OPI Nail LacquerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY OPI #2 in Nail Polish

OPI has been a family owned company ever since its founding in 1981. Committed to providing their customers with the finest quality products and services, OPI have become the World Leader in professional nail care. OPI's reputation is built on its commitment to quality, safety, innovation and excellence - a commitment it honours with every product, every day. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark is a rich, midnight purple nail polish. The perfect statement nail polish is part of the OPI Chicago Nail Polish Collection.

Kim M.
Review for: KYOTO PEARL, LINCOLN PARK AFTER DARK, LUCERNE-TAINLY LOOK MARVELLOUS, PRINCESSES RULE!, GARGANTUAN GREEN GRAPE, COLOUR SO HOT IT BERNS, YOU DON’T KNOQ JACQUES!, LINCOLN PARK AFTER MIDNIGHT, GLITZERLAND, HOT & SPICY, Other more...
I have around probably 4 dozen OPI polishes and they were my go-to brand for many years. OPI polishes have a wide shade range, fun collections with a theme yet offer variety, and have a formula that wears well. I have brittle nails that are prone to bending and breaking and I can go about 4-5 days with OPI polishes before they start to chip. Essie and China Glaze usually start chipping around day 3 and Marc Jacobs can last about 6 days. This OPI line is fairly typical in formula for a non-gel polish and they switched to a paddle brush in the last 5 years or so. The shades vary in opacity but most shades will be opaque at 3 coats, which is typical for non gel polishes. The polishes seem to be more resistant to thickening over time than other brands which is nice, however, they are prone to having their caps stuck shut by dried polish on the bottle rim. OPI is a really reliable brand that is accessible in stores and is reasonably priced, if not a bit on the expensive side. If I am looking for a particular polish shade I will start with looking in OPI's collection because of how broad their shade range is and how many finishes they are available in. I have slowly been switching over to gel polishes because they last longer and look better but I won't be getting rid of any of my OPIs either. I haven't tried their Infinite Shine line but I hope to soon. If I were to recommend a nail polish brand to someone it would be OPI. The only main gripe I have with the brand is that they discontinued my favorite polish- Vodka and Caviar. I have been looking for a replacement for years but no other brand can nail the jelly finish like OPI. It is also a bit of a downside that because they have so many limited edition collections you are likely to find a fave that you'll never be able to replace
Emily J.
Review for: GOT THE BLUES FOR RED more...
I am going to start by saying that most nail polishes do not last on my nails for longer than 2-3 days. That is because I have really oily nails and for some reason my nails always chip really quickly.

To me, this is one of the best nail polish formulas. They stay on for about a week and are so shiny. I swear by these nail polishes! However, I have noted a few issues I would like to discuss.

To begin, I have used OPI and Essie and both are good. However, one thing I have found about OPI is different colors have different formulas. Say I used a red color, then I used a pink color, the formula could be completely different. I like these, don't get me wrong, but I feel like they could be more consistent.

Another thing is OPI compared to other polishes. I have found OPI is just as good as Essie. However, I have found Essie polishes are a bit more expensive than OPI. OPI is also as good, or better, than high end nail polishes(sold at Sephora).

Overall, I believe this product is nice. However, if they fix a few of the problems, they will be even better! I feel like the price is great for the amount you are paying. I truly recommend this product:)
Autumn G.
Lemont, IL
Review for: BLACK CHERRY CHUTNEY more...
OPI is and has always been my go to polish. I believe it stands on the higher end of accessible nail polishes. It is a bit more expensive but you are paying for the quality. I do tend to get gel or SNS on my nails because it stays longer but if I am in a rush, OPI is what I use. My ALL TIME FAVORITE color nail polish of any type (gel, SNS...) is the Black Cherry Chutney. I cannot express to you how pretty this color is. It is a dark black cherry color and is super opaque. It wears every season! I have had this on hand for over 7 years. HIGHLY recommend this color! The only thing I have had a problem with is that the handles tend to stick to the bottle if there is dried nail polish. Quick fix!
sarah o.
Review for: CAN’T FIND MY CZECHBOOK, I AM WHAT I AMETHYST, YOU’RE SUCH A BUDAPEST, THIS COST ME A MINT, IT’S A BOY!, ONE CHIC CHICK, THAT’S HULA-RIOUS!, GARGANTUAN GREEN GRAPE, GELATO ON MY MIND, Other more...
Honestly I cannot remember all the OPI shades I own in my collection lol. I really appreciate their medium size brush since I have large nails. On my nails, they last for about 7-8 days. I first apply a sticky base coat then 2 coats of nail polish and finally a quick-dry top coat. There are a few other brands that have a similar brush size but OPI is the most comforting for me. This is a nostalgic brand with fun, current, and timeless shade creations. I've repeated so many of their shades throughout the years. I'm not surprised why they're so popular. Usually I purchase these goodies online through either Target or Ulta.
Reigh D.
Knoxville, TN
The best nail polish out there!! It's one swipe and your done with a ton of their colors but some you do have to apply a second layer which is fine and this stuff lasts!! I can paint my nails and it will last till I take it off months later. My husband painted my toes black while I was 6 months pregnant and he actually had to use nail polish remover to take it off 7 months later ( my fingernails grow unbelievably fast and my toenails unbelievably slow) and it was just as perfect when he took it off as when he first painted it. However you do need a clear top coat of course or it won't stay put but any clear coat works.
Anne R.
OPI has always been my go to nail polish brand. It always offers such amazing quality and consistency. The polish is never clumpy or sticky like some other brands
I’ve tried. Everytime I’ve used OPI, my polish applies beautifully, smoothly, and shiny! I love the top coats they offer along with the color selection! This brand has an ENDLESS amount of colors to choose from in any range you could think of. They are always coming out with new mini seasonal collections too. OPI also offers the cutest mini nail polish packages and gift sets as well. The quality of this brand is way too good to pass up, 100% recommend!
Sonia G.
Fort Lee, NJ
Review for: GOT THE BLUES FOR RED more...
This has to be my favorite red nail polish ever, and although I literally have a nail salon rack of nail polish mounted in my bathroom (and full of a lot of polish), I have used at least 3 tubes of this one in the last few years, which is a lot given how many colors I own. Reds are hard because you can see when they chip, which is why this one is such a winner, you can go 3 days without a chip if you arent washing dishes, and the color is just a flawless red that looks dark but not so dark that you cant tell. perfect for any outfit and any skin tone. Really recommend!
Amelia H.
Manchester, Ky
Review for: TEAL THE COWS COME HOME more...
Throughout the years, I have had more than one color, but the list was way to long to sit and remember and choose. OPI was popular than and is still popular now, they have a great color selection and even texture selection, they are long lasting, mostly chip resistant, fairly prices, easy to use. They have a color and style to fit anyone and everyone.
Lydda L.
Miami Beach
Long lasting, no-clumps, easily spreadable standard nail polish I keep repurchasing. The applicator wand on this one is amazing: hard but at the same time soft enough that it spreads out evenly and has great reach. I usually just have to do two passes per finger to get all the spots. I love all of the nude colors. These are usually my standard day to day while the reds are great on my toes. They are on the pricier side but I think that considering they are long-lasting the up-charge is worth it.
Meghan C.
Stafford
Review for: GELATO ON MY MIND, PURPLE PALAZZO PANTS more...
OPI has become my favorite brand of nail polish! I discarded all of my old overly used polish and now only buy OPI! I found purple palazzo pants and gelato my mind at tjmaxx for $4 each and absolutely loveeee these colors. The purple is very light and great for spring or summer. The blue is close to a tiffany blue shade and is superrr gorgeous. They last relatively long and don’t chip as easily as other polishes I’ve tried: Definitely buying more colors.
Aditi A.
Katy, TX
Are the OPI nail paints long lasting?
Danielle A.
Southborough, MA
Essie or OPI?
Yanette F.
Santa Paula, CA
What is the best color to use for fall season?
ALYSSA R.
Woodstock, GA
What is your signature OPI Nail Polish Color?
Cheryl T.
Gulf Shores, AL
Turquoise and what other color do you think will make a great fall combo? Champagne maybe?