble shooting on their end when I tell them about my router... 😂. For that it makes the investment worth it totally.
Katie Y.
Canfield, OH
Purchased at: Best Buy
After months of going over my data, we finally decided to update our WiFi at home. This is so reliable, I go from room to room and it doesn’t cut off. It’s easy to install, sleek design, and love that it allows for faster speed. I recommend this to anyone who has multiple floors or even a spread out ranch!
Lorenzo O.
Denver, CO
Techie Expert Level 1
Just bought this because my internet was spotty around the house. I never noticed before, but I started school in the beginning of summer and the office wifi access was horrible, even with an extender that I purchased.  With Google wifi, the signal is strong throughout the house and super reliable. They look sleek, which is nice because you can put them on display in the open without worrying about it being a visual distraction.
Alison S.
Bethlehem, PA
I’m a big fan of this router mesh system. Super easy to get up and running and I have noticed that our devices don’t get dropped on the WiFi as often since we installed this. A bit expensive, but I think it was worth it. The ease of set up and the ease of maintaining it through the google WiFi app makes it worth its price point. I enjoy being able to tell exactly which part of the mesh is giving me trouble and being able to pinpoint the issue. I really recommend this if you’re looking for a mesh system. It’s price is fair compared to other mesh systems on the market and the app is so easy to use.
Tamasree T.
Hyderabad
Orbi Whole home Mesh WiFi System 3-Pack, with Advanced Cyber Threat Protection uploaded by Tamasree T.
Review for: Google Wifi Solution Router Replacement 3pk - White
Like every other google product constantly outdoing it self, the google WiFi is no different. We have a pack at home and another in our offices. We love the speeds. The only reason I’ve given it 4 stars and not 5 is because we don’t have the google WiFi app here. Ofcourse, since I’m using it in india, the google WiFi app isn’t available but we’re using the google home app and it’s alright. It does the trick but I wish we had the actual app in india as well.
darci S.
Winsford, Cheshire
Techie Expert Level 2
1,158 reviews
Review for: Google Wifi Solution Router Replacement 3pk - White, Google Nest WNGOGA0157US Google Wifi Dual-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System
These are so handy easy to use my wjole family uses it would recomend to anyone there so helpfull snd usefull
Carolina R.
Doral, FL
Techie Expert Level 1
I got this as a present for my wedding, it is really cool. The only thing that didn't meet my expectations is the voice recognition, it doesn't quite get you sometime or it says it's going to play the song but in a different speaker. However, this doesn't happen often. What I like the most is that you can lower the volume by voice recognition and by touching the speakers, that is really cool. The quality of the sound is good taking in consideration it is a small speaker.