OPI Nail Envy Original

You wouldn't face harsh elements without a coat, so why leave your nails unprotected Fortify, protect, and harden thin, brittle natural nails with the Original Nail Envy. For results, apply two coats, followed by a one-coat application every other day.

While I realize that this is supposed to be a nail "strengthener", does it also function to prolong the wear time of a nail polish applied over it?
Does this actually work? My nails are so brittle and keep breaking x
Pros and cons of this product?
Start your review of OPI Nail Envy Original!
Saint Paul
OPI Nail Envy Original uploaded by Ave P.
Purchased at: Target
Review for: Original, Nail Envy Original, OPI Nail Envy Original, 0.5 Ounce
*Excuse my obnoxiously photogenic feline* To get straight to the point, this product works! I too was very skeptical since my nails were constantly in a dry/damaged state after acrylics & gel mani’s but my trusted nail tech told me to try this before I get another set of dip nails or any other nail service for that matter. I saw results after about a week-10 days following the directions to a T. On clean, dry nails I applied some rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad to get rid of any extra oil and applied 2 *thin* coats of the OPI Nail Envy. Then, 1 thin coat every other day after for a week then take it off and start the process all over again every week. You can even apply 2 coats and then a color nail polish (the one in the picture is OPI Bubble Bath) and you don’t have to apply additional coats of the Nail Envy days after since you have a normal color polish on top of the Nail Envy. I’d only recommend using a regular nail polish on top of this once your nails are strong/repaired enough. This product WILL dry out your cuticles so I usually apply a cuticle oil (I love the brand Blossom) every morning while wearing OPI Nail Envy. That and the price tag are the reasons behind taking off one star. Other than that, I will continue to purchase this nail strengthener and recommend it to anyone else who is struggling with peeling, brittle or weak nails!
1,776 reviews
OPI Nail Envy Original uploaded by Kat J.
Review for: Original, Nail Envy Original, OPI Nail Envy Original, 0.5 Ounce
I bought this on sale at Ulta out of desperation, if I’m being honest... My poor nails have been through so much. I used to bite them during my teen years, and then when I finally stopped they just wouldn’t grow. Years later they eventually started to show some progress, but because they were so brittle and fragile, they would break the moment they started to get past my fingertips. I was so sick and tired of having to apply fake glue-on nails just to have a decent manicure. But I had already tried almost every strengthening and growth treatment on the market, and none of them actually worked for me... Enter this amazing invention from OPI,... This Nail Envy Strengthener literally saved my life. That might sound dramatic to some, but being able to give myself a real manicure on my natural nails means so much to me. After following the instructions and using this product religiously for a couple of weeks, not only did my nails grow, but they were practically invincible to breakage. They didn’t peel or flake like they usually did, they just kept growing! I was in tears when I saw the results of using this product,... I’m being totally serious. If not being able to grow your natural nails plagues you as it once did me,... Buy this product and never look back. I will never be able to properly thank OPI for what this Nail Envy Polish has done for me.
Davenport, FL
OPI Nail Envy Original uploaded by Marisa G.
OPI Nail Envy Original uploaded by Marisa G.
Purchased at: ULTA
Best product for brittle nails. I always use this after i just get my acrylics or gel polish off. It immediately strengthens and improves the state of my nails. You apply 2 coats upon first application, and then one coat every other day for the next week & you can repeat the process as many times as you like. It really works! If you use this and nothing else it leaves a nice healthy shine & it helps your nails grow as well. Beware of the super strong smell. It’s only while you’re applying it & to me it’s worth it since it works so well. Here is a before vs immediately after applying this to my nails after taking off my acrylic nails. OPI Nail Envy Original
OPI Nail Envy Original uploaded by Riyana B.
Review for: Nail Envy Original
LOVE this product! I used to be able to grow my nails quite long, but then I started getting brittle and nails due to hormonal issues, my nails would chip even if they grew out a little bit. Now, I regularly oil my nails and also use this every few days, adding coats when I need to. My nails are looking strong and healthy!!! I also recommend using it with other vitamins to really fortify your nails.
Boston, MA
Review for: Nail Envy Original
I have paper-thin, always breaking nails so at some point I stopped doing UV gel manicures, and decided to give my nails treatment and attempt to strengthen them. Which led me to this highly reviewed product. So, let me get this clear, this thing STINGS at first application, and apparently it's normal? Your nails can hurt for up to 48 hours. But I survived it and once you build up layers its doesn't hurt anymore. Unfortunately, no magic happened to my nails and they remained weak after I removed the treatment (1.5-2 months). So I gave it to my mom, and she actually loved it.
Plainview, NY
Review for: Original, Nail Envy Original, OPI Nail Envy Original, 0.5 Ounce
The winter is wrecking my nails and they have been so brittle and breaking; layers were snagging and breaking off...it’s been terrible. I looked for something that could help strengthen my nails and found this. It’s been less than a week but my nails feel so much harder and much stronger. The way this works is you apply 2 coats the first day then one coat every other day and then remove it all on the 7th day. I am Interested to see how my nails are once I remove the polish. I haven’t tried it yet with other polish thrown in. For now my nails just have the clear on them.
Fontana, CA
Review for: OPI Nail Envy Original, 0.5 Ounce
I had been doing at home nail dips and obviously not doing a great job since they were peeling off and leaving my natural nails in really rough shape. Nail envy to the rescue! After the nail dip layer peeled off I would immediately put this polish on and it would save my nails from peeling or breaking further. Before I started using this, my nails would continually break and peel for at least another 2 weeks after I did an at home nail dip and I wouldn’t be able to even grow them out, but that has completely changed using nail envy.
New York
OPI Nail Envy Original uploaded by Sara R.
Review for: Nail Envy Original
I’m actually coming back to write a second review for this product because my opinion has totally changed. I gave this product another try after years of back to back gels and dips, and after a week of use my nails are stronger than I can ever remember them being in my adult life. There is zero peeling and very little tear or breakage throughout the week. I pair it with the Transfix Nail Restore Base Coat by Dermelect and coat with essie apricot cuticle oil about 3x per week.
Fairfax, VA
OPI Nail Envy Original uploaded by Chelsea C.
Purchased at: Amazon
Review for: Nail Envy Original
I have been getting my nails done at the salon for over a year now and my nail tech told me that it was time to take a break. I picked up the OPI nail in the original and gave it a try and I’m only two weeks in at my nails are way stronger than they were before and looking so amazing. If you follow the directions that came with the product you will see healthy amazing nails in no time.
Stamford, CT
OPI Nail Envy Original uploaded by Sarah E.
Review for: Nail Envy Original, OPI Nail Envy Original, 0.5 Ounce, Nail, Other
I have very soft and brittle nails, which break so easily, OPI has NEVER let me down. I have tried other nail hardeners, but OPI Nail Envy has been the top product. I haven’t been able to find this product in my local pharmacy stores because they are so popular and go out quick. Hoping to find a new bottle ASAP! The one thing I do have so say is that it’s a little pricier than other products I have used, but other than that it’s great!OPI Nail Envy Original

156 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...