OPI ChipSkip uploaded by Cory K.

BY OPI #93 in Nail Treatments

Nail Lacquer Chip Preventer Just one coat of this Patented ChipSkip formula primes nail surfaces so that nail lacquer adheres better and remains chip-free longer - keeping your manicure or pedicure looking beautifully fresh! Good Housekeeping Promises Limited Warranty to Consumers - Replacement or Refund If Defective Questions? or visit opi.com. . see more...

• Curious to try this product!! How much longer would you s...2 Answers
  • How good does it work and how long does it last 1 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "I tried this as a top coat as well as a base coat over my nails and there was no difference in the length of my manicure." in 3 reviews
  • "This doesn't really help prevent chips any better than any other top coat, unfortunately." in 2 reviews
Lisa W.
Racine, WI
I purchased this based on a review I saw from another website, more specifically for using this before applying JamBerry wraps. I figured I would try it with my nail polish as I have issues with my polish chipping almost immediately. I applied this before my nail polish as the instructions state, I then applied my nail polish and top coat. Within 12 hours of doing my nails, I entire finger was lifting and peeling and almost every other nail had a chip on it. I feel this is even faster than I normally find chips when I do not use anything specifically for chips. Not happy with this products, especially for the $13 I paid to buy this product.
Cory K.
Not impressed at all by this top coat. My nail polish did chip within a few hours after applying. I used OPI nail polish and it wore off at the tips immediately. I have tried this product many times and have now purchased something similar by another brand in hopes my nails stay on fleek!
Neri S.
San Antonio, TX
Chip Skip is to be USED before base coat to clean/prep the nail. It removes the oils from our fingernails so that way the nail polish won't peel off in one piece and to make our manicures last longer. Yes it will evaporate, as that is what IT IS suppose to do! Using Chip Skip has made my manicures last more than 3 days!
Tara N.
I actually wasn't impressed. I tried it numerous ways and it didn't make any kind of difference whether I used it or not. My nails still chipped within 2 days, which is typical for me because as a teacher I constantly use my hands, wash/sanitize etc. . So for me, I wouldn't buy it. I received it as a gift and didn't pay for it, thank god! I wouldn't waste your money. If you want a long lasting manicure you need to go to a salon and get gel. Period.
Danielle H.
shelby
I would not suggest using this all the time because it does dry out your nails, which is also the reason it works. It removes all oils from your nails so polish lasts longer and it does extend polish out for a few days, sometimes a week. I DO recommend it, just not as an everyday thing.
Kristine A.
I bought this thinking it would be more of a top coat or even a base coat. but it really just looks like evaporates. It didn't really seem to make a difference when I used it but was just another additional manicure step. I don't think it's necessary.
Tori O.
Brunswick, GA
This product seemed to make my nail color last about two days longer than it normally would. I like that it seems to just disappear and not take away from the effect of my nail design. I think it will end up being worth the cost after several uses.
Candice V.
This stuff is AMAZING, but you have to know how best to use it! I put it on on top of the base coat and underneath the color coat and it works like a charm! I never do my nails without it!
Brianna M.
Fredericktown, MO
This product is phenomenal if you paint your acrylics often as I do this is great to prevent chipping and comes off fairly easy no need to reapply it last quite awhile! Pick this up for sure!
jackie t.
Sacramento, CA
This stuff works great! It really does keep them from chipping a lot better than your average top coat. I usually chip my nails within two days but this helps them last nearly a week.
Amanda S.
Raymore, MO
Curious to try this product!! How much longer would you say it extends your mani before it starts chipping?
Latasha H.
Gulfport, MS
How good does it work and how long does it last