BY OPI #5 in Nail Polish Top Coats

For a beautiful shining finish to your OPI manicure.
High-Gloss Protection.

• i use this for protect my nail and do my base and you ? 3 Answers
  • Does this actually make your nail Polish last longer or does it j...5 Answers
  • Does this work better if you use a UV light with it??8 Answers
Fernanda B.
Brownsville, TX
love OPI, but this is not a good topcoat. It has a nice formula and applies easily but my main complaint is that it takes absolutely ages to dry on me - and I'm talking hours and hours. I have used it with many brands of polish including OPI's own range, Essie, Rimmel, SinfulColors and Essence and no matter which polish or which base coat I pair it with - this top coat is incapable of drying within a reasonable time. For me, this is an incredible waste of money, I was lucky to get it free when buying another OPI polish.
Mads N.
Byron
I bought this product looking for a top coat that will give my nails a little extra shine and help protect them a little from scratching and was only semi-happy with this product. It leaves your nails very shiny at first but after a while they start to look full again. It does protect, but only for about a week. And it does not stop hardly any chipping. I would recommend this, but only knowing that your nails will only keep for about a week.
Mallory W.
prairieville, LA
I love this top coat. It is very shiny and really helps protect the color and even protect your nail. If my nail chips, I typically will take 1 ply toilet paper and put a small piece into my nail then paint this over to repair and strengthen it again. (You can use a shaper to make it smooth again then second top coat) recommend!
Jessica V.
OPI Top Coat, specifically the Formaldehyde-Free version is my go-to. It has less crazy chemicals and is supposed to be better for your nails. It still keeps my nails shiny and chip-free for up to two weeks. I love that you can buy it pretty much anywhere like CVS, Target or Ulta. No complaints here!
Missy C.
Somerville, NJ
I just started using this top coat and it is the best by far all of the top coats I have used. I have used alot in my life time. I love to do nails. Not one chip so far. And it has been 3 days. The other top coats I have used chiped in one day. So highly recommend this product. OPI Top Coat
Celeste B.
Indio
I love the Opi brand I have several colors that I love. This top coat does the job, leaving a nice gloss over the polish and increasing the length of polished nails. However i have noticed that the polish does sometimes remove some of the color of the polish when applying therefore I no longer use it.
Ashlie R.
Plattsburgh, NY
I'm pretty meh about this product. I guess I don't see the point in spending more than $3 on a top coat when I know that the NYC top coat for $2 at Walmart is great, affordable, quick drying, and doesn't smell. OPI has some nice colors that are unique to their brand, but for a top-coat, just stick to something plain and save your money.
Lisa M.
I like how this OPI top coat protects my nail color. It dries quicker than other top coats and stays on a good long time. My only complaint it it's pretty expensive, and I can find pretty good top coats for half the price of OPI top coat. Still, if it was on sale, I think I'd buy it.
Jenna B.
San Diego, CA
OPI puts out my favorite top coat BY FAR. It’s not too thick and not too watery and goes on great. It dries relatively quickly and is crystal clear. It’s a pricier brand, but I find that buying a good quality top coat makes your colors look better, no matter what the price point.
Lexi F.
Centerville, OH
Nothing is better then OPI nail polish! When I paint my nails I want the polish to stay on and keep a shine to it. OPI's top coat polish does just that! It keeps my week old nail polish looking like I just did my nails. I also really enjoy using this when I just want clear nail polish. It keeps my nails looking healthy
Emma Z.
I have a very hard time finding nail polish that doesn't chip. I feel like I have used OPI in the past, but I can't quite remember..... what are your thoughts on how well this polish stays on? I'm tired of having chipped nails within 24hrs!
Jamie M.
Is this color still available?
Adrienne P.
Is this worth buying? I am a college athlete and so my nail polish never lasts more than a day or two without chipping because I do so much with my hands.
Lena E.
South Barre, MA
How quickly does it dry? I'm looking for a good top coat and this seems to be a contender.
Micaela G.
el top coat, cuanto tiempo es recomendable dejar secar,para que quede bien sellado?, y cuantas capas se pon en la uña para que protega el esmalte bien?