Orangetheory Fitness

by Orangetheory Fitness

Who loves Orangetheory for class workouts? Any other in-person studio options you prefer or like instead? I love a good HIIT/cardio and OTF kicks my booty 🍑 Orangetheory Fitness
Have you tried an orange theory workout before? If so, what are your thoughts?
Do prices for membership vary per location?
Start your review of Orangetheory Fitness!
How would you rate this product?
Michelle  S.
Pickering, ON
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
I joined this gym about 10 months ago and have lost 25 lbs. it’s amazing. Full body workout. Really gets me pumped. Love the coaches the variety of workouts and the state of the art machines. Wearing a heart monitor helps me see how much more I can push myself. I love it !
Julia F.
Concord, ON
Orangetheory Fitness uploaded by Julia F.
Love OTF! I have been going for over a year and I love every class! It’s pricey but worth it! I would never do any cardio and this class pushes me and gets me doing 30 min per class!! Love it!
Edna D.
BEWARE - I got a membership in June 2019 and was unable to attend due to hectic work schedule and illness.  I notified them and asked them to remove my credit card number.  They did not and have taken over $300 out of my card to date.  They refused to remove my card number and my bank has started a dispute transaction process.
Julia G.
Montréal, QC
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
I recently signed up after a branch opened in my neighborhood, although I am already a full time member of another amazing gym. What attracted me is the gamification style, where you get to compete with yourself and push yourself super hard, while also being able to check your calories loss and your your heart points. I LOVE IT and already loss some kilos within only a few weeks, just because I noticed I am pushing way harder than at my regular HIIT class. I have to mentioned that 2 of the 3 monitors I tried were dysfunctional, which annoys me because it means that I am always missing 10-15 minutes of data before I reset it, but apart from that it is an AMAZING concept!!!
Meagan W.
Toronto, ON
Fitspiration Expert Level 2
I joined orangetheory (otf) last June, and have to say I’ve spoken highly about it since joining. I think otf is a great option for those who enjoy a group setting, that is moderated by a coach. I appreciate that (in my experience), the coaches are not pushy and will encourage you to push yourself within your limits. If you’re not feeling like you can complete an exercise, I don’t feel as though there is any pressure to over exert yourself. Classes are 60 minutes, with components of both cardio and strength weight training. The cardio component has a rowing machine and treadmill, however, you’re able to switch one or both to an elliptical and stationary bike if you don’t prefer the treadmill or rower. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a “balanced” workout, and who does not mind including cardio within each workout. The prices are quite high, but you do have the opportunity to work with a coach who is able to keep you accountable and help with your form during class. You also are able to purchase one of their heart rate monitors to track your heart rate/calories during class. They also measure your heart rate “zones” to determine the percentage of your maximum heart rate. I don’t think I would recommend a membership to those whose goals are just strength training, as there are other fitness clubs that can offer just this. I would suggest anyone interested to look online at their local club and schedule a free session to get a feel for how the classes are.
Tessa H.
Orangetheory Fitness uploaded by Tessa H.
I haven’t always been particularly interested in group fitness but was having trouble making it to the gym with my hectic shift work schedule, specifically because I HATED having to make my own workouts. I had tried quite a few other places (spin classes, yoga, etc) but didn’t really have success or any noticeable changes to my body. In comes Orangetheory 🍊♥️ Super fun, tough, and well-planned whole body workouts that kill you but in the best way! You barely even notice the fact you are in a group class because you’re so focused on yourself. Multiple class times so you can pretty much go any time of the day. The coaches are super supportive and encouraging (not too rah-rah, just the right amount of hype) and are constantly helping you to work on your own personal goals and correct your form (kinda like having a personal trainer!) The workouts change daily plus they throw in fun competitions and themes throughout the months to help keep it interesting (eg: benchmarks, spirit weeks, seasonal themes, etc). I honestly have nothing but amazing things to say about Orangetheory, my body has changed so much and I feel amazing, I’ve never stuck with something so long, definitely recommend! Your butt with thank you 😉
Marlene  I.
Toronto, ON
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
Not the best for the price, instructors do not push you to grow as much as at other gyms, maybe that was just my impression… Not as fun as places like barrys boot camp and soulcycle :(
Kelton L.
St.Albert
I signed up 6 months ago and just bought 6 more months worth of packs. I absolutely love the workouts, the setting and the encouragement provided by each of the coaches. Another cool thing about Orangetheory is that each class is different, no workout is ever the same.
Karen Mei C.
Edmonton
I’m a big fun of OTF!
If your looking for an insane workout at your own pace, this is your workout. I go as much as I can. It might be expensive, but it’s worth it. The place and stuff are very friendly. Yes, would recommend this workout for everyone
I’m a big fun of OTF!
Guilouche M.
Montreal
I am obsessed with OTF. It started off as a new adventure and turned into an addiction. I can rant about it, but you just have to try it for yourself in order to really understand. Everything about it (except for burpees) is amazing. They have studios allover the world and I even went when I was on vacation. I actually went almost every single day while on vacation, which is more than in my home town. Orangetheory if a thing and IYKYN! If you don’t, please please do yourself a favour and try!!!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...