OPI Nail LacquerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY OPI #2 in Nail Polish

OPI has been a family owned company ever since its founding in 1981. Committed to providing their customers with the finest quality products and services, OPI have become the World Leader in professional nail care. OPI's reputation is built on its commitment to quality, safety, innovation and excellence - a commitment it honours with every product, every day. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark is a rich, midnight purple nail polish. The perfect statement nail polish is part of the OPI Chicago Nail Polish Collection.

Kathryn M.
Purchased at: Sephora
This seems like the obvious choice for most girls' nails. I mean, it is hard to avoid. This is for good reason. A decent pedicure will last me weeks before chipping or Peeling. There are a million gorgeous colors and the price is right. What is there not to like? Now, I didnt give a 5 star because of my manicures. I have oily cuticles or something like that. A mani lasts a day or two with this polish. I wish their polish was better for those even with oily cuticles. Oh, for the record, I use a base and top coat in addition to the polish to get the longevity.
Kathy C.
La Porte
The best of everything of mani's and pedi's. This particular color is perfect for my olive to medium skin! I have so many different colors of OPI polish and it lasts 2 + weeks without visible chipping. It's my favorite polish with minimal cost and I highly recommend. The color doesn't thicken too quick, lasts for 2 years depending on how many times it's used!  OPI Nail Lacquer, OPI Classics Collection, 0.5 Fluid Ounce - OPI Red I also love You Had Me At Merlot and their Base Coat!
Rachel B.
Anderson, SC
Review for: HUMIDI-TEA more...
I have been using OPI since I was a little girl, and this brand to me is one of the best. Because it’s a lacquer, it stays on much better than regular polish and lasts longer too. It is a little but tougher to get off and cannot be removed with any polish remover, but it is definitely worth every penny and a little extra work. I typically get new colors from sally beauty. The light colors are typically fairly sheer and can be added over another color to give a fun and unique look.
Kim M.
Review for: KYOTO PEARL, LINCOLN PARK AFTER DARK, LUCERNE-TAINLY LOOK MARVELLOUS, PRINCESSES RULE!, GARGANTUAN GREEN GRAPE, COLOUR SO HOT IT BERNS, YOU DON’T KNOQ JACQUES!, LINCOLN PARK AFTER MIDNIGHT, GLITZERLAND, HOT & SPICY, Other more...
I have around probably 4 dozen OPI polishes and they were my go-to brand for many years. OPI polishes have a wide shade range, fun collections with a theme yet offer variety, and have a formula that wears well. I have brittle nails that are prone to bending and breaking and I can go about 4-5 days with OPI polishes before they start to chip. Essie and China Glaze usually start chipping around day 3 and Marc Jacobs can last about 6 days. This OPI line is fairly typical in formula for a non-gel polish and they switched to a paddle brush in the last 5 years or so. The shades vary in opacity but most shades will be opaque at 3 coats, which is typical for non gel polishes. The polishes seem to be more resistant to thickening over time than other brands which is nice, however, they are prone to having their caps stuck shut by dried polish on the bottle rim. OPI is a really reliable brand that is accessible in stores and is reasonably priced, if not a bit on the expensive side. If I am looking for a particular polish shade I will start with looking in OPI's collection because of how broad their shade range is and how many finishes they are available in. I have slowly been switching over to gel polishes because they last longer and look better but I won't be getting rid of any of my OPIs either. I haven't tried their Infinite Shine line but I hope to soon. If I were to recommend a nail polish brand to someone it would be OPI. The only main gripe I have with the brand is that they discontinued my favorite polish- Vodka and Caviar. I have been looking for a replacement for years but no other brand can nail the jelly finish like OPI. It is also a bit of a downside that because they have so many limited edition collections you are likely to find a fave that you'll never be able to replace
Allison M.
florida
Review for: COCA-COLA RED more...
I am loving this color and of course, the brand.  This lacquer goes on smooth and a much better quality than the alternatives.  I am a repeat user of the brand (in multiple colors).  Very easy to apply and dries relatively quickly.  Would definitely recommend this brand!
Jessica P.
Covina
Purchased at: Target
OPI nail polishes are simply phenomenal in my opinion. They are top quality and OPI is the only brand that doesn’t make my nail beds yellow when using their darker colors. I have been a consumer of theirs for years and will continue to be for years more! OPI Nail Lacquer
Mary R.
redding, CA
Review for: OPI…EURSO EURO more...
I am going to start by saying that most nail polishes do not last on my nails for longer than 2-3 days. That is because I have really oily nails and for some reason my nails always chip really quickly.

To me, this is one of the best nail polish formulas. They stay on for about a week and are so shiny. I swear by these nail polishes! However, I have noted a few issues I would like to discuss.

To begin, I have used OPI and Essie and both are good. However, one thing I have found about OPI is different colors have different formulas. Say I used a red color, then I used a pink color, the formula could be completely different. I like these, don't get me wrong, but I feel like they could be more consistent.

Another thing is OPI compared to other polishes. I have found OPI is just as good as Essie. However, I have found Essie polishes are a bit more expensive than OPI. OPI is also as good, or better, than high end nail polishes(sold at Sephora).

Overall, I believe this product is nice. However, if they fix a few of the problems, they will be even better! I feel like the price is great for the amount you are paying. I truly recommend this product:)
Erin P.
Fort Collins
Review for: IT’S A GIRL!, PEN & PINK, GO WITH THE LAVA FLOW more...
I have so many of these OPI nail Lacquers. They are beyond easy to apply and have beautiful color to them. The pros of this product is the colors are amazing and look just like they bottles, unlike other nail polishes it actually lasts on the nail itself. I really like the way it shines in the light along with how smooth it goes on. I have found that these nail polishes don't really lose their shine and will last over a week and a half. The colors don't really dry out as easy. they are very affordable and elegant! I would say that when you find a color you like you better hurry and stock up on it because a lot of the colors are a limited edition type thing and you wont be able to get it again. that is my only con on the product. I would highly recommend trying this product to anyone and everyone! they really make your hands look amazing!!!
Mercedes M.
Summerfield, OH
OPI is my go to for nail polish. I personally get my fingers done by a professional so I only paint my toes. But when I do paint them, OPI seems like it lasts the longest. I hardly ever notice chips in the polish when using them and the colors are always pigmented and don’t take many coats to get the desired effect.
Kelly C.
New York
Better than Essie in terms of ease of at-home application, however not sufficiently better than drugstore options to justify the decision. Still takes more layers to achieve opacity than the average drugstore nail polish AND doesn't last as long (in the bottle before you need to repurchase) either.
Aditi A.
Katy, TX
Are the OPI nail paints long lasting?
Danielle A.
Southborough, MA
Essie or OPI?
Yanette F.
Santa Paula, CA
What is the best color to use for fall season?
ALYSSA R.
Woodstock, GA
What is your signature OPI Nail Polish Color?
Cheryl T.
Gulf Shores, AL
Turquoise and what other color do you think will make a great fall combo? Champagne maybe?