Oakland, CA

What's are the differences between the regular OPI and Nicole by OPI and OPI for Sephora lines?
Chelsey P.
Chelsey P.
May 30, 2013, 3:23 p.m.
I personally don't like Nicole by OPI. I feel like the polish is more translucent and I have to use more coats for coverage. Also the brush is thinner and doesn't cover as well. Regular OPI is my favorite the polish is thick and goes on smoothly. The colors are vast and they have something for everyone!
twee &.
twee &.
April 19, 2013, 6:57 a.m.
Honestly, the bottles and the marketing. they are ranged for different clientele but in terms of quality, they are the same. you can even find some of the very same colors in more than one bottle/range. an example is Rainbow Connection from OPI Muppets. that was limited edition and sold out- bye bye! but OPI was kind enough to give the recipe to Nicole by OPI and you can find a Rainbow Connection dupe in the Kardashian (sp?)collection, it has a different name though! a very similar rainbow glitter is in the Selena Gomez collex, Nicole by OPI as well.
Erica W.
Erica W.
Jan. 23, 2013, 7:37 a.m.
Slightly different formulas and colors
Kukie A.
Kukie A.
Nov. 24, 2012, 11:36 a.m.
The Sephora Line: more colors, lighter consistency in formula, smallest and longest brush out of the three, but overall same formula. Nicole by OPI: thickest and shortest brush out of the three, more accessible,but overall same formula. OPI: medium and medium length brush out of three, amazing consistency, beautiful colors, lasts long,and harder to find. Here's a link if you need more information: http://farawayuniverse.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/whats-the-difference-between-nicole-by-opi-versus-sephora-by-opi-and-opi-nail-polishes/
Joanna H.
Joanna H.
Oct. 28, 2012, 1:06 p.m.
OPI for sephora is more expensive the regular and nicole by opi. Nicole by opi can be found at certain drugstores but regular opi is online and at Ulta
Christine C.
Christine C.
Oct. 22, 2012, 11:39 a.m.
I believe they are basically the same formulation packaged and marketed to different audiences. There are different shades available through each brand, so it's worth checking them all out. I believe the brush is different on each too. OPI has kind of a medium-wide brush, Nicole by OPI has a wider brush and OPI for Sephora has a more traditional brush. If the brush is important to you, this is always good to keep in mind!
Jillian S.
Jillian S.
Oct. 14, 2012, 8:08 p.m.
The formula seems to be the same, just a different packaging, name and color
Michelle D.
Michelle D.
Oct. 12, 2012, 10:10 p.m.
This has nothing to do with the formula BUT something I do love from some of Nicole's is the brush. It's a little rounded so that it applies so much easier and faster than just a regular one - a lot more smooth as well. I wish they all had that instead!
Jenna S.
Jenna S.
Oct. 12, 2012, 5:04 p.m.
They are all the same other than packaging...alot of the time you can even find the exact same colors.
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Oct. 12, 2012, 4:41 a.m.
Like many others I don't find a difference in quality and wear. I think it's just how they market themselves. Each line has different colors that you can't get in the other lines.
Michelle M.
Michelle M.
Oct. 11, 2012, 5:56 p.m.
From my understanding they are all manufactured in the same place. They are bottled and marketed differently. Often you will see similar shades in all collections.
Daniela c.
Daniela c.
Oct. 10, 2012, 8:21 p.m.
They are all pretty much the same, just marketed differently. Some shades (not brands) have different consistencies and finishes.
Danielle F.
Danielle F.
Oct. 10, 2012, 12:54 p.m.
They are different brands and price points. I have tried both Nicole and OPI and I find them pretty comparable.
Diana V.
Diana V.
Oct. 10, 2012, 7:29 a.m.
For me they are all very similar
Emily W.
Emily W.
Oct. 9, 2012, 12:40 p.m.
I think the OPI provides classic and very wearable shades. Nicole by OPI and OPI by Sephora probably take more risks with the color selection. In addition, Nicole by OPI may be targeted to a younger costumer. But all three have great colors!
Brianna B.
Brianna B.
Oct. 8, 2012, 1:40 p.m.
They are just different sub-lines. They are all made by the same company, OPI and they all are pretty similar.
Olivia L.
Olivia L.
Oct. 8, 2012, 1:01 p.m.
I find the OPI original brand will give you the best quality and a longer wear.
Chantal W.
Chantal W.
Oct. 7, 2012, 1:59 p.m.
I just think they just have different names i don't see a difference between either of them.
Amy M.
Amy M.
Oct. 6, 2012, 7:05 p.m.
I agree with Shandi. They all seem pretty similar. I think it was a way for OPI to be able to branch out and reach more consumers.
Shandi C.
Shandi C.
Oct. 5, 2012, 7:50 p.m.
I have all the OPI varieties and I honestly can't tell the difference in the formulas. They are all nice quality.
Oct. 5, 2012, 6:48 p.m.
I mean - like formula and wear length?

Join Now