Jena S.
Jena S.
Elma, WA
Do you add anything into your protein drink?
Hannah H.
Maria M.
Maria M.
Latham, NY
6 months ago
Just low-fat milk, it tastes good enough
Kristina S.
Kristina S.
8 months ago
My favorite is to make fruit smoothies. Some green, fruits and a little milk.
Alison O.
Alison O.
8 months, 2 weeks ago
I usually do half almond milk/half water! I also suggest buying xanthan gum to make protein SHAKES (milk, protein powder, ice cubes, and xanthan gum and blend!!)
Sara P.
Sara P.
Kansas City, MO
9 months, 1 week ago
You don't have to add anything to this one, I mix 1 scoop with 10 ounces of 1% milk or 8 ounces of 2% milk, shake it and go. It tastes great, the best protein powder I have found!
Amy J.
Amy J.
10 months ago
Peanut butter or fruit or both
Anh N.
Anh N.
Carol Stream, IL
11 months, 3 weeks ago
I ADD MILK BUT MOST OF THE TIME WATER
kass m.
kass m.
1 year ago
my favorite thing to add is a banana, peanut butter, milk and ice!!
Karina T.
Karina T.
Pacifica, CA
3 years, 3 months ago
If I'm drinking it before a morning workout, I add a shot of coffee in it. After my workout I add a shot of Glucolin (glucose).
Courtlandt M.
Courtlandt M.
Dayton, TX
3 years, 3 months ago
I mix it into my daily smoothies for maximum health benefits! You can hide anything in this great chocolate flavor! For instance, I frequently mix in kale, spinach, flax seeds, wheat bran, carrots, zucchini--you name it!
Mayte P.
Mayte P.
3 years, 3 months ago
8oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk & 2oz water.
Courtney Z.
Courtney Z.
Baldwinsville, NY
3 years, 5 months ago
I either mix with water or 4 oz of coconut water and 4 oz of almond milk. Sometimes, I'll add banana and hemp protein if I'm turning it into more of a breakfast replacement rather than an immediate post-workout protein source.
Caitlin S.
Caitlin S.
Port Coquitlam , BC
3 years, 6 months ago
I sometimes add a banana or almond milk or both! And if I use the cookies and cream flavor, then I sometimes add in peppermint extract and it tastes like a peppermint patty cookie!
Scheria S.
Scheria S.
3 years, 6 months ago
Yes, in the mornings I make a green smoothie with spinach, blueberries, strawberries, non fat Greek yogurt, flax seeds, almond milk. After working out at night I mix it with coconut water. Both taste great.
Genesis M.
Genesis M.
3 years, 7 months ago
I blend in a mix of fruit and spinach.
Trevor C.
Trevor C.
Niles, OH
3 years, 7 months ago
I had my creatine and some bananas with my mine.
Gohar G.
Gohar G.
Van Nuys, CA
3 years, 7 months ago
I sometimes blend it with frozen blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries. And I add three grams of glutamine.
Sabrina J.
Sabrina J.
Columbia City, IN
3 years, 8 months ago
I typically add this to smoothies if I want some extra protein. I don't use it a lot but when I do this what I usually do
Caitlin C.
Laura M.
Laura M.
Kittanning, PA
4 years, 2 months ago
I blend mine with a few ice cubes, cup of milk, chia seeds, banana, and sometimes peanut butter if I want extra brotein.
Courtney I.
Courtney I.
4 years, 2 months ago
Some PB2, and half a banana. Sometimes strawberries if I feel adventurous.
Amy W.
Amy W.
Tunnel Hill, GA
4 years, 3 months ago
PEANUT butter!!! Its the best. I use it in vanilla protein and it takes like a reeces cup!
Cydney K.
Cydney K.
Oak forest, Il
4 years, 3 months ago
I mixed it with water at first, but then I started trying it with different milks & adding it into smoothies. Delicious!
Crystal S.
Crystal S.
Macon, GA
4 years, 4 months ago
I mix with Almond Milk & eat a banana alongside, when it's time to drink it.
Keegan W.
Keegan W.
Fayetteville, AR
4 years, 5 months ago
The double rich chocolate tastes like chocolate milk, and if you just mix it with water the protein makes its taste as thick as milk. Cost effective and delicious.
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Fort Mill, SC
4 years, 5 months ago
I have the Gold Standard Strawberry whey everyday as a protein/fruit smoothie. Adding a cup of frozen strawberries, half a banana, yogurt and ice. I feel like I'm going through withdrawal on days I am not able to make a smoothie, this stuff is great!
Brittany A.
Brittany A.
Ontario, NY
4 years, 6 months ago
For post workout and quicker muscle recovery time, I add water. That is, water allows for the protein to absorb into your body faster than milk.
Josh M.
Josh M.
Atlanta, GA
4 years, 6 months ago
Post-workout: I just add water. Breakfast/snack smoothie: I put in one or two scoops with frozen fruit, olive oil, peanut butter, and liquid egg whites. It tastes great and gives you plenty of energy for the morning.
Chris A.
Chris A.
Rock Hill, SC
4 years, 7 months ago
You can add many things. Personally sometimes I throw a banana and some peanut butter in it and throw it in a blender...
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
Gladstone, OR
4 years, 7 months ago
Optimum Nutrition has one of the best tasting (and easiest blending) powders I have used. I just mix double chocolate with 8oz of water. It tastes a lot like chocolate milk if the water isn't super cold.
Devin B.
Devin B.
Jacksonville, FL
4 years, 7 months ago
Optimum doesn't need anything. The flavor alone is good enough.
Janaya M.
Janaya M.
Lakewood, WA
4 years, 8 months ago
I usually add milk and fruit. But I've also found tons of great recipes to where you can bake with your protein powder! Doesn't a vanilla protein muffin sound delicious for breakfast? :)
Ivan C.
Ivan C.
Orlando, FL
4 years, 8 months ago
Whole milk, Oats, Banana, and Ice cream. I'm currently bulking.
Haley M.
Haley M.
DECATUR, TX
4 years, 8 months ago
You can Mix it with water or try using unsweetened almond milk with different fruits and veggies.
Adrian F.
Adrian F.
4 years, 8 months ago
Typically almond milk..add frozen fruit and honey! Pretty thick but goes down smooth
Suzanne R.
Suzanne R.
Weatherford, TX
4 years, 9 months ago
I almost always blend mine with almond milk, frozen banana(love the texture it gives) and a couple ice cubes.
Kelli S.
Kelli S.
Queen Creek, AZ
4 years, 9 months ago
I don't really like the taste of protein at all so I mix this with cocoa powder or maybe a scoop of chocolate instant breakfast to take the edge off.
Mariz R.
Mariz R.
Pittsburg, CA
4 years, 9 months ago
I just add water or milk to this. And shake it in my blender bottle and you're good to go! I prefer the cookies and cream flavor. The vanilla flavor is my second favorite!
Jane G.
Jane G.
Boise, ID
4 years, 9 months ago
I always use almond milk and cinnamon. Then depending on the day, I'll use pumpkin with pumpkin pie spice, berries and spinach (you can't even taste it), or just mix it with coffee to save time.
Eva P.
Eva P.
Brownsville, TX
4 years, 9 months ago
Most of the time just water but when I want to mix it up, I add unsweetened coconut or almond milk with fruit (strawberries, blueberries, apple, banana) and veggies (spinach, kale, biogreens) and a little bit of ginger.
Kristy H.
Kristy H.
Vanceboro, NC
4 years, 9 months ago
When I first started using I miixed with either unsweetened almond milk or oragnic skim milk. Now I just mix with water! Took a month to get used to the taste. But I love it now!
Lindsey B.
Lindsey B.
Oakland, MI
4 years, 10 months ago
I tried drinking the protein powder with just almond milk, but I really didn't like it. I just make a regular protein smoothie with greek yogurt, frozen/fresh berries, banana, flaxseed, almond milk and two scoops of this protein powder. Depending on what I'm feeling like I'll add spinach, kale, oats, wheat germ, etc.