OPI Nail LacquerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY OPI #1 in Nail Polish

OPI has been a family owned company ever since its founding in 1981. Committed to providing their customers with the finest quality products and services, OPI have become the World Leader in professional nail care. OPI's reputation is built on its commitment to quality, safety, innovation and excellence - a commitment it honours with every product, every day. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark is a rich, midnight purple nail polish. The perfect statement nail polish is part of the OPI Chicago Nail Polish Collection.

Emily J.
Emily J.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: OTHERWISE ENGAGED
The "Tattoo Ta-Boo!" set from OPI (released for Halloween 2008) consists of 4 mini nail polishes in the typical OPI bottles, only smaller. Each bottle contains 3.75 ml or 1/8 Fl.Oz of product. The brush is also smaller sized.

The colors are pure white, pure black, pure orange (all cremes) and one blueish purple glow in the dark, which looks a bit shimmery because of the fluorescent particles in it.
The white is "Alpine snow", I think, the black "Black Onyx", the orange I don't know and the blueish purple GITD (Glow In The Dark) polish is extremely hard to find as a fullsize. I never found one :(

The white and black are opaque with 1 coat, the orange with 2 coats, the blurple needs at least 4. You have to load it up in direct sunlight or with a flashlight and then go into a dark room to see the greenish glow. If you are walking around outside at dawn or night with streetlights around you, you barely notice the glow. You have to expose it to a bright light and then go to a dark place ;) or take a flashlight with you and expose your nails to it every 3 minutes *gg*

Included with the 4 mini polishes is a small sheet of tattoos (2 bats, 1 cat, 1 red heart and 1 tribal with hearts), which I find cute, but would have preferred nail stickers. I'm never sure where to apply tattoos ;)

I bought this set because I wanted the blue GITD color and couldn't find it in a fullsize anywhere.

You have to be a bit careful when applying the polish, because the brush is so small, so you have to pay attention how much product you pack on the brush. But I soon got the hang of it.

The bottles are really cute, especially next to their "grown-up" brothers and sisters on my shelf ;)

But they're more like a collectors edition than very handy, that's true.
Shipping took some weeks, but from the US to Germany that was only to be expected, so I wasn't worried. It arrived in perfect condition.
Amparo D.
Amparo D.
Review for: Meet Me Star Ferry
Having used shatter or crackle polish by OPI, LaRosa and China Glaze, I have some basis for comparison. They all work, it's your subjective taste that matters. The LaRosa shatter pattern is sort of a random pattern. The China Glaze is more like a snakeskin shaped pattern. In my opinion, the OPI is the nicest - it's clean and geometric, like tiny parallel rectangles.

The OPI is easiest to work with too. It's got a less gloppy or thick formula, so it goes on more cleanly, and shatters more intricately. It's a true black, nice and dark, covering any base coat well. It's too bad OPI came out of the gate with the black and has been slow about other colors. Fortunately other manufacturers have stepped more quickly into the blooming shatter market.

If you haven't used a crackle or shatter polish, please read on. These are a lot of fun, and look great. It makes me crazy when I see reviews of disappointed people saying "It didn't work" and you can usually tell they either didn't get directions with the product, or didn't read them.

The point of crackle polish is to use two colors which contrast. You apply a base coat of regular nail polish, and then paint the crackle polish on top, which shrinks as it dries to expose the base color. Thus, whatever you choose for your base should be a color that will contrast nicely with the color of crackle you have. The more different the colors (light and dark) the more obvious the pattern will be.

Crackle polish will NOT work on your naked nail- as it dries it shrinks and it needs a smooth dry surface to shrink across.

The key is to put the crackle polish on when the base color is COMPLETELY dry.
Hannah A.
Hannah A.
How It Looks/Feels/Applies:

It is a metallic, shimmery turquoise blue that could go more green depending upon the lighting and what color is peeking through. It makes my fingers cold, which is a little weird. The formula was thick and chunky which made it difficult to work with. It was impossible to get a thin even coat of shatter. It looked thick and not chic on nails.

Why I Didn't Like It:

The formula of this OPI was horrible! OPI is usually very good and I bought this at the salon, so I know it is authentic. It dried up on me, which must be the bad formula on this one. I have my OPI Katy Perry Teenage Dream that is still going strong at over 6 years of use/being open.

It's the glitter polish in the pictures. Anyways, I also have an OPI Gold Shatter that has an amazing formula. I think I got a dud or the color formula was a dud as a whole. Not sure which one it is. The formula was thick and gooey and no matter how hard I tried it always looked like a gross mess on my nails. I do not recommend this one from OPI. If you are looking for a shatter, I love the gold, metallic one. It is easy to get a thin even coat and it makes my nails look so princessy when layered over pink or purple.
Maria V.
Maria V.
Review for: The Thrill of Brazil
First, let me begin by saying that the color here on your screen is as close to exact as it could possibly get. You know how sometimes what you see online is totally different to real life? - Well this isn't one of those times; it's almost exact.
Next; I've said it before and I'll say it again, OPI make one of the best quality nail polishes on the market. They are top notch and take some time before they begin to chip. Use a base coat and two color coats then a top coat, and you'll have long lasting color.
Last but not least, this color is superb. Maybe it's a little more of a winter color than summer, but either way, it's amazing looking on shorter nails. It almost looks black, but does have a hint of a deep burgandy shade to it. I swear, it can make anyones hands look young and hip. It's a stunning color that is as essential as a good lipstick.
If you like to paint your nails and you want a great quality product in one of the hottest shades, then this is the one to choose. It's fantastic and I can't rave highly enough of it.
Myranda L.
Myranda L.
Review for: Nail Strengthener
I worked at a job for two years, one that I could not wear anything on my nails. After I quit that job one of the first things I did was go get acrylics. The lady that did my nails filed my natural nails thin and then put the acrylic on ridiculously thick. When I went to get a Polish change (different salon) the man was nice enough to battle the acrylic and take them off (this was about 2 months after I got them, so the acrylic was sitting about mid nail, I had already been filing them down and changing the polish) He actually recommended this stuff because as he was taking the acrylics off my nails underneath would peel, he used nail glue to glue what he could down. But my nails were left thin, brittle, and bendable. I use this nail strengthener as a base coat and it has helped my nails tremendously.
I went to get the Polish change August 11th it is now August 29th, I've used it 4 times and my nails no longer can bend, they are not peeling anymore and they just look healthier.
Cayla W.
Cayla W.
Review for: Live. Love. Carnaval
I never really thought I would be saying that an OPI color is my favorite because prior to this year, OPI was not one of my favorite brands. I gave them a chance again and I'm hooked and I love OPI! Especially this particular color! I am the type of girl who has hundreds of nail polishes so for me to say that one particular colors my favorite is saying something, but this color is my favorite! It's so bright and it is the perfect shade! It is especially perfect for summer and spring! I always get compliments whenever I wear this color and as soon as it chips, I could easily paint my nails another color, but I hardly ever do. I just go right back to this one because I love it so much. Out of all of my nail polishes, this is definitely one of my favorites! I am so happy I got this color! I knew as soon as I saw it in the store it would be a good color.
Jenn F.
Jenn F.
Review for: Linger Over Coffee (java brown)
I purchased Black Onyx by mistake. I bought several colors, and as I was trying out the colors before I made my final decision before going to the nail salon, I put on what I thought was Step 3 of the OPI No Light Gel System. Step 3 is in a black bottle. I put the polish on, and it was black...a pretty black! I like both neutral and dark colors, so I wasn't upset because it looked so good on my fingernail. I was looking for nail polish without the light. Admittedly, at first, I was skeptical - BUT this polish, used with OPI's three-step process for gel polish without the light, is PHENOMENAL!! It has been on for one week, without any signs of chipping! And, to me, it stays on better than the gel polish with the light! The only drawback is that it took forever to dry, but it is still worth FIVE STARS!! WHOOHOO!!! I am happy!
Missy F.
Missy F.
Corona, CA
I LOVE THIS COLOR!!! It's seriously the perfect dark colored nail polish if you want dark nails without using a black. It's a very dark plum-y color that from afar gives off the look that a dark, almost black nail polish would do, without look harsh against you skin. I am really fair skinned (like the fairest it gets) and Lincoln Park after Dark has been my go-to polish for the fall and winter months for many many years. The formula of OPI polishes in general, including this polish, is very nice as well. It's a good thick polish that only takes 2 coats max to get a full coverage, and their brush makes it super easy to apply your polish flawlessly regardless of your expertise. I would absolutely recommend this polish for anyone who wants to try a darker color but can't figure out which one will look good with everything.
Aleks M.
Aleks M.
Oak Creek, WI
Review for: MAD FOR MADNESS SAKE
I don't understand the hype. So many people use this nail polish, but honestly it's not that great. I own about 10 OPI and a wide range of other brands and personally, have only done my nails once with OPI because the formula isn't great. It takes a while to dry, is really streaky, chips the next day, and is overpriced. You're better off buying Sally Hansen, which is cheaper and applies a lot better. I feel as if the colors OPI offers are more plain, as in reds, browns, nudes, but they do offer some other fun colors. After doing my nails for 5 years now and collecting over 300 bottles of nail polish, OPI is definitely not one of my favorites. Oh, and the lids tend to always get stuck as nail Polish dries really weirdly and shuts the lid closed. I don't have this problem with any other brand.
Veronica M.
Veronica M.
Review for: PAMPLONA PURPLE
I love the OPI brand, I always use and buy OPI nail polish because I feel it is the best quality product. It's always fun when they come out with a new collection and I am in love with the OPI "Red My Fortune Cookie" nail polish color! It is the perfect color for both manicures & pedicures in the Spring and Summer months! It is a red with a slight pink and slight orange, mango-ish and coral-ish tone to it making it a fun, cheerful, playful color. It compliments every skin tone so it is a color you must definitely buyn and/or request at the nail salon! I love red nails and "Red My Fortune Cookie" by OPI is my official red polish color for the spring and summer! It also is a great buy because it is like all OPI products of high quality, strong colors, smooth application, and longer wear time.
Aditi A.
Aditi A.
Katy, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are the OPI nail paints long lasting?
Danielle A.
Danielle A.
Southborough, MA
Essie or OPI?
Yanette F.
Yanette F.
Santa Paula, CA
What is the best color to use for fall season?
Alyssa R.
Alyssa R.
Homosassa, FL
What is your signature OPI Nail Polish Color?
Cheryl T.
Cheryl T.
Seattle, WA
Turquoise and what other color do you think will make a great fall combo? Champagne maybe?