OPI Nail LacquerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY OPI #2 in Nail Polish

OPI has been a family owned company ever since its founding in 1981. Committed to providing their customers with the finest quality products and services, OPI have become the World Leader in professional nail care. OPI's reputation is built on its commitment to quality, safety, innovation and excellence - a commitment it honours with every product, every day. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark is a rich, midnight purple nail polish. The perfect statement nail polish is part of the OPI Chicago Nail Polish Collection.

Chelsey R.
Miami
Absolutely in love! These are so pigmented and a little goes a long way! I never really have to keep dipping into the nail polish in order to get more out. They also dry quickly! I’ve never had one chip on me either. Super long lasting. They’re not the best with acrylic nails though from when I’ve done a mani here at home but I’m not sure why but overall I love them!
Kim M.
Review for: KYOTO PEARL, LINCOLN PARK AFTER DARK, LUCERNE-TAINLY LOOK MARVELLOUS, PRINCESSES RULE!, GARGANTUAN GREEN GRAPE, COLOUR SO HOT IT BERNS, YOU DON’T KNOQ JACQUES!, LINCOLN PARK AFTER MIDNIGHT, GLITZERLAND, HOT & SPICY, Other more...
I have around probably 4 dozen OPI polishes and they were my go-to brand for many years. OPI polishes have a wide shade range, fun collections with a theme yet offer variety, and have a formula that wears well. I have brittle nails that are prone to bending and breaking and I can go about 4-5 days with OPI polishes before they start to chip. Essie and China Glaze usually start chipping around day 3 and Marc Jacobs can last about 6 days. This OPI line is fairly typical in formula for a non-gel polish and they switched to a paddle brush in the last 5 years or so. The shades vary in opacity but most shades will be opaque at 3 coats, which is typical for non gel polishes. The polishes seem to be more resistant to thickening over time than other brands which is nice, however, they are prone to having their caps stuck shut by dried polish on the bottle rim. OPI is a really reliable brand that is accessible in stores and is reasonably priced, if not a bit on the expensive side. If I am looking for a particular polish shade I will start with looking in OPI's collection because of how broad their shade range is and how many finishes they are available in. I have slowly been switching over to gel polishes because they last longer and look better but I won't be getting rid of any of my OPIs either. I haven't tried their Infinite Shine line but I hope to soon. If I were to recommend a nail polish brand to someone it would be OPI. The only main gripe I have with the brand is that they discontinued my favorite polish- Vodka and Caviar. I have been looking for a replacement for years but no other brand can nail the jelly finish like OPI. It is also a bit of a downside that because they have so many limited edition collections you are likely to find a fave that you'll never be able to replace
Riley R.
Morgantown
For as much as I pay for these nail polishes, I expect to go AT LEAST a week without chipping. I do everything I am supposed to. I put on two coats, I put on a top coat, and its not like I'm out doing hard labor and my nails are at risk of chipping. I just canNOT rationalize spending almost TEN DOLLARS on a bottle and have it chip 2 days in. I refuse to buy OPI ever again. I literally will only buy the SinfulColors for $2 and it lasts 3x as long as OPI.
Yashna A.
New York
Review for: KITTY WHITE, BERLIN THERE DONE THAT, LET ME BAYOU A DRINK, BLACK CHERRY CHUTNEY more...
I originally heard of OPI through the nail salon I regularly go to. These are my go to colors. OPI has a variety of colors to choose from to begin with. These are so pigmented and honestly just a little goes the long way. It has a beautiful finish to it. I can go maybe about 5 to 6 days before the paint starts chipping which is not that bad. I would definitely recommend this nail brand in comparison to others.
Allison M.
florida
Review for: COCA-COLA RED more...
I am loving this color and of course, the brand.  This lacquer goes on smooth and a much better quality than the alternatives.  I am a repeat user of the brand (in multiple colors).  Very easy to apply and dries relatively quickly.  Would definitely recommend this brand!
Jessica P.
Covina
Purchased at: Target
OPI nail polishes are simply phenomenal in my opinion. They are top quality and OPI is the only brand that doesn’t make my nail beds yellow when using their darker colors. I have been a consumer of theirs for years and will continue to be for years more! OPI Nail Lacquer
meg H.
Livingston
I use this whenever I am doing my nails. I have been doing my nails since I can remember. I never get them done at a salon so personally after so many years of doing my nails I can say this is one of the best brands I’ve tried. They don’t chip easily and they dry fairly quickly. Some colors like their light pink need multiple layers but never more than 2.
Peyton E.
Jacksonville
Application wise, OPI is the same as any other brand, if you know how to paint your nails correctly it comes out flawlessly. The color selection is on the slim side unless you’re at a specific beauty store like Sally’s which is odd because OPI has a large variety of color options. I love the brush and I think it makes for a more even application.
Mary R.
redding, CA
Review for: OPI…EURSO EURO more...
I am going to start by saying that most nail polishes do not last on my nails for longer than 2-3 days. That is because I have really oily nails and for some reason my nails always chip really quickly.

To me, this is one of the best nail polish formulas. They stay on for about a week and are so shiny. I swear by these nail polishes! However, I have noted a few issues I would like to discuss.

To begin, I have used OPI and Essie and both are good. However, one thing I have found about OPI is different colors have different formulas. Say I used a red color, then I used a pink color, the formula could be completely different. I like these, don't get me wrong, but I feel like they could be more consistent.

Another thing is OPI compared to other polishes. I have found OPI is just as good as Essie. However, I have found Essie polishes are a bit more expensive than OPI. OPI is also as good, or better, than high end nail polishes(sold at Sephora).

Overall, I believe this product is nice. However, if they fix a few of the problems, they will be even better! I feel like the price is great for the amount you are paying. I truly recommend this product:)
Lisa D.
Kansas City, MO
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: I’M NOT REALLY A WAITRESS, BUBBLE BATH more...
My to go to colors are bubble bath and I’m really not a waitress. Bubble bath I wear all summer long. It goes with everything I never have to wonder whether my nails match my outfit. I’m really not a waitress is my fall and winter color. It’s a deep cranberry bread that really pops on my nails. OPI is my All-time favorite nail polish.
Aditi A.
Katy, TX
Are the OPI nail paints long lasting?
Danielle A.
Southborough, MA
Essie or OPI?
Yanette F.
Santa Paula, CA
What is the best color to use for fall season?
ALYSSA R.
Woodstock, GA
What is your signature OPI Nail Polish Color?
Cheryl T.
Gulf Shores, AL
Turquoise and what other color do you think will make a great fall combo? Champagne maybe?