BY OPI #5 in Nail Files

• Is this truly any different from a traditional nail file?5 Answers
  • Can I use this if my nails are not that strong?1 Answers
Tiffany T.
Emu Park
I'm not 100% with this product since ive only used it a couple of times, but in the time ive used i have found that it is really great at shaping the nail that way you want it but of course you need to know what you are doing if you want it perfect, yes in my time of use i haven't had any flaws with the product yet so i will recommend this product.
Luna S.
Mississauga, ON
This was the first crystal nail file I bought, and while I now alternate between it and my NailTek file, this one will always be my favorite.
I have very soft, weak nails that tend to peel into layers at the tips, and the metal files I used to use just seemed to exacerbate the problem (granted, they were not even close to high quality nail files). So when I bought a treatment to strengthen my weak nails, I tossed the nail file in, thinking it couldn't hurt.
The texture was the hardest to get used to. Filing my nails with metal was bad enough, but crystal...oh god, the first weeks I dreaded it because it just felt like nails on a chalkboard to me. It took a while for me to transition from metal to crystal because of the texture alone.
I'm happy to report, though, that the state of my nails greatly improved with the use of the file (although the strengthening system also has helped)-the splitting and peeling of my nails has gone down drastically, and the ends of my nails are smooth, strong, and the texture hardly bothers me anymore.
The file is pretty durable, although it is glass and care should be taken. I store mine in a little box with other nail implements on my bedside table. The end of it is somewhat pointy, so be careful not to jab yourself. Other than that, it's great.
Paige M.
I love using crystal files instead of nail clippers and its really hard to mess up on the production of these things in my eyes. I find that nail clippers fracture the natural nail and cause breakage later on. Usually these are under $10 and you only need to repurchase if lost or broken as you just wash all the nail dust off when dull.
Amanda B.
Colborne, On
I love crystal nail files. They’re my favourite kind! This is a higher priced brand but it’s still afforadable. I lost my one file and purchased another because I liked this one so much! I recommended to my sister as well and she loves it too.
Caitlin K.
Vancouver, BC
I have had this file for years and it still gets the job done. This is the most gentle nail file I have ever come across. I am alle to file my acrylics with it but when I remove my acrylics and my nails are super sensitive this is perfect for them'
STAR G.
Tredworth, Gloucester
I think that this nail file is amazing; however I really don't get on with glass/crystal nail files. I prefer cheap, standard ones. I don't like the feel of crystal nail files but they do work so well. I'd definitely recommend to people because we all have different preferences and this products does what it promises!
When a client asks what type of nail files they should be using on their own, natural nails, I tell them that these glass files are so gentle that they won't damage their nails by using them. They are the best type for natural nails, and are gentle enough that I would only ever use this type of nail file on a child.
Hannah C.
Toronto, Ontario
Your average nail file. Wasn't very impressed with this product but I can't complain because it did what it was supposed to do. I just expected more. It was pricey for its quality. I bought mine off of amazon for $17. I wouldn't buy this product again. I recommend saving your money and buying and average nail file.
Chris F.
I would give this item a perfect score.  I  bought this item for my wife as part of a gift set and she uses it all the time.  It works really well in shaping and filing her nails down with no tear or damage.  It a smooth finish with no rigged edges.  I found it cost a bit more then other brands but well worth it.
Ebs F.
Bear street, Barnstaple
I am in love with this nail file!!! This nail file has lasted me forever!! It’s abit pricey but so so so worth it, I have brought one that has lasted me 2 years! Very easy to use would definitely recomeny this product is so amazing I have brought a few as Christmas gifts this year☺️ Would defiantly re buy 👍
Casy H.
Is this truly any different from a traditional nail file?
Jhanus C.
Elmont, NY
Is this better then a regular Nail filer
Nancy K.
BURLINGTON, IA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Is the OPI Crystal file better than an average nail file?
beba W.
Riyadh , Riyadh
Do you try it,what you say about it,good or bad?
Phyllis D.
Bell City, MO
I am looking for a durable nail file that won't tear my nails up. Would you recommend?