BY OPTIMUM NUTRITION

Dietary Supplement. 100% Micellar Casein. Slow-Acting Protein. Aminogen® Enhanced. 24 g Protein. 10 g Essential Amino Acids. 0 g Sugar. 55 Servings. Beyond the Basics. The best all-micellar casein. 24 grams of time-released protein per serving. Contains Aminogen® digestive enzymes to enhance utilization. Over 5 g. see more...

• I have read the studies about casein vs whey and the only...1 Answers
Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein
  • "i am very nervous about using protein shakes because i feel i would gain too much weight for drinking these " in 1 review
  • "I usually put it in a shake, which adds a nice vanilla flavor and makes the shaker thicker." in 1 review
  • "Honestly, the worst protein shake I have ever had." in 1 review
Johana C.
Everyone should be extremely cautious about the type of protein they take and the reasons for it. Casein is a slow digesting protein, so this type of shake is ideal to take either before bed (so that you keep your metabolism working overnight) or early in the morning/during the day when you know what you won't be have the time for another meal for another few hours. Otherwise, you want to typically stick with 100% Whey Isolate for faster digesting protein immediately post-workout.
Alexis H.
Philadelphia
I've seen a lot of mixed reviews for this casein over at bodybuilding.com. However, both my boyfriend and I use this as our nightly protein supplementation and I like my shakes thick. The taste is amazing and it's almost like a chocolate milkshake, but the melted consistency if that makes sense. Great overnight fuel!
Darcy R.
Ft Washington, MD
For those anxious about gaining weight - remember that your body NEEDS nutrients to repair and grow. This helps fulfill my sweet cravings and can be used with tons of recipes to make shakes thicker or even a faux ice cream.
Tanner R.
Beardstown, IL
Great source of casein. I take it every night before I go to bed and the best part is that it has low glycemic index so it's a very good way to pack on. Muscle without packing on fat. I'm almost out of my first tub but I'll be sure to get another soon.
Janice E.
Nelson, VA
Love this casein protein!! The chocolate supreme is the best flavor in my opinion. I take this before bed, and I have seen a huge improvement in muscle growth and recovery! If you're an ectomorph like me, this is the way to go!!!
Ashley R.
Wetumpka, AL
I am a huge fan of this brand in general. The chocolate casein powder is so freaking delicious! us can mix a scoop of the powder with pasteurized eggwhites until thick and creamy. It tastes just like chocolate pudding and is jam packed with protein!
Ashley S.
I LOVE this protein! I literally use it everyday. It blends easily in shaker cup with vigorous shaking and is great in a blender with bananas, coconut, ice etc. It is filling and slow digesting. I am very satisfied with this product and definitely recommend it!!!
Hayley P.
Centreville, VA
I love this casein! I eat it every night before bed! I make it into a casting pudding with peanut butter and it is absolutely delicious. It satisfies my sweet tooth!
Tarin H.
I use this product after I run. I usually put it in a shake, which adds a nice vanilla flavor and makes the shaker thicker. I do find that it keeps me fuller longer, which is great!
Allen M.
This protein is absolutely amazing! It's great to take right before bed, it feeds your muscles as you sleep and it helps make the recovery stage a lot quicker.
Amanda L.
Etters, PA
I have read the studies about casein vs whey and the only take away I got was the casein could potentially make you bloat. Have you experienced any bloating while taking this? Have you experienced any other side effects that made you either chose a Whey over casein or vise versa?

Vitamin Shoppe