BY OPTIMUM NUTRITION

Vanilla Bliss Flavor Contains 30 Grams Of Protein Provides Lasting Amino Acid Delivery see more...

bryan v.
doral, FL
Fitspiration Expert Level 2
To start off with, this is an excellent product, though most folks probably don't need it. This whey protein is made up almost entirely of hydrolysated protein - which basically means it has been pre-digested into peptides and small chain proteins. A few years back, pure amino acid mixes were all the rage amongst strength training athletes. Then scientists figured out that single amino acids were not absorbed very efficiently by the body. Basically the receptors in the intestines can only accept one unit of protein at a time. This one "unit" can be a singular amino acid, or it can be a di or tri-peptide bonded amino acid. Effectively, by consuming these peptides you can absorb protein 2-3 times faster than you could by consuming straight amino acids. You also absorb this product much faster than a whole protein since the body has to break down whole protein with enzymes in the stomach. This process can take hours with whole food proteins (meat). Whole whey protein is broken down much quicker and whey hydrolysate (this product) is almost instantaneous.Platinum Hydro whey contains a very high percentage of these small, low molecular weight peptides which are absorbed with a very high degree of efficiency into the body. What sugar is to carbohydrates, this product is to protein. It basically gets protein into your blood stream as quickly and efficiently as possible.This effect is good for two types of people:- Intensely training athletes (especially strength training athletes) immediately following a hard workout session.- People who have trouble digesting protein for various reasons, which can include illness or old age.So yes, this is a highly purified, easily digested, extremely high quality protein. However unless you have an immediate need for rapid protein delivery, or have some sort of digestive issue, there are more affordable options for protein. All of these folks here complaining about the price of this product are doing so because they likely don't understand it's usage and they would probably be served just as well with a standard whey protein powder. A high grade hydrolysate protein is and always has been an expensive, specialized supplement.I have used this product before myself. I went through a 2-lb jug of the strawberry late last year. The taste is just "ok" and the texture and consistency is very thin. Consider this a functional product, not a tasty treat. I found that this product cleared my system VERY quickly and left me hungry again very shortly after my workout - which is to be expected. I did not notice any significant improvements in recovery or strength over regular whey protein. Because of this, I have moved to another, more cost effective product since then (Gaspari Myofusion), as I feel it's slower digesting properties are a better fit for me.So overall this is an outstanding product, just understand its usage and benefits before you buy it.
marissa r.
Terre Haute, IN
Never have tried this product but I've heard great reviews and would like to give it a try I'm trying to tone and build muscle right now I'm fit but not crazy fit so maybe this would help me build
Katherine S.
LOVE this casein, I make vanilla "milkshakes" with it to drink at bedtime. The slow digesting casein fuels my body through the night as it is a slow digesting protein.
Kristina B.
Casein is a must for anyone lifting weights. I drink this before bedtime so that my body is digesting this all night long instead of burning off the muscles I just built.
Sarah H.
Howell, MI
I drink this right before bed after a workout. I usually cycle this into my supplements every 4-6 weeks. It doesn't taste the best but i believe that it works.
Christina P.
Clinton Twp, MI
My go to after a grueling workout before bed. Casein is the unsung hero of supplements for weightlifters. Great price point and not bad tasting by any means
Natalie F.
Spring Hill, TN
Love having this after a workout. Helps me to recover and build stronger muscles for the next workout.
Margineanu M.
PLATINUM TRI-CELLE CASEIN
Platinum Tri-Celle Casein™ is the pinnacle of our slow-digesting protein lineup. By using novel, patent pending MicelleXL™ technology, we've combined micellar casein molecules into a structure that is approximately triple the average size. These super-sized molecules form an ultra-thick gel that takes several hours to be digested and absorbed, providing sustained release amino acid delivery for lasting lean muscle support. Each serving of Platinum Tri-Celle Casein™ also delivers the relaxing properties of L-Theanine to help you make the most of your post-workout recovery. Taken between meals or before bed, we think you'll agree that our slowest casein is the easiest to mix and most exceptional tasting anti-catabolic protein we've ever made.*