OPI Nail LacquerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY OPI #2 in Nail Polish

OPI has been a family owned company ever since its founding in 1981. Committed to providing their customers with the finest quality products and services, OPI have become the World Leader in professional nail care. OPI's reputation is built on its commitment to quality, safety, innovation and excellence - a commitment it honours with every product, every day. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark is a rich, midnight purple nail polish. The perfect statement nail polish is part of the OPI Chicago Nail Polish Collection.

Kim M.
Review for: KYOTO PEARL, LINCOLN PARK AFTER DARK, LUCERNE-TAINLY LOOK MARVELLOUS, PRINCESSES RULE!, GARGANTUAN GREEN GRAPE, COLOUR SO HOT IT BERNS, YOU DON’T KNOQ JACQUES!, LINCOLN PARK AFTER MIDNIGHT, GLITZERLAND, HOT & SPICY, Other more...
I have around probably 4 dozen OPI polishes and they were my go-to brand for many years. OPI polishes have a wide shade range, fun collections with a theme yet offer variety, and have a formula that wears well. I have brittle nails that are prone to bending and breaking and I can go about 4-5 days with OPI polishes before they start to chip. Essie and China Glaze usually start chipping around day 3 and Marc Jacobs can last about 6 days. This OPI line is fairly typical in formula for a non-gel polish and they switched to a paddle brush in the last 5 years or so. The shades vary in opacity but most shades will be opaque at 3 coats, which is typical for non gel polishes. The polishes seem to be more resistant to thickening over time than other brands which is nice, however, they are prone to having their caps stuck shut by dried polish on the bottle rim. OPI is a really reliable brand that is accessible in stores and is reasonably priced, if not a bit on the expensive side. If I am looking for a particular polish shade I will start with looking in OPI's collection because of how broad their shade range is and how many finishes they are available in. I have slowly been switching over to gel polishes because they last longer and look better but I won't be getting rid of any of my OPIs either. I haven't tried their Infinite Shine line but I hope to soon. If I were to recommend a nail polish brand to someone it would be OPI. The only main gripe I have with the brand is that they discontinued my favorite polish- Vodka and Caviar. I have been looking for a replacement for years but no other brand can nail the jelly finish like OPI. It is also a bit of a downside that because they have so many limited edition collections you are likely to find a fave that you'll never be able to replace
emily j.
Review for: GOT THE BLUES FOR RED more...
I am going to start by saying that most nail polishes do not last on my nails for longer than 2-3 days. That is because I have really oily nails and for some reason my nails always chip really quickly.

To me, this is one of the best nail polish formulas. They stay on for about a week and are so shiny. I swear by these nail polishes! However, I have noted a few issues I would like to discuss.

To begin, I have used OPI and Essie and both are good. However, one thing I have found about OPI is different colors have different formulas. Say I used a red color, then I used a pink color, the formula could be completely different. I like these, don't get me wrong, but I feel like they could be more consistent.

Another thing is OPI compared to other polishes. I have found OPI is just as good as Essie. However, I have found Essie polishes are a bit more expensive than OPI. OPI is also as good, or better, than high end nail polishes(sold at Sephora).

Overall, I believe this product is nice. However, if they fix a few of the problems, they will be even better! I feel like the price is great for the amount you are paying. I truly recommend this product:)
Amanda S.
Moreno Valley , CA
Review for: BLACK ONYX more...
I genuinely enjoy OPI nail lacquer over every other brand I’ve tried as far as nail polish goes. The black in particular is surprisingly pigmented. I get full cover of jet black amazingness with two coats. (I had to pick at least one color to review so I picked the first one I saw that I own)... I also love that it doesn’t chip on me anywhere near as fast as other polishes and lacquers do. It also dries down pretty quickly even though it isn’t advertised as a “quick dry” formula. Even though there are a few colors that are streaky and require like 4 moderate coats to get full opacity without streaks, they’re few and far in between. I’d say the majority of OPI colors aren’t streaky and give full color payoff in 2 moderate coats. There’s also a HUGE variety of colors, which is a plus. I definitely recommend buying OPI.
sarah o.
Review for: CAN’T FIND MY CZECHBOOK, I AM WHAT I AMETHYST, YOU’RE SUCH A BUDAPEST, THIS COST ME A MINT, IT’S A BOY!, ONE CHIC CHICK, THAT’S HULA-RIOUS!, GARGANTUAN GREEN GRAPE, GELATO ON MY MIND, Other more...
Honestly I cannot remember all the OPI shades I own in my collection lol. I really appreciate their medium size brush since I have large nails. On my nails, they last for about 7-8 days. I first apply a sticky base coat then 2 coats of nail polish and finally a quick-dry top coat. There are a few other brands that have a similar brush size but OPI is the most comforting for me. This is a nostalgic brand with fun, current, and timeless shade creations. I've repeated so many of their shades throughout the years. I'm not surprised why they're so popular. Usually I purchase these goodies online through either Target or Ulta.
Reigh D.
Knoxville, TN
The best nail polish out there!! It's one swipe and your done with a ton of their colors but some you do have to apply a second layer which is fine and this stuff lasts!! I can paint my nails and it will last till I take it off months later. My husband painted my toes black while I was 6 months pregnant and he actually had to use nail polish remover to take it off 7 months later ( my fingernails grow unbelievably fast and my toenails unbelievably slow) and it was just as perfect when he took it off as when he first painted it. However you do need a clear top coat of course or it won't stay put but any clear coat works.
Sonia G.
Fort Lee, NJ
Review for: GOT THE BLUES FOR RED more...
This has to be my favorite red nail polish ever, and although I literally have a nail salon rack of nail polish mounted in my bathroom (and full of a lot of polish), I have used at least 3 tubes of this one in the last few years, which is a lot given how many colors I own. Reds are hard because you can see when they chip, which is why this one is such a winner, you can go 3 days without a chip if you arent washing dishes, and the color is just a flawless red that looks dark but not so dark that you cant tell. perfect for any outfit and any skin tone. Really recommend!
Amelia H.
Manchester, Ky
Review for: TEAL THE COWS COME HOME more...
Throughout the years, I have had more than one color, but the list was way to long to sit and remember and choose. OPI was popular than and is still popular now, they have a great color selection and even texture selection, they are long lasting, mostly chip resistant, fairly prices, easy to use. They have a color and style to fit anyone and everyone.
Andie A.
Las Vegas
Review for: AN AFFAIR IN RED SQUARE more...
I’m not big on doing my nails. I hate the feeling of fake nails, and I feel like every time I get a manicure, it chips the next day. I do paint my toenails though, and I’ve been in love with this color for years. This is the perfect red. It’s a darker, shimmery red that looks great on toes. The Opi formula is long lasting, and the brush is superior to others. It helps the color go on evenly. I used to go between “an affair in red square,” and Opi’s “I’m not really a waitress,” but this color has won out.
Jordan C.
Georgetown
Review for: GUYS & GALAXIES more...
Guys and Galaxies is my new favorite shade! It's a beautiful dark wine color, perfect for year round. Not only is it beautiful, but it goes on like a dream and actually lasts! Top it off with their clear top coat and your nails will look perfect for at least a week. I used to go to the salon religiously to get my nails done, but now I've grown them out and gotten them healthy again. I use OPI and they look just like my acrylics! Salon quality, but way cheaper :)
Lydda L.
Miami Beach
Long lasting, no-clumps, easily spreadable standard nail polish I keep repurchasing. The applicator wand on this one is amazing: hard but at the same time soft enough that it spreads out evenly and has great reach. I usually just have to do two passes per finger to get all the spots. I love all of the nude colors. These are usually my standard day to day while the reds are great on my toes. They are on the pricier side but I think that considering they are long-lasting the up-charge is worth it.
Aditi A.
Katy, TX
Are the OPI nail paints long lasting?
Danielle A.
Southborough, MA
Essie or OPI?
Yanette F.
Santa Paula, CA
What is the best color to use for fall season?
ALYSSA R.
Woodstock, GA
What is your signature OPI Nail Polish Color?
Cheryl T.
Gulf Shores, AL
Turquoise and what other color do you think will make a great fall combo? Champagne maybe?